News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

600 POUND PRESSURE POT SANDBLASTER , BUILD YOUR OWN I DID , YOU CAN TOO!!!!!

Started by daytonalo, February 19, 2009, 06:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

It  is a 600 pound pressure pot made from and old 60 gallon comp tank . I have a tow behind compressor to supply it .

Larry

daytonalo

Silver R/T

Nice setup. That was a steal. Air dryer is worth $75 alone. That thing is huge, what are you blasting lol. You can do some "heavy duty" work lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69*F5*SE

Holy smokes that's a great deal.  :o  Although, you'll want to get a nice deadman valve nozzle for it as that ball & socket valve will eventually just wear out.  I got mine from Northern Tool. Cheapest price I could find. Nice find.  :2thumbs:  Ted

daytonalo

Here is the deal , I made this from an old 60 gallon comp tank ,cut the top off , inverted it , welded the top back on . I also installed a 4 inch bung . I hate dead man valve , total crap and the fatigue the shit out of you , that is why I only use a 1/2 NPT ball valve , they cost my 3 dollars from Harbor freight . I have used only ball valves for the last 20 years and if you turn the handle quickly and the valve will last for a long time .The water sep cost 280 dollars ,64 CFM model , found it laying in my junk pile , I have friends that drop shit off from work everyday . My comp is Diesel with screw comp that kicks ass , paid a 1000 for it 10 years ago

Larry

daytonalo

pics

daytonalo

I tested it out on 2 doors and fenders and pile of other parts , it took me 10 min . After that I blasted the blaster then Powdercoated the Sandblaster with a Powder called RUST , it is a brown and black flake , I thought it was fitting .

Larry

Charger-Bodie

Why does it look like youre building it one day , and it looks like its all rusty and wethered in the next picture?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

daytonalo

That is the color powdercoat I put on , it is a finish intended for outdoor lawn furniture

69*F5*SE

daytonalo

Thanks , I can adjust pressure for delicate stuff or full blast it will take a 2 inch wide strip off .

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img