News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(73 Charger) Plum Crazy finally painted

Started by Beer, April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Took the car in Friday,  see how far the $$ go, hoping all the new body panels are installed, aligned and everything is primed by end of May.

Here is how it looked prior to going in...

Ditching the Vinyl roof, and planning Plum Crazy w/ the 73 Rally Stripes.  VFN Bulge hood w/ Hood graphic. Likly use Phoenix Graphics for the stripes.

Here are some VFN pics

Naturally new pics when its pic worthy  ;)

Here is a photoshop of the look I am going for-less the white interior (going Black w/ the Bench seat for that high school sweetie sitting right up on ya theme the 70's were good for).

Torn between the Magnum wheels and the Torq Thrust Wheels (These seem to have better sizes available for DR's).

Still in the market for a new trunk lid (mine has the rusty lip ) and a dual exhaust rear valance.

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Snapped some pics of it at the shop when I dropped off the hood.

They are going to hit the Drivers rocker first then put the fenders on and hood.  Then align the doors. Then weld in the new rear quarters.

Should have pics of the VFN Bulge Hood fitted in about a week  :cheers:

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

NHCharger

Boy, time flies, it seems like just three years ago you were shopping for a body shop that was willing to do your Charger. ;)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Fitz73Chrgr

Trunk lids shouldn't be too hard to find...they go pretty cheap too.  Charger1973 had a photoshop done by DS440 a while back of a plum crazy 73 with a white rallye stripe, it looked really good, check it out.  I vote TT wheels!  I'm thinking of going with TTD's on our car...

Keep us updated, it's great to finally see progress being made of several late 3rd gens!

:cheers:

EDIT: Found it:
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Beer

Silver R/T

Looks like its getting some color on there
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mopar73

Quote from: Beer on April 21, 2009, 08:51:59 PM
Update from today...

Mine was pretty similar with the rust behind the quarter.  It wasn't too hard to fix, it just took time.  I like the photoshop pics.  good idea

Beer

May Update...Still have not seen the car in person

mikepmcs

Jim
Offer is still open if you want me to go bug Steve and shoot some pics.

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Thanks Mike, not needed yet.  Steve told me he has some insurance work so I am getting bumped back again.  The hold up buys me time to try and find the outer wheelhouses for the back and a valance with rear cut outs.

I also need to take a trip up to Eagle Lake to get my windshield and look over some part cars for a trunk lid.

Mid June I may take ya up on the photo's.  Hoping all the panels are done and the car is in primer end of June.  I get  home 18 June have a week home then have to go to Houston for a week (systems class).

Beer

Update as of today...

Above and below, the stock hood hinges needed to be hogged out a bit to get the arch needed to fit the VFN hood correctly, other than that the hood fits perfectly.

End of  next wek, the fenders should be back on, the Plum Crazy laid down on the undersides, and the top painted primer black, so the front clip should be ready for paint.  Then they will continue on the rear pass side.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Hemidog

jaak

mopar73

Beer

I am on my Rig, but I got some Pics from the shop tonite...

TexasStroker

Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

69*F5*SE

Little by little it's coming together nicely.

Beer

Quote from: Beer on April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM
Took the car in Friday,  see how far the $$ go, hoping all the new body panels are installed, aligned and everything is primed by end of May.

LOL  More realistic timeline is all panels done and primed by August
Final Paint end of Sept.
Engine (may change cam and have Heads done by Dwyane Porter) Septish
Tranny Built 904 w/Low gearset from Cope completed By Sept (in work now)
Engine/Tranny installed Octish 09 
Interior and system installs (Brake, fuel tank etc...) done winter of 09-10

mikepmcs

Quote from: Beer on June 04, 2009, 09:42:12 AM

Jim
Cam change??  Dyno run or something trigger this? :popcrn:

I'm available just about any weekend now. When you get your car back and want help just let me know and I'll drive down and do whatever I can to help you.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 04, 2009, 12:40:08 PM
Quote from: Beer on June 04, 2009, 09:42:12 AM

Jim
Cam change??  Dyno run or something trigger this? :popcrn:

I'm available just about any weekend now. When you get your car back and want help just let me know and I'll drive down and do whatever I can to help you.

v/r
Mike

Thanks Mike, that would great!
I spent a bit of time chatting with John at Cope Racing, he says a 727 is what I should go for. 

The cam change/Head porting is my quest for 12's first time out...wanna build it once and have it met the expectations.

Beer

Latest Pics

Found some work previously done to the door  :eek2:

mopar_nut_440_6

Looking good man. Some nice welding going on there!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

70daytonaclone

Hi where did you get the right quarter panel? is it from another car or aftermarket? thanks Stephen :cheers:

Beer

Fronts are the origional quarters, rear quarters are new from Lake Erie Trading Post (Ebay).