News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-69 Charger hood mounted indicator light RUBBER BOOTS PHOTOS

Started by BEAPARTS, January 08, 2008, 07:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEAPARTS

The rubber boots are finished for the 68-69 hood indicator lights.  The boots will be offered with complete light assemblies only and will not be sold separately, if you already have the lights to bad. :nana:

Just kidding, the boots will be offered separately, the cost is $19 per pair and the part number is 252-CH68B.  The new price for complete light assemblies with the rubber boots is $214.

The boots are in transit as I write, we all need to thank Brian (resq302) for suppling his boot as a pattern.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990

resq302

Thanks are not necessary unless you really feel compelled to do so.  I am just happy that I was able to help "the cause" with having a part that could be repro'd.

Again, as I have said before, a GIANT THANK YOU for undertaking the effort to repro these needed parts for our rides. :2thumbs: :cheers:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

dodgecharger-fan

Count on an order from me.

I'll wait for the door pads, though, to make for a bigger order.
(This time, instead of Santa's little helper, I could be your valentine... errmm. Ummm. I didn't mean. Well, you know what I meant.  :P  :rofl: )

Thanks Brian!

Thanks Mike!

resq302

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on January 08, 2008, 01:19:46 PM
(This time, instead of Santa's little helper, I could be your valentine... errmm. Ummm. I didn't mean. Well, you know what I meant.  :P  :rofl: )

This is how rumors get started. :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BEAPARTS

Quote from: resq302 on January 08, 2008, 01:54:53 PM

That's it! Your price just went up 15%. I'm quite certain I stand when I pee.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: BEAPARTS on January 08, 2008, 03:19:56 PM
Quote from: resq302 on January 08, 2008, 01:54:53 PM

:brickwall:

six-tee-nine

[quote

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

resq302

Not only does he make quality repro parts but he is funny too. :lol: :2thumbs:
Brian

BEAPARTS

I'm ready, the boots are in and ready to go with or without light assemblies. 

All customers that purchased assemblies from B/E & A or PG send them back so I can install the boots for you, I have to cut the small terminal end off inside the light socket to get the boot on and crimp a new terminal end on once installed.  I've had limited success pulling the boot over the plug end without tearing the boot.

Include a check/money order for $19 for the boots and I'll cover the freight back.

Ship to:

ATTN: Michael C. Ross
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
699 W. Liberty Street
Medina, OH.  44256

resq302

Wow, now if this isn't a good guy, I don't know who is!  What other vendor would install them for you free of charge and then pay for shipping back????

:cheers: To Mike and his company for EXCELLENT customer service and high attention to detailed parts!
Brian

PocketThunder

Do i have to have these rubber boots on my lights?  what happens if i dont?  electrical short?  :shruggy:

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BEAPARTS

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 23, 2008, 11:11:01 PM
Do i have to have these rubber boots on my lights?  what happens if i dont?  electrical short?  :shruggy:

Paul
in St. Paul

Yep, you stand the a great risk of having a major engine fire without them. Just kidding, they are to keep the weather out of the light assembly.

resq302

These boots prevented water and moisture from getting to where the socket connects to the housing.  If rust or corrosion occurs, the light will not have a propper ground and not function correctly.
Brian

Chatt69chgr

I bought a repop hood mounted turn indicator light set a couple of years ago from Year One.  I don't recall who made them but I think it was the same outfit that was making the repop of the tic-toc-tach.  I havn't mounted them and they are packed away in a box but I don't recall rubber boots being part of the set.  Could someone post a picture of these boots preferrably installed.  I'am thinking I might need to order a set (hopefully they would fit on the turn indicator light set I already bought).   

68charger383

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on January 24, 2008, 09:48:41 PM
  Could someone post a picture of these boots preferrably installed.  I'am thinking I might need to order a set (hopefully they would fit on the turn indicator light set I already bought).   

Check out this thread for the pics
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37291.30.html
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

resq302

Chatt,

Be careful with the repop ones from Year One.  I bought a new socket housing (part that the light bulb socket goes into) and it was too big.  Also the part was made out of machined alluminum.  Granted, it would probably last longer than the original pot metal ones, but I had to send it back because the light bulb and socket would not stay in the housing.  I can probably guarantee that Mike's set will NOT have that problem. :yesnod:
Brian

resq302

Here are the new rubber boots installed on the hood directional signals.
Brian

BEAPARTS

I have received several requests to install boots on original as well as competitors light assemblies, no problem.  Send me the lights, pay for the boots and I'll be more than happy to install them here at no charge.

Mike

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: BEAPARTS on February 01, 2008, 07:52:12 AM
I have received several requests to install boots on original as well as competitors light assemblies, no problem.  Send me the lights, pay for the boots and I'll be more than happy to install them here at no charge.

Mike

WoW! There's a business that knows how "To Give 'em The Pickle."
(It's a compliment. Google it. More businesses should take that course.)

resq302

Quote from: BEAPARTS on February 01, 2008, 07:52:12 AM

Mike

And THAT is why Mike is da man! :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Brian