News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wayne Perkins 69 500 restoration begins

Started by moparstuart, December 15, 2008, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

:popcrn: he's trying to keep as much of the original sheet metal as possible .

Waynes car is not an AC car but has that red center dash piece with vents , he is looking for a red non a/c pad if anyone has one ???  help ?

WINGR

Hi Stuart, how come Wayne's not going with the full factory style quarter panels? I always thought that when replacing quarters that was the best way to go.

That is going to be a great ride when done, good luck Wayne. :2thumbs:

As far as the Dana, does it show A32 on the fender tag or build sheet?

WINGR

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGR on December 16, 2008, 09:57:13 AM

Hi Stuart, how come Wayne's not going with the full factory style quarter panels? I always thought that when replacing quarters that was the best way to go.

That is going to be a great ride when done, good luck Wayne. :2thumbs:

As far as the Dana, does it show A32 on the fender tag or build sheet?

WINGR
I will ask wayne about the dana , he wants to keep as much of the original sheet metal as possible .

FJMG

One possible way to check is that the brake hose between the body and diff is diff't. (unless this was changed too) p# 2200997 (11.75") for banjo and p# 2208496 (12.50") for dana

BigBlockSam

QuoteHi Stuart, how come Wayne's not going with the full factory style quarter panels? I always thought that when replacing quarters that was the best way to go.

if all your top metal is good why go with full quarters ? may be if money is not an issue . you have to cut into the roof and rear window area . i like to keep as much original metal as possible and  affect the structure of the car as least  as possible. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

:scope: ...........  & i thought it was a tight fit working in the trunk of mine , i keep forgeting a C500 opening is smaller  :o yikes ..... good pictures ............. :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on December 16, 2008, 11:13:49 AM
QuoteHi Stuart, how come Wayne's not going with the full factory style quarter panels? I always thought that when replacing quarters that was the best way to go.

if all your top metal is good why go with full quarters ? may be if money is not an issue . you have to cut into the roof and rear window area . i like to keep as much original metal as possible and  affect the structure of the car as least  as possible. Rene
He is retired from the post office  :smilielol:  :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns:  ( going postal )   so yes money could be an issue also. He is currently restoring a super bird already , and has several other projects waiting ,several more aero cars and others.
    http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,49791.msg543048.html#msg543048     see picture of them in my charger 500 thread

moparstuart

I asked wayne on the dana 
,      Is your car an  A32 option on the fender tag for a dana , or did you or previous owner put the dana in it?

wayne said
Yes A32   , 410 Dana car

charger500440

Excellent. Another 500 being brought back to life. Great to see, good luck to all involved...

Mike
1969 SE  383 Automatic
1969 500 440 Automatic

WINGR

Sweeeeet, it's a 4:10 Dana car. He sure knows how to pick his cars don't he?

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGR on December 16, 2008, 01:13:09 PM

Sweeeeet, it's a 4:10 Dana car. He sure knows how to pick his cars don't he?
i'm sure he would have preferred a hemi or 4 speed  but the color combo is great  :Twocents:

hemi68charger

Good for Wayne.......
He'll have a very nice set of areos, with and without wings.......   :icon_smile_big:
Thanks for the updates and pics........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Jerry C500

Go Wayne Go.  Will it be finished for Talladega ? Jerry

69_500

I wish Wayne would bring it to Talladega. I have asked him about his 500 for the longest time now, but have yet to get to see it. I think he see's how much I pester you with your 500 Jerry, and he is afraid that I"ll be crawling all over his too.

Jerry C500

Your not a pest Danny. That's just the way you are. It's a hard job to figure these cars out after 39 years when there was so little known about them at the time.

69_500

Nah just nosey right? I mean who else asks you to take out the tail light panel at a show so that I can look for a grease pencil marking right? That or taking pictures of the date codes on your rims. I just like the small details. Drives my wife nuts when she looks at the pictures I take at shows.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Jerry C500 on December 16, 2008, 07:24:10 PM

Well, lookie there Danny who showed up.........  Hiya Jerry !!!! :nana:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: Jerry C500 on December 16, 2008, 07:24:10 PM
it would be cool if wayne got it done in time , but I dont know ?

The 99 car looks so good on the track too !  :shruggy: 

REAL Y2 Hemi Daytona

69_500

I will admit that seeing Wayne's Daytona on the track would look better than seeing a 500 on the track.

although seeing 25 500's on the track at the same time, now that would look good.

moparchris

This dial up internet is killing me with these restoration threads :brickwall:
By the time I get the images loaded the dang car will be painted!!
I have a complete set of red non a/c 1968 dash pads.  There is a difference between the shades of red between 68 and 69 but let Wayne know and he can contact me if he's interested.

moparstuart

Quote from: moparchris on December 17, 2008, 05:36:52 PM
This dial up internet is killing me with these restoration threads :brickwall:
By the time I get the images loaded the dang car will be painted!!
I have a complete set of red non a/c 1968 dash pads.  There is a difference between the shades of red between 68 and 69 but let Wayne know and he can contact me if he's interested.
thanks chris  , that may work for now , while he looks for the correct color

moparstuart

So Ed got the car on friday the 12th of december.  So one week later on friday the 19th here it is all sheet metal work done . I told you this guy is fast .