News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Mopars in the wild

Started by 1969chargerrtse, December 30, 2008, 11:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Thanks! Yup it is, I used the Internet movie car database to find it haha. Already have the movie on the netflix list too...
Funny thing is I think the other picture I found shows a guy filling it up on the wrong side. Typical movie people eh? Hahaha.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

bigred68

How awsome! Take LOTS 'O PICTURES!! So, the thinking prolly already has begun, what ya gonna do with the movie "convert" Chally?  Restore it? (Meaning add a roof back to it) or, possibly leave it "movie correct"? I'd wonder which gives it more value? My  :Twocents: ,? I'd leave it the way it is, aside from making it enjoyable/safe to drive fixing any mechanical issuies, etc. and DRIVE THE TIRES OFFA IT!! Cool.  :coolgleamA:
:cheers:

C_stripes

Congrats Finn.  Thats awesome.  Like they said. PICTURES!!!  :icon_smile_big:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

brianz426

Thanks for all the pics guys, keep them coming. :2thumbs:

Finn

Well moving them took 16 hours. Got the RT off the trailer at 4 in the morning last Sunday and I haven't had a chance to go take pictures of them since (they're at a friends house).
Ive got some photos of the move Ill post up for fun though!

^Im a big supporter of working hard

^back in the day...yeah I know, what happened?

The RT looks to be an SE judging from the interior but Im not sure how else to tell?
Oh and get this...my friend was telling me about another car he thought was a challenger he saw while driving to school. I didnt think much about it because I figured it probably wasn't a mopar at all.
Check out the picture he sends me:

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

69bronzeT5

Cool pics! Thanks for sharing :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

looks like the convert was sublime under the rear bumper...
great pair to score like that... now you'll be needin a Cuda to match the convert,.. eh?..
what the hell happened to those cars?!  :shruggy:  :scratchchin:

Finn

Thanks! Yeah it was definitely sublime. The coupe looks to be plum crazy too. There is purple showing through in a lot of various places. The fender tags are MIA though which is a bummer. Im hoping to find the build sheets but I havent looked yet.
Im going over to my buddies house tonight after class so if it is still light enough Ill try to get some more pics. The RT's front right fender got smacked unloading it from the trailer but its not too bad...I'm just glad it didnt mess up the grill.
It actually rolled back and pinned me against a gate once it was free...missed the jewels by about 2 inches :o.

Im curious about the Cuda though...I dont have room/money/time but Ill pass on any information I get.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

GreenMachine

1. Miami, OK cellphone pic last Thanksgiving
-The rest are a few years old-
2. Amarillo, TX
3. Texline, TX
4. Chickasha, OK swapmeet
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

SomeCarGuy

Did I read that right?  8500 for two decent 70 Challengers and one is a ragtop?

mikepmcs

YES....and in a movie to boot. :o
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

C_stripes

It was a JS23 challenger R/T that someone cut the roof off of though. Not an orig convert.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Finn

Correct, 8500 for both and yes the JS29 car was chopped.

On that subject, my friend and I got that one running yesterday!
Coughed out what looked like about 20 feet of mouse nest then it fired up like a champ.
AND the lights/signals/radio all worked. Radio sounded so good in fact we hooked up the ipod and went for a drive. It was a lot of fun till about 30 feet down the road it became evident that the carb needed to be tuned in more and the brakes locked up. :D
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

472 R/T SE

Finn, congrats on the score.  :2thumbs:

You don't see the folks with the Fast-n-Furious, Elanor rides converting them back to factory. 
Some may tell you to take the roof off the other one but the other one's not an SE.

IIRC, the "29" designation in the VIN means it was an SE.  Unlike our Chargers' there is no A47 on the fender tag, it's denoted by the VIN.

Good luck finding the broadcast sheet for the R/T SE, it's a LA car and more often than not don't have the sheets.  You may be lucky?
Other car's a Hamtramck ride, but since it's a small block the sheet may not be as important.

If it were me, I'd leave the "vert" as is but maybe reinforce the undercarriage.  It's quite the conversation piece as is.

Finn

Thanks and thanks for the confirmation too. :cheers:
I thought the 383 (which the coupe is too) feel under the big block category for mopar?
Either way Ill be saving that one too. I could never bring myself to chop one car for another unless there is nothing left but the sole part needed. Plus the convertible is going to stay the way it is for now but like you said, frame stiffeners and toque boxes will be added. Was there any other key structural changes on convertibles?
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

472 R/T SE

My mistake, I didn't pay attention to the motor code of the non R/T car, I apologize.  So that's an even better score, two big block rides for what you paid.  :o

Brock Samson

I found a couple worth posting, one Todd will especially appreciate...
another just great to see, and the last made me feel Like a kid again...  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

looked to be all original..  :shruggy:

Brock Samson

i took about 20 pictures of it, i just couldn't stop...
and i also wanted to share the spot below the first DC.COM  poster where i found to park the U.S. HWY. 280 sign I bought at the Flea Market last Yr. I'm now on the lookout for other "Old Style" Hyw. signs..  :shruggy: and so, another Hobby is born..  :icon_smile_wink:

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on April 17, 2009, 10:49:05 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on April 16, 2009, 09:48:55 PM
looked to be all original..  :shruggy:
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:   wow love that boat awesome

Speaking of boats. 1968 Chrysler Charger. This was in my area for sale.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

472 R/T SE

That boat would look good behind your Charger Dennis.  It's crazy what was used to tow stuff years ago.

The70RT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on April 17, 2009, 10:45:49 PM
That boat would look good behind your Charger Dennis.  It's crazy what was used to tow stuff years ago.

Yeah .....they want 1,100 for it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bigred68

Here's one. It was sitting at the gas station when I got done working at the bar this afternoon. I stuck around for a minute or two but the owner never showed up. It looked alittle run down, but over all kinda' nice. I'm gonna get a few more pics this week, with a couple of suprises..... :2thumbs:
:cheers: