News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

When is the last time you saw a 66-74 Charger "in the wild?"

Started by bull, April 12, 2006, 01:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcar

It's pretty obvious by the way the car cover is sitting on the car that it's a '69 RT with a 440 4bbl., Automatic, Black Interior, Bucket Seats, AND has an 8-Track radio...........  :D

*Pass the Nuts Please..............
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Chris 69

Quote from: Chris 69 on November 26, 2018, 12:39:34 AM
68 or 69 Charger in Livermore, California on 11/24/18.

I was back in Livermore this past weekend visiting my brother, and the cover had shifted slightly on the front of the car, making part of the bumper and the side marker visible. It's a '69. Maybe the cover will be shifted more the next time! I'm going with wingcar's guess from the previous post.

nvrbdn

Why does the cover lift over the hood? Is there something coming up through the hood? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

6pkrtse

I rescued a 70' Road Runner sitting out in a field that most would consider scrap or a parts car but it was free so I drug it home & plan on restoring with my Son's to teach them more about welding, body, paint, engine transmissions, etc.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Chris 69

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 16, 2019, 01:19:54 PM
Why does the cover lift over the hood? Is there something coming up through the hood? :shruggy:

Not that I noticed. Thinking just the inclimate weather is moving the car cover around.

smithenhiven

Not sure of this is "in the wild", or in captivity, but I spotted this Daytona today.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 6pkrtse on January 16, 2019, 02:43:59 PM
I rescued a 70' Road Runner sitting out in a field that most would consider scrap or a parts car but it was free so I drug it home & plan on restoring with my Son's to teach them more about welding, body, paint, engine transmissions, etc.

No Pic's ??

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: smithenhiven on February 06, 2019, 05:31:10 PM
Not sure of this is "in the wild", or in captivity, but I spotted this Daytona today.

Cool!  Where is that located?
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

odcics2

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on February 07, 2019, 06:12:58 PM
Quote from: smithenhiven on February 06, 2019, 05:31:10 PM

Cool!  Where is that located?

See the reflections in the glass??   :coolgleamA:     "Angeles Apartments" & "Golden Towers"

https://www.apartmenthomeliving.com/apartment-finder/Golden-Towers-Beaver-Falls-PA-15010-1972793

:cheers:

Across the street is "Muscle Car Pit Stop".   You can Google it and see other Mopars in the showroom!   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

VegasCharger

Quote from: odcics2 on February 07, 2019, 08:39:35 PM
See the reflections in the glass??   :coolgleamA:     "Angeles Apartments" & "Golden Towers"

https://www.apartmenthomeliving.com/apartment-finder/Golden-Towers-Beaver-Falls-PA-15010-1972793

Across the street is "Muscle Car Pit Stop".   You can Google it and see other Mopars in the showroom!  

I tried doing the same thing but with no success. Good job Greg!!

Here's a few pics.  :2thumbs:

This place is right off the beaten path to Carlisle!! PA Turnpike exit #13 about 4.5 miles south on 18. I practically drove by this place last summer and not knowing about it 'til now lol. I'm pretty sure they would be closed on Sunday during my trip back home so I would have to catch it on my way to Carlisle. And I'm pretty sure that these guys would attend the Carlisle show. Small world indeed.

smithenhiven

Yep, thats the place.  That day he had the Daytona, a 70 Road Runner, a 70 Coronet, and a Cuda in the showroom. 

I wanted to go in and have a look around, but the door was locked (even though his sign said open).  Maybe next time.

I dont think anything is for sale though, I think this place is just this guys personal mopar playground.

Dano 1

This is semi-related to the original thread but the pics of the Charger under a cover got my attention. After I found my Charger I went back and took screenshots of the google/bing streetview and you can actually see the car hiding under a tarp. How many of us would have driven right by this place without a second thought?

1969 Charger 383 2bbl, R4 red, White hat special project

Check out my website for 3D printed restoration parts and accessories.
www.nextgendesignsnc.com

John Milner

Here is one that is "in the wild."  Factory 383 4 speed car.  Engine and transmission are out of the car but are still there.  I believe the original color is F6 green. 

73chgrSE

Kern Dog

Chris 69

3rd Gen Charger in Livermore, CA 1/5/20 (photos from my brother)

Chris 69

1966 or 67 Charger in Hoopa, California. 7/10/20

Wasco

I saw this cruising through Cheney, Washington several weeks ago

70 sublime

Yesterday I saw something coming up the road by our farm
It looked interesting so I stopped and waited for it to go past
I should have taken my phone out to get a picture but did not think of it till too late
Saw a 73 74 Charger
Grey with the black ralley stripe on the side
Very nice car by the looks of it
What made it interesting was that there was a green canoe tied to the roof  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

duckmanreno

Today about 3 pm here in Reno I
Saw a nice red 68 or 69 Charger heading north on high way 395. Nice looking car from what I could see heading the other direction.
22 Ford F-150 5.0 super cab FX4 hunting rig and tow vehicle
92 Toyota Tercel.  Commute Car
69 Charger 383 4 speed project car.
73 Boston Whaler Montauk

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work!

Dans 68

Passed a trailered 1st gen heading west on I-40 in Oklahoma a few days ago. Looked like a recent rescue.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Bens340

https://ibb.co/hDb6gVt
https://ibb.co/ZNDRnxy
recently found these two close by me. the 71 is up the street from where i work, the 69 is the next town over. planning on leaving a note for that one..
73' charger 340 rallye

Kern Dog

Quote from: Dans 68 on August 10, 2020, 09:05:19 AM
Passed a trailered 1st gen heading west on I-40 in Oklahoma a few days ago. Looked like a recent rescue.

Dan
A California guy I know of just bought a 66 Hemi car from Pennsylvania.