News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VegasCharger

This light blue '66 sitting in the desert of someone's single wide property in Sandy Valley, NV
50 miles south of Vegas.

greenpigs

Call the Count(counting cars) and see if you can get a finders fee.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

I like that photo, I think I might even print a copy off to put on the wall in the garage.

Homerr

I just looked at Sandy Valley, NV on Google for the heck of it.  It seems there are tow types of homes there: single-wide and double-wide.

mauve66

it is out in the middle of no-where, whatcha doing out there VegasCharger???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

VegasCharger

Homerr
I just looked at Sandy Valley, NV on Google for the heck of it.  It seems there are tow types of homes there: single-wide and double-wide..............That would be correct mostly modular homes out there.

mauve66
it is out in the middle of no-where, whatcha doing out there VegasCharger???.............AAA Roadside RV tire change, my work that I do.

Bryan

Ghoste

Saw a GL go through town yesterday and disappeared in traffic before I could snap a photo.  I've seen the car a few times now but still no idea who owns it.

TheAutoArchaeologist

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: ChargerD100 on June 10, 2013, 04:58:46 PM
Saw a 69 charger 500, a 68, 67, 70 and a 73 this weekend

Did i hear you say charger 500 ?  :drool5:

On the road or in the woods ?

Pics ?

375instroke

greenpigs

Green 69 Charger with no motor and headers hanging low, had slots also. It was not far from my parents house in Centerville Ohio sitting out by a garage, most likely to pull the engine. Car looked solid but I didn't stop, not my style. If I see a Charger out driving around I will say something to the person but I don't go on peoples property to BS.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Brads70

I found this old soldier last summer does it count?  I try to help out the owner best I can but he still doesn't have it on the road yet.

Bob T

Pakuranga Highway, rush hour a few weeks ago, Nice Gen I  :2thumbs:
They are rare out here, I only know of 3 anywhere!
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

JB400

I've seen one similar with the 6 pack setup, except the car was silver.

F8-4life

TruckDriver

Saw a '68 R/T yellow with black top and stripes near Big Bend, Wi. and a red with black top either a plain '68 Charger or a stripe delete car on hwy 45 going south yesterday near Milwaukee.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

grdprx

I'm wild!  Wife got a shot of me and my daughter after coming to save us today, broke down on the side of the road...   :brickwall:
Easily resolved with the right tool.

Fred

Always a relief when the problem is easily solved.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

adauto

Quote from: VegasCharger on July 22, 2013, 01:54:01 AM
This light blue '66 sitting in the desert of someone's single wide property in Sandy Valley, NV
50 miles south of Vegas.

I"ve seen that thing in Sandy Valley last year..  then we went to the saloon in Good Springs!
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

MaximRecoil

I can count the total number of times I've seen a '68-'70 Charger (the only years I've ever been on the lookout for) "in the wild", in my entire life, on one hand.

I've been on the lookout for them ever since I was 4 or 5 years old (1979/1980), because of The Dukes of Hazzard. In 1980 or so we saw one in front of us on the interstate; my brother and I were quite excited about that. He said, "Look, it has that thing," (referring to the tunneled rear window; we didn't know what to call it). I suppose it could have been a Chevelle or GTO or something, given that the tunneled rear window was the only thing we were going by.

By the time I was 6 or 7 years old (1981/1982), I had General Lee toy cars and models, so I knew exactly what they looked like, and they were my favorite thing to draw as well. In fact, I recently came across this picture in the attic that I drew when I was 6 or 7:

I went to see one at the junkyard that was painted like the General Lee and had been used as a dirt track car, but I never saw one "in the wild" again until the early 1990s, when I saw a dark blue one with a well-used, but solid, appearance, parked at the local autoparts store.

In the late 1990s I saw a '69 in the oncoming lane as I was driving into Pittsfield, Maine. It appeared to be T3 Light Bronze, one of my favorite Mopar colors, with a black vinyl top and R/T stripe. It was such an awesome sight seeing that thing coming toward me; low, wide, and mean looking; with that low gaping maw of a grille and high bulging rear quarters; looking like a crouching steel predator ready to pounce. I saw a string of other restored classic cars right behind it, so I assume a car show or something similar had just let out.

That's the last one I ever saw "in the wild".  

adauto

Quote from: Homerr on July 22, 2013, 08:49:54 AM
I just looked at Sandy Valley, NV on Google for the heck of it.  It seems there are tow types of homes there: single-wide and double-wide.

thats about it...
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: MaximRecoil on August 28, 2013, 04:32:37 PM
I can count the total number of times I've seen a '68-'70 Charger (the only years I've ever been on the lookout for) "in the wild", in my entire life, on one hand.

I've been on the lookout for them ever since I was 4 or 5 years old (1979/1980), because of The Dukes of Hazzard. In 1980 or so we saw one in front of us on the interstate; my brother and I were quite excited about that. He said, "Look, it has that thing," (referring to the tunneled rear window; we didn't know what to call it). I suppose it could have been a Chevelle or GTO or something, given that the tunneled rear window was the only thing we were going by.

By the time I was 6 or 7 years old (1981/1982), I had General Lee toy cars and models, so I knew exactly what they looked like, and they were my favorite thing to draw as well. In fact, I recently came across this picture in the attic that I drew when I was 6 or 7:

I went to see one at the junkyard that was painted like the General Lee and had been used as a dirt track car, but I never saw one "in the wild" again until the early 1990s, when I saw a dark blue one with a well-used, but solid, appearance, parked at the local autoparts store.

In the late 1990s I saw a '69 in the oncoming lane as I was driving into Pittsfield, Maine. It appeared to be T3 Light Bronze, one of my favorite Mopar colors, with a black vinyl top and R/T stripe. It was such an awesome sight seeing that thing coming toward me; low, wide, and mean looking; with that low gaping maw of a grille and high bulging rear quarters; looking like a crouching steel predator ready to pounce. I saw a string of other restored classic cars right behind it, so I assume a car show or something similar had just let out.

That's the last one I ever saw "in the wild".  

HAHAHA I swear i drew nearly that exact same picture in like 4th grade  :rofl: infact when i saw your picture i thought you stole it from me... yeah im not very intelligent  :rotz:

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on August 31, 2013, 08:27:48 PM

HAHAHA I swear i drew nearly that exact same picture in like 4th grade  :rofl: infact when i saw your picture i thought you stole it from me... yeah im not very intelligent  :rotz:

That's funny. Probably most kids that grew up watching The Dukes of Hazzard drew the General Lee at one time or another.

I found this Charger drawing in the attic too, which I drew in 8th or 9th grade: