News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

(73 Charger) Plum Crazy finally painted

Started by Beer, April 11, 2009, 02:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Here is what I got so far.  Need to round up the misc parts... turn signal lights, Marker lights etc...

Dont think the Hood stencil is going to work out...probably paint the Black Bulge w/ a pinstripe outline (pinstripe painted).  Going to hold off on the stripes.

They are saying entire car painted by this Friday.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

jaak

:2thumbs: Looks great!!! I know your glad to see some color on it!

Jason

70daytonaclone

Hi Beer car is almost done looks great. Thanks for posting the resto. Can you post your source for those frame connectors? I could use a set on my 73 charger. thanks Stephen

Beer

Quote from: 70daytonaclone on September 23, 2009, 08:01:09 AM
Hi Beer car is almost done looks great. Thanks for posting the resto. Can you post your source for those frame connectors? I could use a set on my 73 charger. thanks Stephen

http://www.magnumforce.com/store/detail.asp?ProductID=3108&CategoryID=19&BrandID=&Category=&SubCategory=&Search=&Page=

Update on the car, Trunk interior painted, Trunk underside painted, hood underside painted (Black).  Possibly Friday afternoon body to be sprayed, will call at lunch, and hope to get word its a go, if so, will head up to the shop and get pics...
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Beer

Looks like Monday now they are still block sanding...  :'(

Silver R/T

nice, love in-progress pics. That's how I'd paint a car, do jambs first and then paint whole car with body panels on the car. It's just a matter of personal preference.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Beer

Quote from: Beer on September 25, 2009, 02:28:07 PM

They called yesterday, now its going to be painted Tuesday...I go back to my rig Wednesday... Letting them take their time, hope it pays off!

jaak

Quote from: Beer on September 27, 2009, 10:19:57 AM
Quote from: Beer on September 25, 2009, 02:28:07 PM

They called yesterday, now its going to be painted Tuesday...I go back to my rig Wednesday... Letting them take their time, hope it pays off!

I know it sucks waiting, and I can only imagine how anxious you are, but the more time spent block-sanding, the better.
Can't wait to see it!

Jason

Silver R/T

You should never rush bodyman, you want straight, flawless paintjob then you better take your time

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi-hampton

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 27, 2009, 04:16:44 PM
You should never rush bodyman, you want straight, flawless paintjob then you better take your time

:iagree:

Beer

Is it tomorrow yet???  Should be Purple Tuesday. Then the Black goes on, then the clear coat, this of course is after I go back to the Gulf of Mexico for three weeks...

I really like member Banana Wama's Paint scheme and plan on duplicating, here are some color changer pic of his (his is yellow, I changed it to Plum Crazy)

Here is how I am going to have the Bulge painted with repo Callouts (340 MAGNUM ) added.

Trunk rear like this as well (I have the Spoiler to).

Going to hold off on the rally Side graphics (Wife has issues with them for some reason...and it was her grandparents car so she has some say).

Next month...Rims/Tires  Torq Thrust D, Magnum, or Mopar Police Rally 42 Series wheels (Black) are in the running.  :scratchchin:

mopar73

451-74Charger

Beer

Fixin to head up to the shop shortly...bet its not purple yet...

Beer

Well, They saying about ten days including the Gloss Black complete.  I am off to work tomorrow so I am at the shops mercy for pics when its done.

Here is what it looked like today.

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Beer

Quote from: Foreman72 on September 29, 2009, 07:15:04 PM
man that hood looks so nice

I can't wait to see it with the Gloss Blackout and pin stripe...

Hood is getting more paint, they said probably two more coats.  They were block sanding the rest of the car so the car was pretty dusty.  The painted parts were painted individually and bolted on.

jaak

Charger440RDN

That plum crazy is really gonna look good on that once it's done, one of the best Mopar colors  :yesnod:

CDN72SE

Looks very good, I see they painted the inside of the front valance the proper color. Is this something they did on their own or did you have to direct them?
1972 Charger SE

Charger440RDN

Beer

Quote from: CDN72SE on September 30, 2009, 12:38:34 PM
Looks very good, I see they painted the inside of the front valance the proper color. Is this something they did on their own or did you have to direct them?

They did that on their own, I think that piece was still stock when they got it, so they probably just duplicated what they were given and substituted the Purple for the bronze that was on the old paint job.

Beer

Quote from: Charger440RDN on October 01, 2009, 05:42:11 PM
Is it painted yet?  :popcrn:

I don't think so, I think about a week more total...they want the primer to cure on what they block sanded etc...Two days ago when I was there they said in about 7-10 days it would be complete (Black and clearcoat included).  I am on my drilling rig now in the Gulf of Mexico for three weeks so I cannot check on em...I may need my man in the field Mike to drop by the shop (he is less than 30 minutes from it...) for real time intelligence. The owner of the shop is computer challenged so, if its painted, he takes the pictures, then brings the camera home to his wife who then sends the pics...sometimes they are the right pics sometimes they are not LOL...

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722