News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stealth Heads + Exhaust Mani

Started by Purple440, June 11, 2009, 06:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple440

I'm considering buying the Stealth heads for my 440, but I recently installed an Eddy RPM intake manifold and I'm wondering since the ports are bigger on the Stealth health heads compared to my iron 452's, do I have to worry about the runner size of the mani matching the port size?  Not for bolt up, but I mean for performance matching.

Not sure if I explained that right...

- Doug

firefighter3931

Quote from: Purple440 on June 11, 2009, 06:41:49 PM
I'm considering buying the Stealth heads for my 440, but I recently installed an Eddy RPM intake manifold and I'm wondering since the ports are bigger on the Stealth health heads compared to my iron 452's, do I have to worry about the runner size of the mani matching the port size?  Not for bolt up, but I mean for performance matching.

Not sure if I explained that right...

- Doug

Doug, your thread title states exhaust manifolds but you seem concerned about port alignment on the intake manifold ?  :shruggy:

The Stealth heads come with stock sized intake/exhaust ports so the RPM will work fine....no worries. Any header/ex manifold that bolts to a stock head will also work with the Stealth as well. If you do purchase the Stealth heads make sure you upgrade the locks/retainers.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs