News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wrecked daytona on ebay

Started by tan top, June 05, 2008, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Quote from: WingCharger on June 14, 2008, 07:49:04 PM
:o

Cant wait to see it restored! :popcrn:

Gonna need parts that arent produced anymore.  :brickwall:

The Daytona or the Penis ?
RECHRGED

Ghoste

Quote from: HKCharger on June 13, 2008, 10:55:07 PM
what is wrong with a huge penis?

Nothing except that in B-J world it too often means that it isn't really all that huge but if girls just concentrate on the big wallet then maybe, just maybe, they won't notice.  :icon_smile_wink:

nascarxx29

I had put the vin to this car when it emerged on here.As it started off as a retro ad just for the driveline way back in MCG .I have it logged again.I think I will make noted reference to it as the meteorite or spaceball daytona .Best describes it looks like it fell from space and impacted with the ground  :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

GeneralLeeTESH

It's a new PROP for the next Spaceballs movie !!!
The TESH

Ghoste

Maybe it'll unwrinkle itself like Christine?

RAC95054

Quote from: Ghoste on June 16, 2008, 03:50:52 AM
Maybe it'll unwrinkle itself like Christine?
:smilielol:  It needs the proper love and devotion (and a pinch of black magic) for that to happen, though.  :2thumbs:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

nascarxx29

When it where it shows up next .We all had the first hand info what it started as

Question & Answer

Q:  so,the one body pic is a hull in the weeds and the engine original to the car is a V6? Jun-11-08
A:   The bag in the picture is covering up one of the cylinders - this is the original v8 440 4-speed engine vin numbered to the '69 Dodge Daytona. 
Q:  Is that really the original engine to this "Daytona" as you claim ? Why does it appear to only have six cylinders. These cars only had eight cyl engines. Jun-11-08
A:   THIS IS A 440 MOTOR WITH THE VIN. ON IT,IT IS A 8 CYLINDER
Q:  Since the first day of this auction I have been awaiting the Body pictures. You were able to post "additional photos" of the motor and have promised body pictures but still none. I would be an interested bidder but still as of yet have been able to view exactly what condition this Daytona is in. Even though the auction is nearly over I would appreciate / as I am sure other bidders would as well / pictures posted of the body as you as you were able to do with the motor. Thanks JP Jun-11-08
A:   I HADE THEM ON BUT EBAY TOOK THEM OFF ,BECAUSE OF TO MANY VIEWERS?.I WILL TRY TO LIST PICTURES AGAIN
Q:  Has this car ever listed as SALVAGE or is it completely legitimate registered car that can be titled in California. Thanks Jun-11-08
A:   This is not listed as salvage. This has a NY transferable registration.
Q:  lolololololololololol no way is this ascam Jun-10-08
A:   NO,,BID ON WHAT YOU SEE ,IF YOU WANT A REAL DAYTONA ,EVEN THO IT IS WRECKED, YOU CAN NOT CHANGE WHAT THIS IS SO BID AWAY, AND HAVE FUN FIXING A REAL MOPAR LEGACY.NUMBERS MATCHING 440 4SPD
Q:  what happened to the pictures? Jun-10-08
A:   THEY WILL BE BACK TOMORROW,SOMETHING ABOUT TO MANY VIEWERS YOUR ALOUD A DAY BY EBAYS RULES OR SOMETHING,NOT SURE BUT CHECK EARLIER.
Q:  Do you have a pics of the body or what's left of it? Sounds like the car would have to be rebodied. i have a perfect 500 with no drive train. Thanks Jun-10-08
A:   THERE ARE ALOT OF PICTURES ON.
Q:  Do you have the vin numbers from the cowl? Jun-10-08
A:   WHERE ON THE COWEL NOT SURE WHERE THAT IS . I HAVE THE ONE ON DASH BY WINDSHIELD AND WHAT IS LEFT OF THE INNER FENDER APRON TAG,IF THAT IS WHAT YOU MEAN.
Q:  PULSELIST.com - The World's #1 website for tracking the Most Watched eBay Auctions is currently featuring your auction! Congrats and good Luck! Hope the extra traffic helps!  Jun-10-08
A:   COOL
Q:  Greetings from Norway ! Is it possible to obtain a title for this car? thank you for any reply. T.S. Jun-09-08
A:   i have the registration
Q:  Would you be interested in any trades? Thanks. Jun-08-08
A:   1963 sport fury conv.
Q:  Hi When, more or less, are you going to be listing the green barracuda that is parked in front of the yellow satellite? Andy Jun-08-08
A:   soon
Q:  you mentioned you had a lot of cars on a lot. would you have a 68 gto by any chance?  Jun-08-08
A:   only mopars
Q:  hi i can not get the pics.i need to see to bid. thanks Jun-06-08
A:   they should be back tommorrow ,i dont know what is going on with the pictures.it has been happening,on this car,i will try to list engine and trans. pictures
Q:  Hi. You say you hav located the motor and tranny for this car. I assume that means you just know where they are and are not included in this sale. Is that correct? Does the same person have both the motor and tranny? Thanks. Jun-06-08
A:   yes me,they are included with the car
Q:  Can you post a pic of what is left of the fender tag? What is the original color combo? Thank you for your time. Jun-06-08
A:   yes,green on green
Q:  Any history about what happened to this car. I looked up Cicero Dodge and they only sold 1 Daytona. The 294th Daytona shipped out of Creative. Wow the worst one I have seen yet..  Jun-06-08
A:   CRASHED 1971 AT 120 MPH , THEN PUSHED OVER REVINE,AND STRIPPED OVER THE YEARS
Q:  Do you have a build sheet so the fender tag could be replaced? Thanks. Jun-06-08
A:   NO
Q:  Hey i just found your auction and well i read that you said you were going to list more mopars here on ebay, well i was wandering if you might would have a 68 69 or 70 charger body? I recently purchased a 69 and well after buying new quarters and floors i realized that the rear window area was far to gone for repair so im looking for a decent body to put all my new parts on, it doesnt have to have a title or anything, i have all that on my car, please get back with me ASAP if possible and if you dont have one then would you know where a person could find one at a reasonable price?? Thanks alot Johnny Jun-06-08
A:   70 FAIR , WRECKED FRONT
Q:  Your pics are not showing up. Jun-06-08
A:   I KNOW
Q:  Could you email me a few pics of this car?? My computer will not let me access the pics. They only show as a white box with a red X Thanks.. Jun-06-08
A:   THEY SHOULD TOMOROW
Q:  Could you email me the pictures because they won't load on my computer. Jun-06-08
A:   THEY SHOULD TOMOROW
Q:  Hi . Jeff in Toronto . Do you have any R/T charger project cars Thank you jeffgill@sympatico.ca Jun-06-08
A:   NO

69bronzeT5

Q:  lolololololololololol no way is this ascam Jun-10-08 ----Apparently we have a 8 year old kid surfing Ebay :lol:

Q:  Do you have the vin numbers from the cowl? Jun-10-08 -----Obviously a Chevy guy :coocoo:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1971 Charger R/T: B5 Blue 440 Automatic
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1970 GTO: 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: 340 Automatic

69_500

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 17, 2008, 06:08:40 PM
Q:  Do you have the vin numbers from the cowl? Jun-10-08 -----Obviously a Chevy guy :coocoo:

Or just a person who is more familiar with the later Chrysler cars. They had cowl numbers as well.

pettybird

mom printed out the auction.  she feels a lot better about her purchases. 

i thought that was funny.

moparstuart

Q:  Do you have a pics of the body or what's left of it? Sounds like the car would have to be rebodied. i have a perfect 500 with no drive train. Thanks Jun-10-08
       I think paul was looking to make his 500 a daytona      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on June 18, 2008, 08:55:45 AM
       I think paul was looking to make his 500 a daytona      :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Shhhhh!  :rotz:  I was going to make a "mr. angrier" appearance at talledega next year but oh well, now i'll just bring my car in C500 clothing.  :coolgleamA: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 18, 2008, 08:58:44 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 18, 2008, 08:55:45 AM

Shhhhh!  :rotz:  I was going to make a "mr. angrier" appearance at talledega next year but oh well, now i'll just bring my car in C500 clothing.  :coolgleamA: 
  sorry i let your cat out of the bag !  I didnt figure you really paid the $22,500 with the new kid coming !

aussiemuscle

The only car i've ever seen 'PRESERVED' in that condition was the Road Warrior's Ford Falcon after it rolled down the hill and exploded. it's kept in a private museum in outback australia.

L-R: Leyland P76, Snake truck from MM2, Interceptor wreck from MM2.

as i said it's now saved for posterity in a 'private museum' (aka some guys shed).

hotrod98

There's an article about the wrecked Daytona in this months DSAC newsletter.
The guy that bought the car is going to have a hard time doing much with this one without the whole world knowing.  :coolgleamA:

Would be kind of cool to own that Mad Max Falcon. That movie will be always be a classic.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 25, 2008, 09:16:42 AM
There's an article about the wrecked Daytona in this months DSAC newsletter.
The guy that bought the car is going to have a hard time doing much with this one without the whole world knowing.  :coolgleamA:

Would be kind of cool to own that Mad Max Falcon. That movie will be always be a classic.  ;D
yeah even if that daytona was in a movie , that still wouldnt make it worth 22 k

1968Coronet500

Your probably right, my mopar guy had a customer that knew about that car for years... Never did he approach the guy about selling it, and never did he mention it to the parts guy.  Later on it sold for $3,500 a few years ago...  The original motor was found and brought back by another nice mopar customer.  It had been separated from the car years before; that's a 1 in a million chance...

hemibird70

ok wow what a story, how much of the original body can be saved

66chargerkid

Curious at the fate of the car right now...

maxwellwedge

The people I bought Disco from were selling that car - they mentioned it to me after I bought Disco. Ran off a cliff and trampled with bulldozers or something is what they told me.  ::)  Upper State N.Y.
They had the matching motor and trans out of it.

hemibird70

Quote from: hemibird70 on January 10, 2010, 04:15:01 PM
if lets say the firewall could be saved as well as any/ and  " ALL" of the original body ie the frame rails,  to be incorporated into a restoration
would this  still be considered a daytona or would it constitute a rebody

as i see it with all of the clones, and the sheetmetal  replacement  being done around this site such as  , basically entire rear clips, roof skins and the like  this project would be no different
i must state that i am not advocating lying about her origins, but merly stating that this is  a real daytona and should be preserved
any thoughts on this :shruggy: just my :Twocents:
maybe  if she is reborn her new name should reflect something cool=, the phoenix , or  "ressurection"

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemibird70 on January 11, 2010, 08:53:19 AM
Quote from: hemibird70 on January 10, 2010, 04:15:01 PM
if lets say the firewall could be saved as well as any/ and  " ALL" of the original body ie the frame rails,  to be incorporated into a restoration
would this  still be considered a daytona or would it constitute a rebody

as i see it with all of the clones, and the sheetmetal  replacement  being done around this site such as  , basically entire rear clips, roof skins and the like  this project would be no different
i must state that i am not advocating lying about her origins, but merly stating that this is  a real daytona and should be preserved
any thoughts on this :shruggy: just my :Twocents:
maybe  if she is reborn her new name should reflect something cool=, the phoenix , or  "ressurection"

:iagree:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

nascarxx29

Its a tagged car like the burnt toast TX daytona and the Englishtown Superbird.Whatever measures they take to bring them back everyones up to speed as to what they were before.

djcarguy

:shruggy: :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: any new info?? ??is it or part of it being saved??? ???