News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 resto

Started by C500, April 18, 2009, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparchris

WOW!!
I'm stunned to be seeing these pictures.  You bought this car from my brother and we had absolutely no idea the car was that bad.  It just seemed like it needed a little touich up behind the wheels and the trunk floor.  I'm glad you got the sheet metal from Jack o.k. and you are proceeding with the body work.  I'm sure it will look awesome when you are done.  Keep up the good work.   :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on April 18, 2009, 10:05:35 PM
You need Goodyears on that puppy!

:iagree:  That's what I'm talkin' 'bout...........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

watt340

Sweet car, give it some redlines. :2thumbs:

C500

Quote from: moparchris on April 19, 2009, 06:45:22 PM
WOW!!
I'm stunned to be seeing these pictures.  You bought this car from my brother and we had absolutely no idea the car was that bad.  It just seemed like it needed a little touich up behind the wheels and the trunk floor.  I'm glad you got the sheet metal from Jack o.k. and you are proceeding with the body work.  I'm sure it will look awesome when you are done.  Keep up the good work.   :2thumbs:

Thanks Chris. There were quite a few gremlins lurking in the rear, all will be resolved with quality work.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

Quote from: watt340 on April 21, 2009, 12:33:01 PM

redlines are definitely on the menu  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGR

Quote from: Kiwi68 on April 21, 2009, 02:25:19 PM
Quote from: watt340 on April 21, 2009, 12:33:01 PM

redlines are definitely on the menu  :2thumbs:

Hey Kiwi,

I love redlines as well, but the white lines/streaks(Not a whitewall) also look great on a green with white stripe car(See Picture). By the way what the heck is wrong with green, there are alot of people that like it and as rare as these cars are I don't think you can fault it. My :Twocents:

Good luck on the resto, I'm sure it will look sweet.

WINGR

C500

Quote from: nascarxx29 on April 21, 2009, 06:44:04 PM
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5176812&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Interesting range in guesses on what the bug shield one is worth. Does anyone actually know what it sold for last year?

Quote from: WINGR on April 21, 2009, 08:30:52 PM

Hey Kiwi,

I love redlines as well, but the white lines/streaks(Not a whitewall) also look great on a green with white stripe car(See Picture). By the way what the heck is wrong with green, there are alot of people that like it and as rare as these cars are I don't think you can fault it. My :Twocents:

WINGR

Thanks WINGR, I have pics saved of that F8 car too, love it.

hemi68charger

Green, someone say Green?...................... Look at all the green........... :loser:  :thumbup:  :nutkick:  :misbehaving:  :devil:  :blahblah:  :frog:  :image_294343:  :cryin:  :sick:  :icon_smile_approve:  :cglow:

and of course.........  The luck of the Irish...

Good luck on the resto Dunk..... I personally think you should stay with the colored or black steelies with Goodyear raised bold white lettered tires.........

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGR

Quote from: Kiwi68 on April 22, 2009, 01:27:44 AM
Quote from: nascarxx29 on April 21, 2009, 06:44:04 PM
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5176812&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Interesting range in guesses on what the bug shield one is worth. Does anyone actually know what it sold for last year?

Quote from: WINGR on April 21, 2009, 08:30:52 PM

Hey Kiwi,

WINGR

Thanks WINGR, I have pics saved of that F8 car too, love it.

Thanks and I really like your 500 as well. Like Troy had mentioned it looks great with the plain wheels and raised whites. That's a very tough racing look, and being that's what these cars were made for it's a great fit.

Good luck with everything.  :2thumbs:

Take care,
WINGR/Steve

C500

popped the dishes off a while ago for the Nascar look

WINGR

Hey Kiwi, that tire and wheel combo looks pretty sweet. It's too bad that Good Year doesn't make the Wingfoot's or Eagle ST's anymore. They do have the Eagle GT2's but I am not sure if they are as good as the others.

Hey Troy, remember I was saying that "It is easy being green" that is if you are an F8 Charger 500. I know Kermie would agree with me as well.

WINGR

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGR on April 23, 2009, 11:45:50 PM
Hey Kiwi, that tire and wheel combo looks pretty sweet. It's too bad that Good Year doesn't make the Wingfoot's or Eagle ST's anymore. They do have the Eagle GT2's but I am not sure if they are as good as the others.

Hey Troy, remember I was saying that "It is easy being green" that is if you are an F8 Charger 500. I know Kermie would agree with me as well.

WINGR

those tires are labled wong , they should be wingless foot's  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C500

Quote from: moparstuart on April 24, 2009, 09:00:11 AM
those tires are labled wong , they should be wingless foot's  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

:rofl: :smilielol: :lol:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kiwi68 on April 24, 2009, 03:12:23 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on April 24, 2009, 09:00:11 AM

:rofl: :smilielol: :lol:

With my C500, that's my nickname, Wingless..........
Troy

69bronzeT5

I love the look of the car without the doggies! :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C500

rear panel and valence off, almost ready for new trunk floor

69bronzeT5

Wow Kiwi...lot's has been done! You'll like the AMD rear valance (is that where you ordered from I assume?), I love mine. Haven't installed mine yet but it looks awesome :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C500

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 02, 2009, 11:16:49 PM
Wow Kiwi...lot's has been done! You'll like the AMD rear valance (is that where you ordered from I assume?), I love mine. Haven't installed mine yet but it looks awesome :cheers:

The valence has been fixed up and will be put back on. It had a rough repair job previously. It's the AMD trunk floor I have to go in.  :cheers:

PocketThunder

Nice work, my car needs the same and i'm about a year behind you getting started.  i hope.   :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

C500

Here are some shots of the rear crossmember tidied up, repairs on the bottom of the wheel housings and the rear valence coming back to life. My mate Steve has been working on the car with the panelbeater and the guys are doing some superb work.  :yesnod:

tan top

nice work  :yesnod:    looks great  :2thumbs:   :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C500

Been getting the inner frame rails nice and tidying up some of the small stuff. Rails had surface rust and some very minor pitting. Lots of factory paint in there too, in pretty good nick after 40 years.  A couple of before and after shots

C500

Front getting naked.........