News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My first Charger project ***Video***

Started by Belgium R/T -68, July 17, 2008, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Its getting there, looking good :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Silver R/T

looking good, good job on the Charger!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Belgium R/T -68

Just got confirmation that my Charger goes into the paintbox next week saturday.  :icon_smile_big:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

firefighter3931

Nice progress Per !  :2thumbs:

That Charger needs a nice 500 inch stroker  :coolgleamA:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Belgium R/T -68

Picked up the parts that were Powdercoated, time to start to think about the rear end. :scratchchin: The best news of all though
is that we found a new house with both space for the cars and horses. :icon_smile_big:

firefighter3931

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on December 13, 2008, 06:42:00 AM
Picked up the parts that were Powdercoated, time to start to think about the rear end. :scratchchin: The best news of all though
is that we found a new house with both space for the cars and horses. :icon_smile_big:

Nice....fresh powdercoated parts allways look incredible.  :coolgleamA:

Good news on the new house.  :2thumbs: Moving sucks....hopefully you can get a long term lease on the new home.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

six-tee-nine

Per,

The news about the house is great... Do i need to drive longer now to get to ya?  :2thumbs:
If you need someone to move the GTX i'll be glad to sacrifice myself  :D

On the powdercoating : looks great, I'll be bringing my stuff to the coater soon myself, so could you shoot me a mail with the price of what that stuff costs to get done?
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Belgium R/T -68

Just took it over to the paintshop :icon_smile_big: Sunday afternoon it will stand in my garage at home.  :2thumbs:
In my garage we will spray the underside since the paintbox isn't high enough to lift the car. After that the funny assembly can start.
Anybody feel for a vacation in Europe including helping me with the vinylroof and headliner I can sponser you.  ;)

69*F5*SE

Belgium R/T -68

Closer to get my christmas present. :icon_smile_big:

Belgium R/T -68

Home in the garage, paint still need some time to dry. Later this week we will do the underside and then I can start with the chassie and
suspensionparts.

chargerscott

did you spraybomb the primer on? how did you take care of the bare metal? you are doing a kickass job. keep it up.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: chargerscott on December 21, 2008, 11:19:46 AM
did you spraybomb the primer on? how did you take care of the bare metal? you are doing a kickass job. keep it up.

The primer was sprayed in 3 layers with sanding in between. Thanks for the nice coment. :icon_smile_big:

chargerscott

may i ask how you did it?
did your spray, sand with what grit?
spray layer 2, sand with what grit?
spray layer 3, sand with what grit?

thank you for your time?

Belgium R/T -68

I went from 180 to 320 to 400 if that's what you mean. Just continue until you are satisfied, takes a couple of hundred hours. :icon_smile_big:

When my car has sat for 6 months it will be sanded again and the polished for the final shine. :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

Arizona Dave

Your Charger looks great.   :2thumbs:
Your energy and drive to complete the job are big motivation for me get the new full quarters on my 69 R/T.  I started drilling out the old spot welds, though I haven't worked on it in a few days.

Your getting an awesome Christmas present there.  Woo-hoo!
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

six-tee-nine

Per,

Lookin' alot better with paint on it does'nt it...

Now the most fun part of a restoration comes up the : built up, see it become a complete car again day after day.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

tan top

looks nice  :yesnod: ....................... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

firefighter3931

Hemidog

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Hemidog on December 22, 2008, 12:45:01 PM
Man, you must be siked!

I hope when this project is done that I have learned all your yankee expressions. :rofl:

Belgium R/T -68

Today I pressed the bushings and pivotshafts, I wonder which upper controlarm is to which side :scratchchin: I wrote left and right
on them but before the powdercoating ofcourse.  :brickwall:

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

The70RT

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on December 23, 2008, 02:24:17 PM
Today I pressed the bushings and pivotshafts, I wonder which upper controlarm is to which side :scratchchin: I wrote left and right
on them but before the powdercoating ofcourse.  :brickwall:

The left one in the pic is for the left. The flat part on the arm meets the rubber bumper.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us