News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My V 10 Charger Project

Started by sardillim, March 15, 2009, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

sardillim, i am following your thread extremely close as I have a truck v10 that I will be putting into my 3rd gen hopefully.  what you do will help me sort out any future kinks i may come across.  so, i thank you for the picture diary that you are posting.  no sense in re-creating the wheel.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver R/T

awesome, very nice job on the custom fabbing everything up. you have a very nice shop also.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerSG

sardillim you are doing some serious metalwork there, looking great :cheers:
Did you see that Charger with Viper V12 on Ebay?
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

sardillim

charger sg :        saw the car on e bay (very very nice!!!) , i think it was bid a little over 60k    i can guarantee you  (based on what i have spent so far) that he has way more $$$ into that car.   

silver rt :  thanks   nice to know that people take notice

Rd : i dis agree  with you    I think you should post your project   I think it would be interesting to see how someone else will approach this type of project with all its interesting hurdles.  So post away  there is plenty of room for everyone  I personally would love to see it.     

FYI my biggest concern right now is to get the engine running electronically  there seems to a lot of gremlins here.

To all had to take a little break from the car but i should be back on it next weekend and will be posting more photos next week

Mike

Matthan

bearbqd

Quote from: sardillim on March 16, 2009, 08:14:20 PM
this is how I received the car after it was shipped from Alabama to CT
Was the saran wrap to keep it fresh or did a big spider get to it before you? Awesome project btw.  :2thumbs:
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Nacho-RT74

:o

that's NOT rebuild a charger THAT'S BUILD one
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

draftingmonkey

Very nice sheet metal work.  About the only thing I have ever been able to do with metal is make rust  :'(.

sardillim

Not much to show   it's been hotter than hell here plus being the summer there has not been a lot of time to devote to the car.    Pictures show the trans tunnel completed and the firewall marked and cut out.  The next step will be to start connecting the fire wall to the trans tunnel. 

sardillim

Finally  we have a firewall that's connected to the transmission tunnel

WM23N1G1

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ACUDANUT

WOW, alot of work there. Are viper engines and trans worth (price wise) and the labor worth the headache ?

73chgrSE

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

six-tee-nine

Since that engine lies lies almost entirely behind the front wheels I think it will steer pretty nice on the track too.

The etalwork is some nice craftsmenship  :2thumbs:
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Brock Samson

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

chargerhunter

SPEECHLESS!!

This is one hell of a build!
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727

HollyWoodCharger

Quote from: sardillim on September 14, 2009, 09:07:43 PM
Finally  we have a firewall that's connected to the transmission tunnel

I'm really interested in how you plan to mount the Power brake booster and master cylinder, I'm betting your doing a
a street rod type mount behind the firewall or some sort....  :popcrn:

That new firewall is a work of art in metal fab work!  :2thumbs:

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

sardillim

sardillim

Not much new to show.  I 've been mostly filling holes and openings in the remainder of the origanal , inner fenders and frame rails.    I just got in the front stiffening kit from XV Motor sports.  That will be this weekends project.

nakita7

The70RT

That's a lot of work. I bet you went through a lot of grinding disc's  :buff: ... :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us