News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I BOUGHT a C500 it's the find of my life time, barn find

Started by moparstuart, October 18, 2008, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Great thanks to my buddy lonnie (moparhound) found a C-500 on craigs list 
Had a 426 max wedge in it but not anymore  . I got it less motor and trans . No fender tag , no build sheet .
Lived in california most of it's life. Really beat up racing but not really rusty like all my other midwest cars. Some rust but floor pans and frame rails very solid .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A383Wing

moparstuart

hold your horses

no seats but chrome shifter knob and chrom dress up pedals

no fender tag but it must be a R4 red car, then it was painted dark  blue , now primer over the top of it .  Fenders , doors and hood are not original

Ghoste

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

:popcrn: both quarters are beat up but not rusted all away the right rear lower quarter has some rust holes

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5:  68 left fender and 68 power doors

moparstuart

:popcrn: was raced most of it's early life 40k miles then been sitting for 25 years    bottom lip of the plug has some rust like most charger rear windows but very fixable

moparstuart

:popcrn: the third picture is the back glass for the 500 under an ebody cuda. I think he took cars apart and hid all the parts in and under and around different cars so no one could steal and get a complete car.  He was very eccentric !!!

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Ghoste

moparstuart

no it was in california this guy bought it 25 years ago then moved to missouri and brought it here about 7 years ago . Just word of mouth from the seller , so hope his info is correct .
He claimes it got stolen and stripped of it's sheet metal that why he was able to buy it . 

moparstuart

:drool5:  I took the previous pictures last sunday , today we went up and got the car . More pictures and crazy stories of our adventure tomorrow

I do have the car and title in my possesion .

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :pigsfly: :pigsfly: :pigsfly: :pigsfly: :pigsfly: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:

A383Wing

moparstuart

Quote from: A383Wing on October 19, 2008, 12:17:44 AM
I thought I saw a fender tag in one of those pics?
that fender tag is blank , not for this car .   the truck stop (TRUCK) sign is for todd

A383Wing

OK...good score....  :2thumbs: ..........shutting up now & going to bed

Bryan 

dads_69

Holy crap! You lucky S.O.B. I'm sorry, your not an SOB, just lucky. Damn, thats freaking awesome! I sat in a '69 RoadRunner two nights ago, man, I miss owning a B body, let along a possible clone Daytona.
Congrats Stu'..................... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

moparstuart

Quote from: dads_69 on October 19, 2008, 12:31:47 AM
Holy crap! You lucky S.O.B. I'm sorry, your not an SOB, just lucky. Damn, thats freaking awesome! I sat in a '69 RoadRunner two nights ago, man, I miss owning a B body, let along a possible clone Daytona.
Congrats Stu'..................... :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Mark
    thanks buddy I feel i always get the bottom of the barrel cars and have to bring them back to life . Even this one has no documentation and no original drive train . But i am so happy and feel this is the score of my life , They are still out there but harder and harder to find , I have been looking for this score for 24 years !!!!

no my cuda ken 69 will be the daytona clone

I wanna figure this car out best i can and put it back stockish ,  but recall wheels are a must I LOVE 500's with recall wheels

Chris G.

Magnumcharger

Wow!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!! :cheers:
I'm living my life through your experiences! :notworthy:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69_500

Congrats on the find (anyone hear an echo). JK.

Car looks a better than I was thinking the other day. I think I told you this the other day, but finding one without all of the paperwork and tag is my ideal C500. That means I could put it back together any which way i wanted to, and no one can chime in with any other input.

Once again Congrats Stu, if ya need any help let me know.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on October 19, 2008, 07:05:41 AM
Congrats on the find (anyone hear an echo). JK.

Car looks a better than I was thinking the other day. I think I told you this the other day, but finding one without all of the paperwork and tag is my ideal C500. That means I could put it back together any which way i wanted to, and no one can chime in with any other input.

Once again Congrats Stu, if ya need any help let me know.
thanks everyone and yes i'm sure i will need tons of help danny , so danny is this a new # for your list or did you already have info on it ???????