News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona In Australia! - Chryslers on the Murray 2020

Started by Tim L, May 17, 2008, 01:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim L

Ok.. The body guy has been around to look at the car, he says that the drivers side is slightly twisted up but not to much to get worried about. He will fix the car using patches where necessary, not use new panels as some may have thought, which is more costly however helps the car maintain it's originality. He told us of a retired jeweler he knows who can repair our A-pillar wind deflectors. Due to the fact that gas here costs $1.61 per Liter or for you guys $6.09 PER GALLON!! the car will not be keeping it's 4.10 ratio and will more likely end up with a 3.23. The rear window has been pulled and what we found was all good, does anyone have any reasons why the rear plug needs to be removed for the restoration? One question we have is, what have people done about the build up of crap in the bottoms of your rear quarters? Here I have posted some more photos, all in all we are extremely happy with the car!
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

getotgone

Tim, I know Australia is a large country, but are you involved with Noel at all? Did "the black Charger" start out yellow and get a red roof welded on? The reason I ask is there cannot be too many black 68's there and would like to get in touch with "the group" again. Is this it below?

If so, drop me an email and I can update you on some things...
If you are interested, or have requests, please email. Buyer pays shipping costs with no gouging. Any part listed the price may be negotiable, check it out, you never know. Most images can be clicked to enlarge, or do you want better ones? just ask... parts@krisiesmopes.com

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 18, 2008, 01:17:49 PM
Quote from: Tim L on May 17, 2008, 08:14:58 PM
Some more photos...
Dang... How many Daytonas are in that pic !!??  Looks like 3 '69 Chargers..........   red one and 2 F6's......????

Judging by the earlier pictures, it looks like there might be another Daytona under the cover next to the F6 car in the back?
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

moparstuart

at one time dave had several project cars stored away

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

66chargerkid

awesome BUILD! Glad to hear you have higher standards for restoration on this daytona
How hard is it on upkeep for a pet kangaroo? =)

bigfastjohn

Hi   no my black 68 with the KB in it came here to Aust from NY  (Cape May Courthouse) I think.It looked quite good but had  a few pimples.It was stripped to a bare shell by me and a lot of bad repairs were found mainly in the back 1/4 s.Lots of bronze welding ect,this was all removed and replaced with steel, As the car was only a base charger I installed subframe joiners,plated the subframes even though they were solid,glued all the frame to body attachment  points to backup the welds,moved the rear springs in to the subframe and widened the wheel tubs a little. The car was previously bronze but I had it painted Black and fitted a new vynol top which it didnt have before. As you can see the 440 Auto has been replaced with a KB water block,indy heads .Two smallish Turbos will be used I have fabricated all the manifolding. Backed with an aftermarket 2 speed it should be interesting.

getotgone

Quote from: bigfastjohn on June 04, 2008, 06:35:10 AM
Hi   no my black 68 with the KB in it came here to Aust from NY  (Cape May Courthouse) I think.It looked quite good but had  a few pimples.It was stripped to a bare shell by me and a lot of bad repairs were found mainly in the back 1/4 s.Lots of bronze welding ect,this was all removed and replaced with steel, As the car was only a base charger I installed subframe joiners,plated the subframes even though they were solid,glued all the frame to body attachment  points to backup the welds,moved the rear springs in to the subframe and widened the wheel tubs a little. The car was previously bronze but I had it painted Black and fitted a new vynol top which it didnt have before. As you can see the 440 Auto has been replaced with a KB water block,indy heads .Two smallish Turbos will be used I have fabricated all the manifolding. Backed with an aftermarket 2 speed it should be interesting.

Very nice!
The one I pictured was done around Melbourne 5 years ago or so. The box is actually the red roof packaged on my driveway in Canada before it went over. The guys I was referring to go to the Hanging Rock shows...I know they have done the Charger, a Chally or 2 and a 69 Hemi Runner.
If you are interested, or have requests, please email. Buyer pays shipping costs with no gouging. Any part listed the price may be negotiable, check it out, you never know. Most images can be clicked to enlarge, or do you want better ones? just ask... parts@krisiesmopes.com

moparstuart

bet he wishes they made those nice new roof skins back then !

getotgone

Quote from: moparstuart on June 04, 2008, 10:40:58 AM
  bet he wishes they made those nice new roof skins back then !

For sure, the one he had was like swiss cheese, and the one we sent cost far more to get it there than the roof itself...

bigfastjohn

Sorry I didnt answer your question  ,I live close to Hanging Rock and often attend,  I do know one Noel Watson who is into Mopars just brought a Superbird  in from US,he sold his hemi Roadrunner to get it I know he has other mopars and came to my place to look over the Daytona. If its him he is not far away and I can call him I dont know if he does computor some of us old guys down here are a bit slow.    Also to the guy who asked the Kangaroo I raised as an orphan about 10 years ago and she just hangs about usually I dont see her all day and she appears around dinner time for a piece of bread , sits at the back door and comes in the kitchen if I let her.She is not caged up.

moparstuart

Hemidog

wow, good luck to anyone trying to restore that ball of rusted metal....  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

gordo1968charger

kangaroo? i had to look twice,i thought it was a greyhound taking a shit!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

70 Charger RT

You may want to install a "ROO" bar on your Daytona.  When I was in OZ years ago I had an HR Holden with no front bumper.  Auzzies thought I was crazy driving around with no "ROO" bar.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

moparstuart

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on June 05, 2008, 03:05:37 PM
You may want to install a "ROO" bar on your Daytona.  When I was in OZ years ago I had an HR Holden with no front bumper.  Auzzies thought I was crazy driving around with no "ROO" bar.
do a chrome loop bumper like on the water melon 70 clone only make it much bigger    :smilielol:.

nascarxx29

Here is the former NY daytona that went down under.Back when it was a Englishtown NJ

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

bigfastjohn

getotgone  I spoke to Noel today @ mopars at the Lake in Bendigo Vic . He remembers you well ,says he just lost touch,did you move? He is not a computer guy but I can get his phone # if you want

Brock Samson

just now getting back to this thread..
thanks for all the updates and extra pics!
love those rods!  :drool5:
love to see more pics if possible...  :shruggy:

G-man

Ive seen a superbird in Australia...

Dunno if that counts to u having the only daytona since that is a superbird. :shruggy:

pettybird

nascarxx29

Dont forget the dart converted to a superbird live in Austrailia
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on June 15, 2008, 10:43:51 AM
psh...superbirds don't count  ::) ::) ::)
oh doug if they dont count send me yours or at least one of them  ? :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

bigfastjohn

Hi not a lot to report from downunder,am still waiting for our turn in the body shop. Meanwhile we have stripped all the front sheetmetal back to bare with stripper and rotary wire brush .trans is at my buddys for a check over ,adjust and new seals at least I hope thats all.     Ive painted and put new unis in the drive shaft I guess that blows any concourse chances I had as Im sure its never had paint before.  The 440 after sitting 30 or so years although not rusty the pistons were quite hard to remove and the rings from the pistons impossible on some even after soaking in Diesel for days.Never mind my engine   guy says it needs to go    oversize and I have a set of 030 so I will use them.crank only needs a polish and the old nylon covered cam gear definately needs replacing (I thought only ford used those rotten things) But anyway after a hot tank + 030 bores and  all new bearings pistons lifters ,check balance and a nice valve job it can go back together again. Oh yea I have to panel beat the oil pan a bit.  Tim or I will keep you guys who are interested informed of where we are up to.           John

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?