News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shhhhhh, It's alive

Started by mikepmcs, May 25, 2009, 08:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

:icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 17, 2009, 07:43:34 PM
:2thumbs:

Mike, the car looks AWESOME!!!! Better than before!!! I used that second picture as my desktop background....guess what picture I had as my background but replaced it with your Charger.....my Duster! That's right, I replaced a picture of my Duster with your General Lee for my desktop background. That's how sweet your car looks! :cheers: You're making me want a General now :drool5:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikepmcs

Thanks Cody for the kind words.  You come on down here and you can drive it whenever you want. Pictures might do the car too much justice as it really is just a driver but i like it and wouldn't trade it for another. 

So, the charger should be back on the road by weeks end.  Rain coming I hear though.

Some more tweaking and cleaning to do.  gonna run some new gas and see about that tuning issue. 

Mike 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69bronzeT5

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 17, 2009, 08:16:12 PM
Thanks Cody for the kind words.  You come on down here and you can drive it whenever you want. Pictures might do the car too much justice as it really is just a driver but i like it and wouldn't trade it for another. 

You should take it to Carlisle next year ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

Good to see your gettin really close Mike!!  :2thumbs:

Looks REALLY nice too!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Thank you kind sir,  and thanks for the couple boots in the arse along the way.
:cheers:

mopar0166

sweet general, i hope I can get there one day.  mine is driving and running ut still in progress

69*F5*SE

Charger looks cool. Congrats on being so close. That Challenger looks great too.

jb666

WOW, MIKE!!!  :o I'm not sure what I like best, your car(s), your truck, your land or your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome setup.

And you're right, you certainly know how to take a Hell of a picture!

Since we have the same camera (Nikon) let me ask you, what are you using for a lense/filter here (or most often for outdoor shots)??

:popcrn:

mikepmcs

Jeff
Thanks
Actually that was on full auto so I just got lucky literally that they came out decent. I'm just using a uv filter to protect my lens.  If I want to trick it up i can play with settings on the camera.  This time it is unmolested WYSIWYG.  Outdoor shots can get tricky but most of the time the camera will adjust accordingy, just gotta watch where the sun/light is cause it can screw a shot up in a second. Perfect angle, take the shot and there's a fireball in the pic.  We've all been there.  I'm a total amateur but I do enjoy the aspects of photography.  Now Elanmars, that guy can snap em and what an eye!

Ok, i'm off on a tangent but thanks for the kind words. 

Registered the car today.  $38 and i'm all set for a year. :icon_smile_cool:

Anyone got any input on what might be the fix concerning my NSS issue.  2nd switch(cause i had a new one laying around to throw at it) and reverse lights still stay on in drive. 

TylerCharger69

Looks great Mike.....Mine is on the chopping block right now as we speak.  Hopefully  if all goes as planned, it will only be down for 2 or 3 months.  P.S.....I could sure use a set of those Vectors at a decent price...lol

tan top

looks real good Mike  :yesnod:   :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

aone415

We need a sound clip and some video!!! now get on it!

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

PocketThunder

Do you still need a drivers side door pad?  I might have one if i can remember to look for it when i get home tonight. 

PT
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikepmcs

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 23, 2009, 03:09:22 PM
Do you still need a drivers side door pad?  I might have one if i can remember to look for it when i get home tonight. 

PT
I believe Troy(mxzx440} is hooking me up.  Thank you for the offer though.
v/r
Mike

PocketThunder

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 23, 2009, 04:11:46 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on June 23, 2009, 03:09:22 PM

PT
I believe Troy(mxzx440} is hooking me up.  Thank you for the offer though.
v/r
Mike

Minnesota guys sure are nice...  :icon_smile_big:    :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikepmcs

That is a very true statement...very good people out that way and the surrounding states. :2thumbs:

TylerCharger69

Mike....I'm in the process of tearing mine apart....what exactly is the color of your GL?  People tell me mine is too dark, and others say not.  I want to make sure it's correct....but I don't want it to be TOO orange y'know....lol    Thanks....Ace

mikepmcs

Ace,
I went with Big Bad Orange for the repaint.  I could not match whatever crappy color the previous hack blew on there.
BBO is supposedly the color used on the 05 movie cars and because mine looks most like the 05 movie car, I went with that.  It is a very nice color.

Correct would be Corvette Flame Red and maybe that is what is on your car so it appears darker.  Hemo Orange is always a good choice but as far as being correct, once again, it is debated and hashed over again. 
I'm sure MikeDc will chime in here and set us straight.  Jim Shine would really be the guy that I would ask because I value his opinion greatly but Jim doesn't come on this site anymore.  I'll ask him next time I talk to him.

v/r
Mike

TylerCharger69

Big Bad Orange...Is that a Mopar color?

mikepmcs

Don't hold me to this but I believe BBO is an AMC color.  I'm pretty sure when the boys at the Napa mixed it for me last year, my buddy behind the counter said AMC.

tan top

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 01, 2009, 12:35:11 PM
Don't hold me to this but I believe BBO is an AMC color.  I'm pretty sure when the boys at the Napa mixed it for me last year, my buddy behind the counter said AMC.

yeah i think your right  :yesnod:  :scratchchin:  AMC ........ :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TylerCharger69

Well  I do know that LEE 1 is Corvette Flame Red.  I also know that during the series there were many different colors used.  I prefer the darker ones myself.  When I got the first paint job on my car, my knowledge back then wasn't what it is today.  The color that was used back in 1996 on my car was DuPont Imron.  The color was 6543-U.  If this can help anyone with paint expertise and to help me out.  I'm going to go with the Big Bad Orange though.  Car looks great Mike!!!   Just one thing....are you going to paint those Vectors the black color?  I don't know why they make them in Grey like that....

mikepmcs

Ace,
I don't know why they made them gray either.  They are the ARE 47 repops.  I will, however,  leave them as is.  No repaint unless it becomes required and then they will become black.

6543U is Black imron.  That' s all I can come up with. I'm guessing they recoded it since 1996??

Mike

TylerCharger69

Well...I guess they did.  Unless the can had the wrong label on it.  I used to work in a factory that painted all of the Penske trucks.  So they would get that yellow or white by the pallet load. I purchased my paint through that workplace and that was the code according to the little sticker that was on the can.