News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Identify Part Please (instrument wiring harness)

Started by snicker, July 26, 2005, 01:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snicker

I tried searching on the numbers on this part but I didn't have any luck. Can someone identify it please? The pictures aren't focused but hopefully it is fine:

Just 6T9 CHGR

That is the headlight on warning buzzer.   Sounds after ign is shut off and headlights are left on.............

Or

The ign key light delay timer relay
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

Yep I would say its the buzzer, to many wires for the time delay ign light.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Plumcrazy

I think the time delay relay is a small round cylinder.   A little shorter than a AA battery.

What color are the wires attached to it?

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

69hemi

Headlight on buzzer.  I just wired up mine tonight.  It connects to the door switches.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Nacho-RT74

since 70 I think ( but sure since 71 ) Headlight on buzzer only has two prongs, onle black ( door ground ) and one black with yellow tracer ( parking lights line ).

horn buzzer has three wires/prongs... blacks or blacks traced are from horn button and to horns...Pink and/or yellow wires are the Hot lines coming from batt. They are the same lines that feeds the dome light, map light and another constant sources devices.

Even is true that one yellow line on underdash wiring is the door ground

Time delay is true is cilnder with three prongs.

as far I know, buzzers are same shape that that one but only two wires arriving, and they are 90 º angled between them, same as turn/harzzard flahers.

Since 70 until 73 with key cilinder on column, this relay it has also the key in buzzer as part of same assembly device, with one extra prong below to those existant.

Just extra info, I hope don't confusing

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

snicker

Since I've already located my ign switch light timer that has to be the headlight on buzzer. Thanks guys!

On a related note, I'm almost finished getting my instrument panel all wired up and have most things working. My turn signal lights and high beam indicator lights are all working but none of the background instrument panel lights work when I turn the headlights on. I checked and made sure the lights aren't dimmed on the instrument panel and they aren't.

Is there some sort of ground I am missing or maybe a transformer that runs the background lights? Let me know!

purple70rt

I think it's the buzzer for when the door is open and the key is in the ignition, at least thats what I unplugged in my charger due to it driving me up a wall.