News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(73 Charger) Plum Crazy finally painted

Started by Beer, April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Beer on October 01, 2009, 07:27:36 PM
Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 01, 2009, 05:42:11 PM
Is it painted yet?  :popcrn:

I don't think so, I think about a week more total...they want the primer to cure on what they block sanded etc...Two days ago when I was there they said in about 7-10 days it would be complete (Black and clearcoat included).  I am on my drilling rig now in the Gulf of Mexico for three weeks so I cannot check on em...I may need my man in the field Mike to drop by the shop (he is less than 30 minutes from it...) for real time intelligence. The owner of the shop is computer challenged so, if its painted, he takes the pictures, then brings the camera home to his wife who then sends the pics...sometimes they are the right pics sometimes they are not LOL...

No need to rush the process after coming this far  :lol:, I know you can't wait to slide behind the wheel and fire it up.

Beer

Phone call today indicates Wednesday 7 Oct for being all purple, that means pics to me by maybe 8 Oct. The new rear w/ Caltracs will be put in after the body is Purple.

Then the Black will be put on no later than the 14th... so estimate final pics two weeks from today.  Will probably have MikePCMS visit the shop for me in about 10-14 days.  I get home the 22nd, so pick up sometime 22-30th Oct, then reassembly.  On the road maybe this spring.

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mikepmcs

Quote from: Beer on October 02, 2009, 01:24:18 PM
Phone call today indicates Wednesday 7 Oct for being all purple, that means pics to me by maybe 8 Oct. The new rear w/ Caltracs will be put in after the body is Purple.

Then the Black will be put on no later than the 14th... so estimate final pics two weeks from today.  Will probably have MikePCMS visit the shop for me in about 10-14 days.  I get home the 22nd, so pick up sometime 22-30th Oct, then reassembly.  On the road maybe this spring.

Jim
Roger, Copy, Wilco!
Just let me know. :2thumbs:
Gonna rip down to Virginia to see my parents and lil sis on the 9th but I should be back in town late sunday.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Mike, see if you can take a stroll up there Tuesday Afternoon and email (or post fer me) pics if they get it purple.  I will call Steve Tuesday and tell him I asked ya to to hook me up with pics since I am not around.

Comon TUESDAY!
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mikepmcs

Jim,
This tuesday the 6th or next tuesday the 13th?
Just wanted to clarify after reading above posts.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Both  :icon_smile_big:

This tuesday it should all be purple, then the week when you get back from Viriginia, it should have the Black Bulge and Rear trunk Black trim and the spoiler will likely be bolted on  ;D

mikepmcs

Beer

Hey Mike, called this morning and looks like Wednesday now. Steve said to show up as close to 5 PM as possible.  They are wet sanding the primer some more on the rear today (focusing on the top seams of the new rear panels-right at the bodyline where the welds were), and should start spraying color tomorrow around 1 PM.

LOL its killing me but I told them I was in no rush and to take their time  :D

Jim

451-74Charger

Quote from: Beer on October 06, 2009, 09:07:43 AM

Jim

Add 3 years to Build time....lol (at least in my world)  :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

Quote from: Beer on October 06, 2009, 09:07:43 AM
Hey Mike, called this morning and looks like Wednesday now. Steve said to show up as close to 5 PM as possible.  They are wet sanding the primer some more on the rear today (focusing on the top seams of the new rear panels-right at the bodyline where the welds were), and should start spraying color tomorrow around 1 PM.

Jim

No problem. Hoping there is no shrinkage issues on the primer. Is Steve gonna seal the whole carit prior to spraying?
So Wednesday go then. Lemme know if anything changes.

v/r
Mike

Beer

Called your cell Mike, left voice mail any luck?  Post em if ya got em  :popcrn:

mikepmcs

I called them twice today but they must have been busy so I just decided to show up anyway.
Got to Steve's place about 1640.  Steve's boy was squirting the Charger but no chance for me to get pictures through the window.  But...the car has color on it, I saw it live and actually watched him spray the entire pass door. :icon_smile_big:  I talked to one of the boys and asked permission to stop by tomorrow after work. They will have it cut and buffed by the time I show up.  He told me they were wet sanding the body more today and I imagine that is what delayed their painting of the beast.  I touched your plate bracket...(ooooh puurrrrple, in my best homer simpson) that was laying on one of those old junky Vettes they had sitting around. ;D

So, tomorrow for some quick shots and then I have to jam to Virginia for a couple days.  I also plan on tuesday to get some more shots, but I will confirm with you and steve prior.

Mike out!   :cheers:

Beer

Thanks for doing this for me Mike! Looking forward to tomorrow, I'm gonna wear out the refresh button on the mouse late afternoon checking on this thread.

:cheers:

Charger440RDN

Beer

:nana:

Made ya look!

Did some calculations...182 ish days the shop has had the car...boy, won't the nieghbors be suprised that crappy Brown car is back with a new look... :yesnod:

Couple more hours and Mike should be passing through the shop for pics.

Jim

jaak

Beer, I think I'm just as anxious as you are....I have been following you threads watching the build, The first thing when I have been getting home the last couple of days is checking this thread to see if it's purple yet!

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Jason

mikepmcs

Hey
it's purple.  give me a few minutes and i'll start uploading.  I just walked in the door and i'll post a pic of why i was delayed as well. :2thumbs:
gimme a few BRB.

Beer

mikepmcs

First the reason I was delayed.  Got a call from my buddy big jason on the way back from steve's, "Mike you gotta come look at this truck we're working on"  1100HP Keith Black Hemi sled puller. Sorry had to look at it.  :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

ok, you are seeing them at the same time I am so no photo anything, here they are. 

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

mikepmcs