News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(73 Charger) Plum Crazy finally painted

Started by Beer, April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Todays update...crappy IPHONE pics sorry...

Vinyl roof is gone...
Front Fenders inners painted Plum crazy

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

69*F5*SE

Foreman72

man alive i'd love for mine to be @ that stage...thats gonna look sweet :coolgleamA:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Beer

Stuck in Houston for another week :brickwall:

Steve the shop owner promised me some pics, have not got them yet, from our last call I am told the pass door is now in Black Primer as well as the roof.  They are continuing on the driverside outer wheelhouse and rocker area. 

Perhaps end of next week the new rear quaters will be welded on.

They have asked for the rear back glass as well and window trim.

Pics when I get em. But slowly getting progress out of the project!

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

mikepmcs

you need a parts runner to get that stuff to steve while you are away??

Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Beer

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 26, 2009, 02:37:48 PM
you need a parts runner to get that stuff to steve while you are away??

Mike

Thanks Mike,

No need. Will be home 3 July and intend to head up there the following Monday. If you want to drop in and inspect the work feel free  :yesnod:

Jim

Beer

69*F5*SE

oldrock

mopar73

Beer

Updated pics some are a little older and should be back a few post.  

Rear fenders are welded in now...

Should be primer black and be ready for pickup end of month...

Caltrac suspension/with subframe connectors added with the 3.91 SG rear 8 3/4" mid end Aug

Final paint end Sept/early Oct

jaak

:2thumbs: Looking great, Beer! I cannot wait to see your 73 finished.
Keep up the good work,
Jason

Beer

mopar73

Ahh... I can smell it now..   fresh paint in the morning coming soon to a paint booth near you :2thumbs: 

mopar_nut_440_6

That is looking really good Beer. Getting close now!  :yesnod: :yesnod:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

MoparUSAF

Beer

Hope to have it all primer next week. 
Options are the same primer black it is now, or a "Hot Rod Black".  I am leaning towards the hot rod black.  Seems the Black primer you can see the shades are inconsistant, so I think a Hot rod black as base for the Plum Crazy would be better than the primer I got now.

Need to finish half of the 8 3/4" Axle (wire-wheeling) and paint that.  Have the Caltrac rear suspension coming and need to weld in the sub frame connectors.  Install the rear and suspension...then wait til end of Sept for final paint.

I am trying to get the shop to mix me some gloss black with the same metallic volume the Plum Crazy will have for the bulge and the side stripes.

Jim

Beer

Back Home!  These are shots the shop sent me, I have not been up to look myself.  Bringing the Subframe connectors up and have the Caltrac Springs and Caltrac Suspension to put in next. 

Called AMD TODAY to get an update on the famed rear valance with cutouts...EVERY CALL promises promises...Todays news  15 August they will have a test piece and if it goes well production and on the shelves in two monthes...FUNNY...I been listening to that shit for a YEAR now.

mopar73

jaak

Beer,
Those quarters look great, did the shop have many fitment issues with them. I was just wondering I haven't heard many people comment on the 73-74 quarters. They look great in the pics  :2thumbs:

Jason

Beer

From talking with the shop, they had some difficultly with the rear valance and had to modify that a bit to fit (rear valance was from a 73 as well, Dr. Pimp from Canada sent it to me).  I am heading up to the shop tomorrow to see it, going to drop off the Subframe connectors.

Beer

Dropped the subframe connectors off...should have the rear suspension in End of next week.