News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Three's a charm. Lucky me, finally a car loving child.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 21, 2008, 07:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Well, I married a woman that has no interest for the automobile   :rotz:.  Then she created 2 kids that feel the same way  :rofl:.  It's been a lonely world in my car world :shruggy:.  but then , along comes the surprise child #3.  To find him not only playing with cars, but Charger cars warms my heart like no other.  I was one of those guys that was very upset about having 3, I only planned on two,  but every day I hurry home to see this little car buddy.  It's a beautiful thing.  :angel:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

There is nothing like having a son who is into the same cars. You can ask Bill Alphin about this, but we met up with Bill one weekend to look at a Charger 500. It was 1 car to look at, and we were at the house for a good 7 hours+. When I was packing up to go home, my 4 year old wanted to stay and look at the "Brown Charger 500" some more.

Love it.

moparstuart

I have three son's . The 16 year old loves cars and always has. The 10 year old could care less , marches to the beat of his own drum. I didnt think it was possible but the 6 year old loves cars more then all of us .    It is the greatest thing ever going to car shows and cruises all summer with my kids!!!!!!!     
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

My son is 3 and loves car, my daughter is 1 and she takes the doll out of her baby stroller and puts cars and trucks in it then pushes them around the house...  My spouse is horrified! :pullinghair: HAHAHAHA!  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ITSA426

It's nice when your kids enjoy the same hobbies.  My son drove one of my '66 Chargers to high school.  While he was in college he bought a '66 Coronet four door.  Now he's out on his own and employed. He still has the Coronet, and an '06 SXT Charger and a '66 Charger.  For much of his growing up it was just he and I, so the cars were great for bonding, a good excuse for travel, an opportunity to make friends all over the country and way, way cheaper than therapy.

moparstuart

Quote from: ITSA426 on January 22, 2008, 10:14:42 AM
It's nice when your kids enjoy the same hobbies.  My son drove one of my '66 Chargers to high school.  While he was in college he bought a '66 Coronet four door.  Now he's out on his own and employed. He still has the Coronet, and an '06 SXT Charger and a '66 Charger.  For much of his growing up it was just he and I, so the cars were great for bonding, a good excuse for travel, an opportunity to make friends all over the country and way, way cheaper than therapy.
i totally agree we get to travel together and have a great mopar family all over.    

this is from about 6 years ago at a show is wichita ks but here are my 3 kids
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

400/6/PAC

My Boy is 11 now but he has always been right there when I was working on the charger.
He wants his own already.
Glad #3 was a charm for You.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on January 22, 2008, 06:00:40 PM
My Boy is 11 now but he has always been right there when I was working on the charger.
He wants his own already.
Glad #3 was a charm for You.
Wow great picture, and great stories from everyone.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikesbbody

that's awesome  :2thumbs: is that what they mean by "third time lucky"?

bull

Cool story. I'm still on my own with a wife and two daughters. Even the cat and dog are girls.