News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 resto

Started by C500, April 18, 2009, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red69superbee

I, too have a c 500 that is supposed to be a twin to yours, the best i can tell..Anyway, when i got it the front fenders and grill were gone and im not sure what i need to do to get the grill to fit right, any ideas? Thanks

moparstuart

Quote from: red69superbee on November 16, 2011, 11:57:53 PM
I, too have a c 500 that is supposed to be a twin to yours, the best i can tell..Anyway, when i got it the front fenders and grill were gone and im not sure what i need to do to get the grill to fit right, any ideas? Thanks
pictures ?  and maybe your story of the car ?  maybe start your own thread would love to hear about your car !!!   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C500

A few shots. The plug is now in. I have a bunch of other shots of the fiddly bits looking good, including dash resto, heater box etc. Will post em up when I have some more time, but heres a couple of the plug for now.

A big thanks to Steve for the work you see here (NZ68RT)  :2thumbs:  :cheers:

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

C500

Some rear end shots. I had this sand blasted, acid etch primed and coated in chassis black.
Diff head will be done in POR15 metal mask

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

hemi68charger

I'm loving it... Good job.....  :2thumbs: Going to paint those springs black?
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

C500

Thanks Troy.  :cheers:

Nope, keeping em silver. Kinda like the look, and couldn't verify for sure if they were supposed to be silver or black.

C500

More sand blasted parts...upper and lower control arms ....

C500

C500

AMD Valence end caps. Fitted nice and tight...with a little massaging

C500

Trunk lips...spot welded, tail panel in.

C500

steering rods...before, during after....

hemi68charger

Quote from: C500 on May 10, 2012, 06:57:30 AM
Thanks Troy.  :cheers:

Nope, keeping em silver. Kinda like the look, and couldn't verify for sure if they were supposed to be silver or black.

'68 they were natural, starting in '69, they painted the completely assembled unit black, FYI... Either way, it'll be nice.....

I'm really digging your pictures !!!!!  Awesome work... Also, excuse me if I'm forward, but you know the seam of the corner cap and the rear valance wasn't sealed, only the corner cap and the quarter was.........
Troy

C500

Starting in 69 from Jan 1 or the 69 model year? My build date is Nov 68, so I thought they were natural. No sign of any black on there either.

Thanks for the tip on the sealer... appreciate any comments on stuff like that  :2thumbs:

Plenty more pics coming  :popcrn:

C500

hemi68charger

Quote from: C500 on May 10, 2012, 07:10:52 AM
Starting in 69 from Jan 1 or the 69 model year? My build date is Nov 68, so I thought they were natural. No sign of any black on there either.

Thanks for the tip on the sealer... appreciate any comments on stuff like that  :2thumbs:

Plenty more pics coming  :popcrn:

Not sure about the start date of it.. I was under the impression it was just a model year thing... but, if there's no evidence of black paint, then maybe there wasn't any............
Troy

C500

Tail housings. Getting the black sticky stuff off was a real bastard. It was like tar. Thinners worked the best

C500

Complete Moog front end kit (not all parts are shown). Steel parts are coated in POR14 metal mask. Plan on that one is to keep them looking new, not rusted the day they get wet  :yesnod:

C500

Dash: New Quartz clock, Performance car graphics decals, krylon semi-flat black. Finding the krylon in NZ was like finding the holy grail. Planning to use modellers foil on the top of the dash bezels.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

DC_1

Hemidog

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

C500

Plug fully welded in now....