News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(73 Charger) Plum Crazy finally painted

Started by Beer, April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Quote from: Beer on October 16, 2009, 02:49:38 PM
Thanks Back N Black  :cheers:

Called the shop this afternoon...left message begging for more pics (do not want to wait til monday LOL)...

Hopefully next pics everything will be uncovered.

I will post em if I get em.

:popcrn:
I can still do monday no problem so you'll get something monday night regardless.  ;D
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Thanks Mike! Yep looking forward to your pics on Monday.  Looking for the shop to tide me over for the weekend...Crappy weather offshore and Git-home-I-tis is kicking in.

Police wheels and hubs ordered. Put tires on and install next weekend.
Front seat upholstry shipping the 20th install when home.

Projects to do week one (will be new thread called 73 reassembly)
Clean up fuse panel and install,
Inspect wiring harness and repair chaffed coatings with longspiced-soldered-shrinkwrapped repairs.
Run wire harnesses.

New padding/Carpet and door sill plates ready for install
Rear seat (old thread I did on recovering the seats w new w/upholstery) ready for install
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,5642.0.html

Dash ready for installation w/ Dashpad (another thread I did years ago when I did the dashpad..), see how it looks, may buy new Dashpad...
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4617.0.html

Trunk mat ready to install
Package tray ready
Engine bay items...

LOL man this stroker thread is four years old!!
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,283.0.html
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

The70RT

I bet you can't wait :punkrocka: ....your almost there  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Beer on October 16, 2009, 05:09:48 AM
He said lil craters...something to do with the setup time difference between the first coat and the other coats.

Sounds like Solvent Pop. LEON.

Beer

Got some Pics...Suspension, he said he has more clearcoating to do, should be all done Wednesday now...

Jim

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Body Pics from today. (see last Thread page 9 for Suspension Pics from today).

mikepmcs

So I'll "stand down" until Wednesday I assume.  :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 18, 2009, 07:01:08 PM
So I'll "stand down" until Wednesday I assume.  :2thumbs:

Roger that...from the shop...

"Here are the pics from today... rear end installation, fits well.
We still have to paint clear on the roof, rear quarters 1 more time, then will unmask and send final pictures.... possibly Tues. or Wed.

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Beer

Called the shop, they said there is still some solvent pop in areas, going to check it out Friday when I pick it up. 

Likely if its an issue for me, they can get it when AMD comes out with the Dual exhaust cutout valance (will have them fit it and paint it). 

Mike I think will post some pics later tonite, if he makes the shop. Should be the first pics of it with everything uncovered.

They are wrapping up welding in the subframe connectors today, and tomorrow they will be bolting on the marker lights, locksets, spoiler and the door handles, as well as setting the rear window and trim back in place.

Get off the rig tomorrow! A Beer version of Planes trains and automobiles...will be Helicoptor, Bus, Plane, truck LOL...

Friday Morning load the trailer on the truck and off to get the Charger and bring it home  :yesnod:

mikepmcs

Quote from: Beer on October 21, 2009, 12:53:08 PM
Called the shop, they said there is still some solvent pop in areas, going to check it out Friday when I pick it up. 

Likely if its an issue for me, they can get it when AMD comes out with the Dual exhaust cutout valance (will have them fit it and paint it). 

Mike I think will post some pics later tonite, if he makes the shop. Should be the first pics of it with everything uncovered.

They are wrapping up welding in the subframe connectors today, and tomorrow they will be bolting on the marker lights, locksets, spoiler and the door handles, as well as setting the rear window and trim back in place.

Get off the rig tomorrow! A Beer version of Planes trains and automobiles...will be Helicoptor, Bus, Plane, truck LOL...

Friday Morning load the trailer on the truck and off to get the Charger and bring it home  :yesnod:

Jim
Just got off the phone with the shop and they said they were painting a f-350 and didn't want me in there today. If you want me to go tomorrow I will no problem but you're picking it up friday so..... Up to you though, I have no problem going but you won't even get the pictures on the rig as you'll be en-route.
let me know.
v/r
Mike

Beer

Hmmm, I told Steve you were coming and he did not say anything to me about not wanting you to visit...no worries, I will see it Friday. Thanks Mike.   If your passing through Bath Brunswick hit me up, probably be workin gon it :) 

Beer

Hey he sent Pics...Pics not that great lighting wise, look for good pics Friday afternoon after I pic the car up!

Beer

Mo Pics, the trunk lid is growing on me...I am leaning towards the ralley side stripes now though...
The cop wheels are on Back Order so that  plan may change up to Torq Thrust or Magnums...

Brock Samson

that looks really good,.. except for the color...

:smilielol:

I know your stoked...

firefighter3931

Looks fantastic Jim.  :drool5: A set of torque Thrust D's with the dark centers would look killer ! I like the side Rally stripe idea as well  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

jaak

Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 21, 2009, 11:05:12 PM
Looks fantastic Jim.  :drool5: A set of torque Thrust D's with the dark centers would look killer ! I like the side Rally stripe idea as well  :2thumbs:

Ron

+1 for the side stripes...I love 73/74 Rallye stripes. My Rallye was actually a stripe-delete car, but when I get it painted one day, I want to install a stripe.

Jason

Beer

Pick up @ 12 EST
Thanks guys, looking forward to doing the assembly thread, that one will probably run as long as this one did.

Should have Day light sunny Pics posted after supper, have to show it a few people before it comes off the trailer.

Beer

Oh Yeah!

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jaak

71superbee

Beer

I stopped by and checked out your Charger today.....looks awesome. I was driving by the body shop and noticed the car and had to turn around. You may have gotten there as I was leaving, not sure. Your car looks great !

Rick

Charger440RDN

Beer

Quote from: 71superbee on October 23, 2009, 05:52:46 PM
Beer

I stopped by and checked out your Charger today.....looks awesome. I was driving by the body shop and noticed the car and had to turn around. You may have gotten there as I was leaving, not sure. Your car looks great !

Rick

Thanks! Yep that was me picking it up, should of stayed and chatted!  You doing the New England Dragway MOPAR event 31 Oct?

Jim

71superbee

No, not this year, got too much going on. Enjoy you car !