News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 426 Hemi Motor What's it worth Question

Started by 1968Coronet500, November 13, 2008, 03:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1968Coronet500

A mopar friend of mine said he would like to sell his 1968 426 Hemi Motor.  It's complete less the carbs and has an aftermarket intake on it. 

He bought it from an old racer who had the receipt from it back in the mid '70's showing he paid $2,700 for it. The guy said it was a warranty motor. Apparently he had half a dozen Hemi motors in his basement and was an expert on them.  :icon_smile_blackeye:There were a few runs on it, but it is in great shape internally.

Any thoughts on what it's worth?

Thanks

Mike DC

idahogrumpy

I'll give ya $200.00  :smilielol: Let the bidding begin!  :nana:  :cheers: Kyle
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

1968Coronet500

I wish the Grille Moldings for my Charger were that cheap.

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1968Coronet500

That's what I've been hearing from the members that PM'd, some a  bit higher.  Personally I have no clue, I have a V-code.  He was going to put it into a Hemi Clone car and I told him that would be a shame.

He works 70 hours a week, has 2 younger kids, and he will never have the car to a track with anytime to spare.

Ghoste

But someday the kids will grow up and everyone should get their Hemi dream at some time in their life. :shruggy: :Twocents:

1968Coronet500

Your right about that, once they grow up, it would be nice to have one in a Mopar.  I think he is stuck between putting in his 440 verses putting in his Hemi.

SFRT

if he ebayed it with lots and lots of clear pics etc I am sure it would go higher than 15k. 'original' hemis are super hot.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1968Coronet500

Thanks for the tip, he has the motor apart so taking pictures showing the condition of the valve train wouldn't be a problem. :icon_smile_cool:

jaak

Just as a guide, I guess I saw a '69 426 Hemi online a few months ago, disassemble but complete and the guy was asking 6 grand for it. If it was assembled and a running engine, I would guess 8-9 grand.

Jason