News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally found a set of Bucket Seats, Please help me identify these......

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, March 16, 2008, 09:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
  I finally got hooked up on some Bucket Seats for my 74' Satellite.
An old Mopar buddy ran into me this past weekend and said he had some parts for my Satellite if I still had the car. He hooked me up on front and rear seats from what he says was from 74' RR that he had.
Do these look like 74' RR or Charger seats?  :shruggy:
The pattern looks a little different them my 73' Chargers pattern. :shruggy:
Thanks guys.
And thanks to the person that was going to help me out and you know who you are. :cheers:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Actually, those look like the later B-body seats I mentioned to you before. 

Charger1973

BMOTOXSTAR

Yeah,
He said that he took themout of a 74' RR himself. It was a console RR but who know if someone stuck those in? Man I hope they work. :shruggy:

Is it hard to put those new factory looking seat covers on them?
I know those cost some cheese.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

Im not sure how different the foam is, if at all.  But I think it should be easy to put the right covers on them.  They arent original to the RR, the seats possibly could be, because im pretty sure they are exactly the same seat, but the covers no.  Either way, you got a good deal and they will work. 

BROCK

I have a blue set of those seats - cept the seat tracks won't work in my 72 Charger.
Sounds like you have the right seat tracks though :2thumbs:

Nah I don't know what they came out of, sorry.  Gotta be after 74 though, cause
the cover pattern doesn't show up in Year Ones catalogue.

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks man,
I hope them tracks work for me. I guess I could re-coverthem with some new skin someday, for time being I am just going to throw a cheap slip on seat cover set.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks man.
Man, I was hoping the were from a 74' RR. Hope the tracks line up.  :icon_smile_angry:
Gilbert...go away..... :rotz:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

squeakfinder

I saw this thread a little to late. I had a 77 Cordoba, those look like the same seats. On the bright side, they were very comfertable.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

hemihead

Cordoba  / Charger  75 up seats . Floorpans are a little different than your Satellite and just recovering them may not work . I don't know if the shape of the foam is different .  :shruggy:  Good Luck .
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

I think the extra pad on seats is on cover and not in foam. You can tell because the way the buttons look pressing on cover, so pretty sure foam is the same. And if is not the same, the diff is not that big to worry. Maybe could it be cut to fit  :shruggy:

Now about the tracks... I have known about lower section unibody is basically the same. but  :shruggy:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

hemihead

I just cut up a 75 Road Runner last year as I was going to use the floor on a project I have and there is a slight but definate difference.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

moparguy01

BMOTOXSTAR

Could I shim the track studs or would I have to drill holes in the floor? The guy said they were in a 74' RR so maybe that is what they did? :shruggy:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

squeakfinder

Have you checked to see if your RR seat tracks will bolt to the later model seats?

Death1970Proof

Quote from: squeakfinder on March 18, 2008, 07:02:24 PM

I saw this thread a little to late. I had a 77 Cordoba, those look like the same seats. On the bright side, they were very comfertable.

Thats what I was guessin  :cheers:
"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: moparguy01 on March 19, 2008, 04:10:16 PM
Doba seats! are they REEEEECHHH CORRRRRRIINTHIAN LEATHER?  :lol:

Yeah,
  Didn't the dude from Fantasy Island do that commercial? :smilielol:
So much for RR seats, just when I think k I get hooked up......
I should probably try to E-Bay them and then off to find another set of correct buckets...... :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :pity: :pity:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

squeakfinder

Here's an ad with Richardo Montabaun.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o

I'm old enough to remember that he made more than just one commercial.

BROCK

BMOTOXSTAR

I never heard:  Did you try to set the seats in your car to see if the holes line up? 
I have the tracks from a bench seat coming in soon.  That shoud get me half way there?!
If I recall right - the outter track on the newer seats is the big mismatch.  Maybe I'll get
lucky & the rest will fall right into place!

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
  If the outer racks (towards the door panels) are the problem then I bet I could use the tracks from my bench seat is what you are saying?
No , I did not fit them first. My Satellite is in a garage that is snowed in. :rotz:
A local guy has a 3rd gen pair of seats so I am going to take my seat over there and see how they match.
Hope that they work, I passed up on a nice set that were from a 73' Charger but were a little bit more $.
That is what I get for looking for a deal & being cheap. :pity:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Charger1973

I want to say the bench seat tracks are much shorter, but im just going off memory so I could be wrong. 

BROCK

It just seems worth it to me to put our heads together on this, because for the most part 3rd gens came with
bench seats & for an even larger part:  We like buckets :drool5:

There is no way that the correct seats are gonna come available often enough to meet the demand - it's only
going to get harder & harder to find them.  Naturally I wish you the best & believe that they are still out there! 

Maybe the bench seat tracks will be shorter.  When they do finally get here, I'll document it! 

Someone needs to come up with a viable option.  If not us?  At least we helped lay the groundwork :2thumbs:

CHARGERMAN2007_69

1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: BROCK on March 23, 2008, 09:58:17 AM
BMOTOXSTAR

I never heard:  Did you try to set the seats in your car to see if the holes line up? 
I have the tracks from a bench seat coming in soon.  That should get me half way there?!
If I recall right - the outter track on the newer seats is the big mismatch.  Maybe I'll get
lucky & the rest will fall right into place!

Well, I tried the seats today and the seattracks fit right in the correct holes. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
I am so happy they work.
All I have to do is drill 2 holes tomorrow for the bench to bucket conversion.
Do I really need that brace piece? Can't I just use big washers?
Broc,
  The seat tracks on a bench seat will work. I compared the tracks and they appera to be the same.
And 75-76 B_Body buckets will fit in the correct track holes on 74' RR' & Satellites.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT