News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I want to see your 71-72 chargers!!

Started by KillerBee1972, December 02, 2008, 07:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KWS

Quote from: Foreman72 on December 13, 2008, 10:07:10 AM
hey KWS...is it hard to shift that thing man  :lol: it looks like it could be potentially difficult at times...hey great music btw man...everytime i play @ a campfire i bring out blue on black  :yesnod: but that isn;t what this thread is about...sweet ride 2 man...i love the rear esp...sinister... :2thumbs:

Shifting is a breeze. The Viper tranny's shifter location is farther forward than the stock tranny's location. We had to make a custom shifter to bring it back far enough to put it right in my hand, which ended up being a long way back. None of the old school pistol grips were the right shape to accomplish the task. Before we made the shifter I had to hug the steering wheel and pull myself all the way up to the dash to shift. Now it drops right into the palm of my hand. Oh, and we added a short throw shifter for less travel.

magnum

Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

quapman

More blue and white.......in reverse!

MoparFrank

Hello mopar fans, just found this site the other day all I can say is very cool.
I thought I was the only one who loves the 71-72 Charger!
Well, this is my first post and here is my 72 SE. I've owned this ride since new, its my first car. The engine is a 318 4bbl, with dual exhaust and a built 904 tranny. It's not a neck snapper but a very nice cruiser.

When I want to go fast I take my 68 GTO for spin.

All of the above 71-72's are beautiful awesome rides, nice job guys.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

histoy

You have a great looking car!  You might want to check out the '71-'74 Charger site.   Lots of 3rd generation cars over there.

KillerBee1972

Quote from: MoparFrank on December 20, 2008, 09:18:18 AM
Hello mopar fans, just found this site the other day all I can say is very cool.
Well, this is my first post and here is my 72 SE. I've owned this ride since new, its my first car. The engine is a 318 4bbl, with dual exhaust and a built 904 tranny. It's not a neck snapper but a very nice cruiser.

All of the above 71-72's are beautiful awesome rides, nice job guys.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Very sweet looking car man, nice to see another 72 se!!
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

MoparFrank

History, Thank You for the kind words, your 68 looks sweet too! The 68 is another one of my favorite years.

Killerbee, Thanks for the compliment, Good luck with your project 72', I'm sure its gonna be a sweet ride!

KillerBee1972

Quote from: MoparFrank on December 21, 2008, 10:00:16 AM
History, Thank You for the kind words, your 68 looks sweet too! The 68 is another one of my favorite years.

Killerbee, Thanks for the compliment, Good luck with your project 72', I'm sure its gonna be a sweet ride!

Just out of curiosity what size tires do you have on the rear and fronts??

BROCK

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on December 21, 2008, 03:33:09 PM
Quote from: MoparFrank on December 21, 2008, 10:00:16 AM

Just out of curiosity what size tires do you have on the rear and fronts??

Plus wheel width & backspacing please :popcrn:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

tommyboy

heres my 71 se
)tommy(:):)

TruckDriver

Nice SE Frank :2thumbs: If you haven't already, check out my '71-'74 Charger forum. It seems like 1 out of every 10 of my members own '72 SE Charger's (there's a lot anyway). I sold my '72 SE, but the current owner is on my site showing the restoration too.

Pete
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

KillerBee1972

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on December 22, 2008, 08:46:27 AM

Nice SE Frank :2thumbs: If you haven't already, check out my '71-'74 Charger forum. It seems like 1 out of every 10 of my members own '72 SE Charger's (there's a lot anyway). I sold my '72 SE, but the current owner is on my site showing the restoration too.

Pete

Yes im a member, great site!!

KillerBee1972

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on December 22, 2008, 03:29:16 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on December 22, 2008, 08:46:27 AM

Pete

Yes im a member, great site!!

Keep them coming im loving all of these cars!!!!!

72chargerSE

My 72 SE

KillerBee1972

4aThrill

71 Charger 500  B7 #'s matching almost ready for paint

72chargerSE

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on December 26, 2008, 08:43:27 PM
Quote from: 72chargerSE on December 26, 2008, 03:06:47 PM
My 72 SE

WOW :o :2thumbs: what a car, so shiny!!! what do you got in that car!!??

400magnum , 4-speed, 3:23 sure grip. Original factory air, 4-speed SE.

Mike

Scaregrabber

This is my matching #'s Hemi R/T I sold a couple of years ago. This is the one Mopar I really miss and wish I had back.

Sheldon

Scaregrabber

Engine shot.

Sheldon

General_01

That is a nice car Scaregrabber. I would miss that car too. :'(
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Nacho-RT74

wow!!! looks pretty much similar to last426 Charger in Cali!!!

floor or column shifter ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Scaregrabber

It was a console auto. Last 426 and I conversed quite a bit back then. He spoke to me before he bought his, I strongly recommended he buy it, for the price I'm sure he is glad he listened to me. Mine was totally numbers matching and never rusty. It even had the original mufflers! I remember seeing my car when it was only 1 year old, 25 years later I owned it! With prices coming down, you never know maybe I'll get a chance again. This car was the best running Hemi I've ever owned (I've owned 5 since 1980), it had 3.23 gears and still pulled 13.0's in the quarter.

Sheldon

TruckDriver

Quote from: Scaregrabber on January 01, 2009, 07:17:28 PM
It was a console auto. Last 426 and I conversed quite a bit back then. He spoke to me before he bought his, I strongly recommended he buy it, for the price I'm sure he is glad he listened to me. Mine was totally numbers matching and never rusty. It even had the original mufflers! I remember seeing my car when it was only 1 year old, 25 years later I owned it! With prices coming down, you never know maybe I'll get a chance again. This car was the best running Hemi I've ever owned (I've owned 5 since 1980), it had 3.23 gears and still pulled 13.0's in the quarter.

Sheldon

Was this car in Mopar Muscle magazine a few years ago? Looks like it.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

4aThrill

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on January 01, 2009, 10:01:52 PM
Quote from: Scaregrabber on January 01, 2009, 07:17:28 PM

Sheldon

Was this car in Mopar Muscle magazine a few years ago? Looks like it.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

If so I still have that magazine  :D

viper r/t