News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wrecked daytona on ebay

Started by tan top, June 05, 2008, 04:16:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Sounds like it's gonna be back on next week, with "relisted due to deadbeat bidder" on the top line. :icon_smile_blackeye:
Too bad too, the seller probably thought he was gonna pay off his house next week. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

pettybird

I think our #414641 was a heck of a lot better deal at less than half that price, eh?

moparstuart

me too now sell it to me .  everyone here misses you  !
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RAC95054

Quote from: moparstuart on June 12, 2008, 07:44:42 AM
Quote from: skip68 on June 11, 2008, 11:28:50 PM
Why would ANYONE pay OVER 22k for a hunk of crap? :shruggy: Stupid people i guess!?! :scratchchin:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
    re-body

If you read through the questions, someone mentions they have a C500 without drivetrain that this would be great to re-body.  Anyone on here know who that is?   :scratchchin:

Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

Mopurr

If you read through the questions, someone mentions they have a C500 without drivetrain that this would be great to re-body.  Anyone on here know who that is?   

That would be a great waste of a C500, no rebody is great.  Sometimes a car should be let go no matter what it is.

over $22,000 for tags  :slap: is only heading to a rebody and I am one that is against that.

RAC95054

Quote from: Mopurr on June 12, 2008, 05:42:46 PM

That would be a great waste of a C500, no rebody is great.  Sometimes a car should be let go no matter what it is.

over $22,000 for tags  :slap: is only heading to a rebody and I am one that is against that.

I totally agree.  Just pointing out someone's possible (misguided) intention for this poor, once proud, mangled hullk.  Everyone be on the lookout!  :popcrn:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on June 12, 2008, 04:56:59 PM
me too now sell it to me .  everyone here misses you  !

tell everyone Hi--it sucks we're not there--timing just wasn't meant to be...

troy.70R/T

A rew pints of Foster's is probably why it is in the shape its in.   ??? ya think

4speed

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 05, 2008, 08:30:40 AM
Might not be the case here, but there are still people out there that think that they can get away with re-bodying a car. They just have no clue as to how many people already know the status of this car. I would love to see the look on a guys face when he's busted over a re-body. That would be priceless.
The only way that I could ever re-body something like this is if it were legal. Even then, I would have a duplicate data plate made with the word "re-body" in big letters.
i don't understand why everybody is so against of a rebody,if you take a car an replace every panel, pan,rail,etc its the same thing,there are alot of cars that has had that done and really you are restoring a serial number. and for this daytona and many others out there they are a piece of history that needs to be brought back. :Twocents:

moparstuart

Quote from: 4speed on June 13, 2008, 08:13:50 AM
Might not be the case here, but there are still people out there that think that they can get away with re-bodying a car. They just have no clue as to how many people already know the status of this car. I would love to see the look on a guys face when he's busted over a re-body. That would be priceless.
The only way that I could ever re-body something like this is if it were legal. Even then, I would have a duplicate data plate made with the word "re-body" in big letters.
i don't understand why everybody is so against of a rebody,if you take a car an replace every panel, pan,rail,etc its the same thing,there are alot of cars that has had that done and really you are restoring a serial number. and for this daytona and many others out there they are a piece of history that needs to be brought back. :Twocents:
not in this cars case let it go
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

Quote from: 4speed on June 13, 2008, 08:13:50 AM
Simple, it is illegal in all 50 states. It is legal to change panels but it is harder, costs more, takes longer, and requires more skill so many people who are only in it to make a profit opt for the easy (illegal) way. Any opinion as to what makes more sense or the semantics of what changed only really matters in front of a judge and my guess is that those arguments won't hold up.

If you rebody the car how exactly does that qualify as "brought back"? Should it be worth as much as every other Daytona when it's finished? Would you buy it knowing that it's a rebody? Sellers usually favor the rebody approach but the same guys would never buy one. It's a bit of a double standard.

This car appears to be crushed so would you also "clean" the salvage title (if it has one at all)? If so, why? To hide its history from future buyers? Isn't that how those guys making Eleanor clones got in trouble? You cannot legally register a salvaged car without a full inspection in which they'll ask for documentation for all of the parts used to rebuild it (at least in Ohio but I can check other state laws). I'd love to see the inspector's face when someone explains that they just swapped the tags over to a different body.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PocketThunder

And then what happens to the donor cars tag?  That poor Charger gave his life for another.  Its like pulling organs out of a living person and letting them die in order to save a dieing person.  Or in this case its taking the heart of Ted, a dieing person, and putting it in a living person Bill, and then calling Bill Ted. :eek2:

Paul
in Minnetonka

In no relation to this thread, I just got my address changed on my DL after i just moved and i checked "organ donor".
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 12, 2008, 12:30:43 PM

One of the most recent purchases from the high bidder was a $5.99 Pokemon card & a set of T3 headlights for a Chevelle  :scratchchin:

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Redbird

There is no reason that this car has to be restored to preserve "history". If the body tags from this car or the Texas car that was burned up were transfered to another body I'd view it as a fraud. By transferring the tags I don't see any way any owner could represent it as anything but a fake. I believe the original core of the car has to be there. I hope both of those cars get displayed as they have been found. If the tags are transfered to another car, my hope is that they meet the same fate as the Shelby 350 did in the Sports Car Market legal files this month.

There are some cars from the '70's or '80's, the Hemi Superbird that was transfered to a convertible comes to mind, that bring up questions. They may be legit and I hope the owners have pictures.  I wouldn't want to be the owner of a car with the possibility of it being re-tagged again by a state because it is afoul of a state law. I really wouldn't want to be a party in a lawsuit because a car was mis-represented as to what it was.

konigcharger

IMHO <------------------------------------

this car is a legitimate part of history. its is one of 500ish original daytonas, and they will never make anymore 1969 daytonas period, that makes it rare+desireable. the idea that someone paid 22k for this car does not surprise me it is what the hobby has become, about the numbers. the idea that this car will most likely be rebodied however sickens me, this car could be saved by conventional means. (look at WWII aircraft they build new ones pretty much from scratch with a few original parts.) especially the idea of destroying a C500. C500's are imo one of the coolest cars mopar ever built. i understand that that rebuilding a car that bad off is not very cost effective, but in this case it should be done right or not at all, remember someone died in that car...  :-\

:Twocents:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

billssuperbird

Ghoste

The whole thing just sickens me.

74LURKER

someone in a while is gonna get stuck hard.

69_500

Quote from: Mopurr on June 12, 2008, 05:42:46 PM
If you read through the questions, someone mentions they have a C500 without drivetrain that this would be great to re-body.  Anyone on here know who that is?   

I went back and read through all of the questions on the page, and was wondering is there a way to see who posted what questions? Or do you have to be the one selling a product to see who asked what?

Mike DC

Just keep track of the VIN and some pics of the wreck for the wing-car databases.

The re-body-ers can swap the tags, but they can't erase the hobby's knowledge of what really happened to that VIN.  Any future buyers actually doing their research will be spared the con-job.  That's all we can do. 

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 13, 2008, 10:08:01 PM

Just keep track of the VIN and some pics of the wreck for the wing-car databases.

I registered it with my '69 Charger registry. I'm sure Chris will register (or flag it) in his '69 Charger registry and I'm sure the wing car registry guys will do the same.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Except that the typical beer fueled and testosterone enraged buyer at B-J doesn't give a rats ass about registries.  He just knows that if he buys the car on tv, the whole world is going to know he has a monstrously huge penis.  No harm there except that it encourages somebody else to build a fake car.

HKCharger

what is wrong with a huge penis?

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

WingCharger

:o

Cant wait to see it restored! :popcrn: