DodgeCharger.com Forum
December 09, 2022, 07:07:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DodgeCharger.com decals are available here!

Home   Help Calendar Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AMD NOW HAS FULL ROCKER PANELS  (Read 3046 times)
1970Moparmann
Old Timer

« on: March 12, 2009, 08:40:19 PM »

Just wanted to let you guys know, AMD just got the first shipment of rocker panels in yesterday.  Just ordered a set today!!

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!
green69rt
Old Timer

Current status

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »

Are these the outer or inner or both.  I've heard so much about repro rockers that don't fit and don't have the right profile that I'm looking forward to see how your's work out.

1970Moparmann
Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:44:52 AM »

Are these the outer or inner or both.  I've heard so much about repro rockers that don't fit and don't have the right profile that I'm looking forward to see how your's work out.

These fit awesome!  I'm very impressed with AMD quality.  The quarters fit like a glove, and same thing with the rocker!

69*F5*SE
Old Timer

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 11:03:25 AM »

They look great on there.  2thumbs
tan top
Old Timer

69 - R/T SE - Y2-CRX-V1T-V88

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

looks a nice part  yesnod

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might to see in below threads !

Charger Stuff 
  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.0.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html
roger440

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 02:05:12 PM »

looks good, might be needing a set of those on my runner.

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester
1969chargerrtse
Old Timer

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »

So nice to know there are some good quality made parts out there.  Looks great.
G-man
Old Timer

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 05:07:34 PM »

Hi

Very nice...

AMD repro parts are not your "general, dont fit propperly" repro parts?

I know wth the B-body mirrors, that reproduction ones are rounded off on edges while original had a nice sharp line... anything like that with AMD anywhere or same as original even in minor details such as the one i just mentioned?

Thanks Smiley
pkianka

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »

Hey 1970Moparmann, I know this is an ancient post, but I was searching the forum for other's experiences with replacing rocker panels.  The AMD ones you purchased/installed look nice and I am about to buy some for my 68.

Do you have any details or additional information you could share about your installation experience?

Did you install the entire rocker as shipped or only portions of it?

Mine aren't that bad but have many small holes spread across about a 2 foot span. I was thinking of patching them with fabricated pieces either from flat stock metal or the AMD rockers.

Please share you thoughts.  I will also need to do quarter to this car as well, does this change the order of operations at all in terms of installation?

Thanks!!!!!  Pete K.
1974dodgecharger
Old Timer

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »

Who's is better than AMD overall.....NONE

So nice to know there are some good quality made parts out there.  Looks great.
Nacho-RT74
Old Timer

Tired of everything

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »

I WANT A 71/74 ROOF SKIIIIIIIIIN  bawling bawling bawling THERE IS MORE MARKET FOR THOSE THAN THE REST OF PARTS BEING REPROED AT THIS MOMENT BECAUSE PLYMOUTHS AND DODGES SHARES THE SAAAAME ALLONG 4 YEEEARS bawling bawling bawling bawling bawling

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html
polywideblock
Old Timer

71 FC7 340 4spd roadrunner,71 GB5 440 4spd R/T

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 06:38:38 PM »

look first class, these only fit 2nd gen right? not 3rd gen ? phil

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE
1970Moparmann
Old Timer

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 07:03:14 PM »

Hey 1970Moparmann, I know this is an ancient post, but I was searching the forum for other's experiences with replacing rocker panels.  The AMD ones you purchased/installed look nice and I am about to buy some for my 68.

Do you have any details or additional information you could share about your installation experience?

Did you install the entire rocker as shipped or only portions of it?

Mine aren't that bad but have many small holes spread across about a 2 foot span. I was thinking of patching them with fabricated pieces either from flat stock metal or the AMD rockers.

Please share you thoughts.  I will also need to do quarter to this car as well, does this change the order of operations at all in terms of installation?

Thanks!!!!!  Pete K.

Pete, these matched up perfectly.  My experience is AMD fits perfectly, some others say differently. 

The entire rocker was replaced.  2thumbs  This car needed a lot of new metal on it.  Floors, quarters, rockers, valances.  All AMD, all fit great.   On my Coronet, used the Goodmark quarters, and it was very difficult to get it matched up good.  Even though this was done, I am already thinking of changing them AGAIN to AMD because the door jams look terrible with the Goodmark panels.  This was done about 8 years ago, so they made have made some changes. 

I'm also thinking about getting a new AMD hood for my Charger.  The original hood had some front end damage to it, the OEM one I have on it now has some very thin sections which just don't look right.  I never came across before how a metal piece get's weak as it get's older, but it did with my car. 

I would suggest that you shop around AMD prices.  I used a guy in Seattle, if I remember correctly.  Even though I'm in the Midwest, I still saved a LOT of money by using him.  Also, if your doing a pretty big order, you can get even a bigger discount.  I couldn't put all the metal on one order, but still saved a good amount.

Good luck!

Mopar1979

69 Charger SE

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 08:41:20 PM »

Get on ebay and search for 69 charger parts and find Columbia parts co. Call and speak to Chris he will give you a bundle order deal and it ships direct from AMD. I saved a lot on my quarters, trunk pan, door skin, valances.
Moparman1979
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: