News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

filler for body imperfections

Started by green69rt, May 10, 2009, 08:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I'm starting to work on my trunk floor and have some weld imperfections, etc.  The trunk floor has been coated with POR15.  I  have seen some posts that don't recommend using por15 but I'm already there in the trunk so now what?
I have not seen any peeling of the existing POR15, In fact where I had to clean the metal for welding it was taking some work to get it off with a stripper wheel.  Paint remover doesn't seem to do much.

Anyway,  I plug welded the new floor in and then ground down the welds but there are some defects that need to be smoothed over.  I was going to coat the raw metal spots with POR15, then with POR15 Tie coat which is a high build  primer to get the small pits.   There are some low spots that I was going to apply glaze over the primer.  What do you folks recommend??  This is in the trunk so I figure this is the spot to start building my skills with this stuff.