News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My V 10 Charger Project

Started by sardillim, March 15, 2009, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 29, 2019, 08:08:45 PM
Viper engine swaps are out and 392 or Hellcat swaps are in. Have you though about changing engines?

Why are you raining on his superbowl?  Are you seriously suggesting he bends to peer pressure and follow the masses?

In all seriousness I see your point, considering the lenght of time it takes the do it yourselfer to finish a project.  However, what are the chances that changing directions will put this project even further behind? 

Keep pushing forward.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 03, 2020, 12:43:07 AM
Viper engine swaps are out and 392 or Hellcat swaps are in. Have you though about changing engines?

Why are you raining on his superbowl?  Are you seriously suggesting he bends to peer pressure and follow the masses?

In all seriousness I see your point, considering the lenght of time it takes the do it yourselfer to finish a project.

Hmmmm, my point of view is criticized, then agreed to. That's got to be a first! For the record, I was merely pointing out that the Mopar engine swap of choice has changed over the last decade. Your "following the masses" argument isn't valid because the original concept of installing a Viper drivetrain was "following the masses" when the project was conceived.

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 03, 2020, 12:43:07 AMHowever, what are the chances that changing directions will put this project even further behind?  

Keep pushing forward.

In 2 months, it'll be 11 years since this project was started and I don't think I've seen a build go any slower in all the time I've been on this forum. While the OP's craftsmanship looks to be top notch, if work continues at this same pace, he's got another 10-15 years of time ahead of him.

Now, before everyone jumps down my throat, I understand that everyone works at their own pace and I'm not being critical, rather I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Paul G

I agree with keeping the Viper swap. Although it is not a popular choice now, way too much work has been done to this car to accommodate the V10. It is still very cool.

From a power standpoint the Hemi can meet and easily exceed the power of the V10. But, put turbos on the V10 and it's a game changer. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

timmycharger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on January 03, 2020, 04:49:39 AM
Quote from: Bobs69 on January 03, 2020, 12:43:07 AM

Why are you raining on his superbowl?  Are you seriously suggesting he bends to peer pressure and follow the masses?

In all seriousness I see your point, considering the lenght of time it takes the do it yourselfer to finish a project.

Hmmmm, my point of view is criticized, then agreed to. That's got to be a first! For the record, I was merely pointing out that the Mopar engine swap of choice has changed over the last decade. Your "following the masses" argument isn't valid because the original concept of installing a Viper drivetrain was "following the masses" when the project was conceived.

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 03, 2020, 12:43:07 AMHowever, what are the chances that changing directions will put this project even further behind?  

Keep pushing forward.

In 2 months, it'll be 11 years since this project was started and I don't think I've seen a build go any slower in all the time I've been on this forum. While the OP's craftsmanship looks to be top notch, if work continues at this same pace, he's got another 10-15 years of time ahead of him.

Now, before everyone jumps down my throat, I understand that everyone works at their own pace and I'm not being critical, rather I'm just pointing out the obvious.

I don't remember seeing that many people putting in V10s into Chargers as compared to how many are putting in modern Hemi engines currently. It seems like every SEMA build or featured car has the HellCat Hemi in it now..

Keep on with the V10, have fun if it takes 1 year or 10 more to complete, who gives a sh**.  My Charger took almost 20 years to finish..

ACUDANUT

"Keep on with the V10, have fun if it takes 1 year or 10 more to complete, who gives a sh**.  My Charger took almost 20 years to finish"
But only takes a few seconds to kill it. (crash/theft).  :Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

Bobs69

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 03, 2020, 02:12:09 PM
"Keep on with the V10, have fun if it takes 1 year or 10 more to complete, who gives a sh**.  My Charger took almost 20 years to finish"
But only takes a few seconds to kill it. (crash/theft).  :Twocents:

20 years and you never lost interest in it.  Sounds like you enjoyed the process.

ACUDANUT

timmycharger

:rofl: I am a slacker for sure! but not on this car.  I'll blame it on having 3 kids and building a house then waiting for my garage to be finished.  I took it off the road in 2001 and picked away slowly at it until 2012 when I really got serious.   I finished it enough to drive and enjoy it in 2017/2018 so not exactly 20 years but still a long time and not once did my interest or passion to finish it fade.  :2thumbs:

sardillim

getting the gas tank positioned     tried to us the stock tank but is too tight of a fit

sardillim

trunk area is almost closed in

garner7555

69 Charger 440 resto-mod

sardillim

trunk area closed in    on to the tail panel

Kern Dog

What is wrong with using any one of the EFI compatible gas tanks available? That gas tank looks unusual. It looks like a LOT more work than you had to do.

sardillim

I'm really glad they make reproduction body panels for all these cars but at the end of the day they're just something to cut and manipulate and put filler over a lot of time spent getting the gaps right

RallyeMike

QuoteI'm really glad they make reproduction body panels for all these cars but at the end of the day they're just something to cut and manipulate and put filler over a lot of time spent getting the gaps right

Yup. You don't know how good you have it until you start rebuilding cars they don't make any body panels for.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/