News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can anyone help me with paint code??

Started by 1badbee, May 03, 2008, 11:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1badbee

Hello everyone,

My friend has gotten a MOPAR car (with out fender tag of course), and it seems to be painted what looks like John Deere green, thats the paint on the floor boards, and on the bottom of the car (under the sound deadner), so it appears to be for real..
He wants to get a new tag made up, but he wanted to know what the code on the tag was for a special order paint, and how the lay out should look on the fender tag..The car is a 70 B-body with some WIERD paint!!!

Please could anyone help my friend on this issue??

Thanks DODGE CHARGER :2thumbs:

1badbee

Okay I know SOMEONE KNOWS OUT THERE..
I know that for the 71 B-body the "special order paint" is 148, is that the same in the 70 B-body cars as well, or is it 999 Thats all Im asking for my friend..

Thank you all here..

hemi-hampton

I dont think you have a special order color but what you probably have is Code #FJ5 Sublime green. Possibly #FJ6 Green Go which is a little darker. LEON.

jaak

Here is FJ6....

Jason

Just 6T9 CHGR

For 1970 the Special Order paint code would be 999 on the left of the second line from the bottom.  If the car wasn't coded for a vinyl roof, 999 will show up again on the left of the 3rd line from the bottom as well...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi-hampton

If this car does not have a Fender tag how do you know it should have a special paint code? Do you have a Broadcast/build sheet? Window Sticker? Or any other paperwork? LEON. :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Which is why Galen demands paperwork to prove a cars options before he'll get a tag made for you.  Unfortunately, there are a number of places that will happily do it without verification.

1badbee

Nope I ALREADY INFORMED HIM that Galen is the ONLY person that will do it for him, and if there is no broadcast sheet, Galien requires TONS of pics of the car BEFORE it gets restored as per his website, (and it helps that he only lives like an hour west of me).. :cheers:

Quote from: hemi-hampton on May 05, 2008, 12:21:48 AM
If this car does not have a Fender tag how do you know it should have a special paint code? Do you have a Broadcast/build sheet? Window Sticker? Or any other paperwork? LEON. :scratchchin:

Quote from: 1badbee on May 03, 2008, 11:49:46 AM
My friend has gotten a MOPAR car (with out fender tag of course), and it seems to be painted what looks like John Deere green, thats the paint on the floor boards, and on the bottom of the car (under the sound deadner), so it appears to be for real..

hemi-hampton

My Question is if (doubt) Galen looks at car or Pics & makes tag with a FJ5 or FJ6 color code, Does this mean you or your buddy is upset it did not get the special order 999 code you wanted or hoped for?  Sounds like you guys are really wanting/pushing for a 999 special order code if it originally had one or not. As far as I know galen wont make a fender tag with no paper work like Window sticker, or broadcast sheet original dealer invoice, ect, ect. I'm amazed at how many people think Galen will make them a 70 or 71 Hemi cuda convertible with Panther Pink paint & or Billboards, ect, ect just because they said so. :slap: LEON.

1badbee

First off Im NOT at ALL pushing the "999 special order" It just looks a REAL wierd paint code, it does NOT look to be FJ5 or FJ6 is all Im saying, and I just was curious as to how the tag would be set up thats all..
If it is indeed FJ5 or FJ6 so be it..

And to ALL you NON believers thinking that you ONLY need a "fender tag, OR a build sheet to get a fender tag made.. read em and weep as per Gailens web site

1962-1979 FENDER TAG RESTORATION
Information Needed:
Owner Information:
Name
Address (City, State, Zip)
Evening Phone.
Copy of Title or Registration-IN YOUR NAME, Bill of Sale, or Legal Proof of Ownership.
Pencil rubbing of Serial Number on Door Pillar (1967+Older) or Dash (1968+Newer).

Names, Addresses, & Phone Numbers of one (preferably two) known previous owners.
Copy of one of the following items:
Manufacturer's Statement of Origin, (from state DMV)
Original Chrysler Invoice (From Original Selling Dealer),
Donor Fender Tag from Same Year (1969 or newer), Model & Plant.
(Tag will not be returned!-Example: 1969 HEMI Road Runner=any 1969 Belvedere built @ same plant)
35MM Photograph's (Or video) of the vehicle in an unrestored condition:
BODY:  Eye level-Drivers Side
RH Side
Front
Rear
Rear window area
Secondary Body Code Numbers behind left rear bumper area (1966-67 B-Body only).

UNDER HOOD:  Complete LH
CTR
RH
UPPER
LOWER
firewall
w/ Air Cleaner removed
Lower Steering Column at Firewall
Master Cylinder
Radiator Part Number __ = __________  Diameter of opening (19"), (22"), (26") or (28")

Power Steering Pump
Gear
Underside of hood
Primary Radiator Support
Body Code Numbers
Secondary Cowl Body Code Numbers
(1970-74 E-Body & 1971-74 B-Body only)
Idle Label
(Found on 1968 & newer vehicles)
If S/S HEMI RH shock tower

GLASS:  Windshield 
Side Windows
Rear Window
Close-up of windshield  bottom center
side
rear window lettering w/date
W/S Dated:

INTERIOR: Complete dash top
gauges
bottom
VIN on door pillar or dash
Dash w/ speedometer & gauges
Radio
Front seats
Rear Seats
6-Way?
Door panels
Headliner
Door VIN Decal ('69 DAYTONA only) 1970 & Newer
Tire Label
Original body paint on passenger floor under carpet
Secondary Body Code Numbers on package tray
(1965 & older models, 1970-71 Duster).
Interior complete firewall if 1962-64 MAX WEDGE
or 1964-68 S/S HEMI

TRUNK Underside of lid
Spare Tire/Wheel
Spare tire mounting area on '70-71 
E-Body Original paint on rear speaker panel
Secondary Body Code Numbers on LH  trunk lip under weather-strip
(1968-70 B-Body, 1970-71 Dart)
Bumper Jack Assembly
Battery mounting area if MAX WEDGE or S/S HEMI

CHASSIS Bottom of K-Frame
Coin # on K-frame
(1970 & newer)
Front brakes & diameter
- 9", 10" or 11"
Rear brakes & drum diameter-
- 9", 10" or 11"
FT & RR Shock Numbers
(Optional)
LH & RH Leaf Spring Numbers
8 3/4" 3rd Member Casting Number
2070741, 2070742, 2881489
(LH Side of carrier)
Rear axle tube  front
rear

Axle Ratio tag
Chassis rear of front tires
Front of rear spring mounting area
Rear of rear spring mounting area
Frame and body above axle assembly
(Rubber Bumpers & Pinion Snubbers)
Every square inch of underbody
if MAX WEDGE or S/S HEMI
(including wheel wells & parking brake cables.)

Pricing
A.   Fender Tag Assembly--If you have a rusty Fender Tag $   110.00
B. Fender Tag Assembly--If you have a readable Broadcast Sheet $  165.00
*We are unable to help you if you don't have a fender tag or broadcast sheet
-------------
Plus the next items if needed--Call GTS first. 
For 2nd TAG (I.E.: Well optioned car, TRANS AM, HEMI FENDER) $  60.00
DONOR TAG (See 6C) 1969 & newer only           $  50.00
Fender Tag screws (used Pair if needed)           $  10.00
All US orders are shipped to customer via  Federal Express- $ 16.00
International & Canada Orders shipped Federal Express $20.00
Rush Fee/2-4  week turnaround time $75.00
Total $       

RESTORED FENDER TAG(s) WILL BE IN STEEL AND ARE EXACT REPLICAS OF THE ORIGINAL.

All orders checked for accuracy & authenticity.

VIN:
Body Codes found on Radiator Support:

Print this information or download it in text or Microsoft Word format and send or call with VISA/MASTERCARD, DISCOVER, AMERICAN EXPRESS #, Exp Date, and Name on Card. 

When sending orders to GTS--Envelope must include COMPLETE NAME & ADDRESS and

VIN NUMBER of the vehicle in the lower left corner of the envelope. 

DO NOT EMAIL CREDIT CARD INFORMATION--EMAIL IS A NON-SECURE CONNECTION!!!

Galen's Tag Service, LLC.
Galen V. Govier
PO Box 516
Prairie du Chien, WI  53821-0516
(608) 326-6346 VOX
(608) 326-8061 FAX
(608) 326-6346 Voice
(608) 326-8061 Fax     I tried to tell you, but you just dont listen do you, what can I do?? :shruggy:

hemi-hampton

I'm confused, You said you dont have a Fender tag or Broadcast sheet but you'll have Galen make you a tag anyways. Then, when you list Galens requirements you seemed to not read his fine print. the star* that say's if you do not have a fender tag or broadcast sheet, Sorry, I can not help you :shruggy: :scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

Here's another option. Have the local paint supply come out to the car with there Spectramaster Camera & take a picture. This new camera (not that new) will analyze the paints pigments, find the closet match to it & print you out a Formula, If it is not FJ6 or FJ5 This should tell you what it really is? LEON.

1badbee

SHIT MAN YOU DO HAVE ME THERE!!
I did not read the fine print..Thank you!! Now I do feel like  :slap:

And I will try that with the Spectramaster Camera thanks for the lead!!!

hemi-hampton

Just trying to help :pity: LEON

P.S. To get then to come out with Camera might help to say you'll be buying a gallon or 2 of the paint.$$

375instroke

Is it a Dodge or Plymouth?  Dodge has an F6 Bright Green Poly that looks like John Deer green.