News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TALLADEGA '09 THREAD

Started by pettybird, April 18, 2008, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Troy, there's no news on hotels yet.    I will check with Tim and see if he has any information.   

jga262

Hopefully will be bringing my Bird this year.

pettybird

excellent!  the more the merrier!

moparstuart

Having never gone before , how many days do I need off . What day does activities start ? 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jonw29

Doug may be better to answer this ? but last time I think that the majority of people arrived on thurs.On Fri Pam Wellborn was gracious enough to give a tour of thier beautiful home(My slowpoke self did not make it in time for that) BBQ,and Tim W had his great collection out for display.Sat was convoy to track for group photo.Sunday was back to the track for the lap of the track,the race and the trip home on Sun.All that I need to do is finish my car.JW

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on January 05, 2009, 11:51:14 AM
Having never gone before , how many days do I need off . What day does activities start ? 

So Stu, maybe i can meet you, Wayne and Geno in St. Louis Thursday morning and drive down from there.  Unless i go thru Chicago then Indianapolis then i could maybe travel down with maybe Danny and/or Doug S. and whoever lives by there.   :scratchchin:

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 05, 2009, 12:58:43 PM

So Stu, maybe i can meet you, Wayne and Geno in St. Louis Thursday morning and drive down from there.  Unless i go thru Chicago then Indianapolis then i could maybe travel down with maybe Danny and/or Doug S. and whoever lives by there.   :scratchchin:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hemigeno

:2thumbs:

But only as long as you guys don't tease me too much for having my car in the Wing Wagon...   :P

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on January 05, 2009, 03:07:57 PM

But only as long as you guys don't tease me too much for having my car in the Wing Wagon...   :P
I need a wing wagon , I'm freaked out to try to drive mine anywhere

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on January 05, 2009, 03:11:36 PM
I "want" to drive my car the whole way just to say i did it, but common sense tells me i should trailer it also.   :shruggy:  If i can get the 440 5-speed in and running great i would like to drive it.  But if i dont and the /6 stays in it, then i would not trust it that far.  I'm going to do my best to get the 440 in though.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 05, 2009, 03:28:09 PM
I "want" to drive my car the whole way just to say i did it, but common sense tells me i should trailer it also.   :shruggy:  If i can get the 440 5-speed in and running great i would like to drive it.  But if i dont and the /6 stays in it, then i would not trust it that far.  I'm going to do my best to get the 440 in though.
those 225's are bullet proof , drive it anyway

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on January 05, 2009, 03:31:21 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 05, 2009, 03:28:09 PM
those 225's are bullet proof , drive it anyway

I'm getting the burning oil smell lately, it might be the tranny, i think its a sign to move on.  Oh the 225 is bullet proof alright, i put it to the test last summer by driving it 6 miles in 95ยบ heat in Milwaukee with no coolant.. D'oh!..

hergfest

When are we going to get info on tickets for the race and hotels?  Really looking forward to this, slowly getting my 500 ready.  The test cruise will be to Vegas in March.

Aero426

Quote from: hergfest on January 05, 2009, 09:59:30 PM
When are we going to get info on tickets for the race and hotels?  Really looking forward to this, slowly getting my 500 ready.  The test cruise will be to Vegas in March.

Hi Gary,

The track will have a block of tickets set up for us, and a 800 number to call to get them.  So for now do not worry about that.   Hotel info is still coming.  There is no problem.    Hold tight for now and mark the dates.

Doug

WINGR

Hey Doug, is it October yet? 

I already told the kids that I wasn't going to be here on Halloween, which so happens to be my favorite holiday. Actually missing Halloween for the Dega meet is not much of a sacrifice, right? :icon_smile_big:

WINGR/Steve

PocketThunder

Quote from: WINGR on January 12, 2009, 12:07:05 AM

I already told the kids that I wasn't going to be here on Halloween, which so happens to be my favorite holiday. Actually missing Halloween for the Dega meet is not much of a sacrifice, right? :icon_smile_big:

WINGR/Steve

Maybe everyone can show up in Costume on Friday night..  :icon_smile_big:   I'm gonna dress up as Stu, and bring my car there on a trailer.   :o

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 12, 2009, 10:44:47 AM

WINGR/Steve

Maybe everyone can show up in Costume on Friday night..  :icon_smile_big:   I'm gonna dress up as Stu, and bring my car there on a trailer.   :o
:RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

pettybird

WINGR/Steve

crap!  that means I'll have to drive you around all weekend!

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 12, 2009, 01:57:05 PM

WINGR/Steve

BUT I  love you dougy and I love you driving me around  , Oh and throw in a couple extra gallon of anti freeze for PT

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on January 12, 2009, 02:04:16 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 12, 2009, 01:57:05 PM

WINGR/Steve

BUT I  love you dougy and I love you driving me around  , Oh and throw in a couple extra gallon of anti freeze for PT

I only need one, oh and a hose clamp..  :icon_smile_big: 

70Sbird

Doug(y)
you already have my list of parts to carry along with you.
Just stay close!
:icon_smile_big:

Scott

P.S. any Idea on when you'll be heading down?
I think I'm leaving Peoria on Thursday early, then through St. Louis, Nashville, Birmingham to Alex city
Mapquest says less than 12 hours

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

looks like doug , jerry and mike 

pettybird

and Scott's car with the misbehaving ECU

I don't know when we're leaving.  last time we were going to go I fried 10ft of wiring harness and it took me 5-6 hours to fix.  we should have just taken the other car. 

and I'll definitely have the box full of tools.  I might even bring a rubber mallet for Jerry's tailpipes so I don't cut my wallet up any more  :lol:

69_500

My plans so far are to leave after work on Thursday afternoon, which means if I push it I might pull in around 2-3 am on Friday. No sweat right?

hemi68charger

:bump:

Any word on Hotel(s)?    :cheers:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection