News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Christopher Philip Houg Felony Fraud charges filed

Started by dfan, July 27, 2009, 02:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: G-man on June 23, 2018, 02:11:31 AM
Most mechanics steal and over-charge by exploiting others wanting work done.

They just do it legally and get away with it while this dumbass did it illegally and then theres a huge case against him. Typical propaganda garbage.

Most??

Check yourself.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

G-man

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on June 23, 2018, 07:05:12 AM
Quote from: G-man on June 23, 2018, 02:11:31 AM
Most mechanics steal and over-charge by exploiting others wanting work done.

They just do it legally and get away with it while this dumbass did it illegally and then theres a huge case against him. Typical propaganda garbage.

Most??

Check yourself.

The saying wouldn't exist if it wasn't so. I been to 5 different mechanics, same shit with all 5. They see old car and then their labor charge goes up 3x to what is normal. Down here unless you know someone in the car industry you can trust, you need deep pockets to have jerks do stuff for you. Wife took her normal car to simply get a roadworthy, they said 5 things were wrong with the car. She paid them $150 to fix it, all they did was get some steel wool, clean the nodes on the battery and closed the lid. That costs $150? That was a car dealership.

Yet people gonna make a case out of this one guy.  :slap:

c00nhunterjoe

The problem with 90% of the "old cars" that come into my shop are the owners. They have no idea what they are doing, have torn everything apart and changed every possible setting, tow the car in not running, and expect me to fix it for 50 bucks because "it just needs tuned" i dont change my labor rate, but i dont work for free and before i can even start "tuning" i have to fix everything that has been touched. And they NEVER give you the whole story as to what theyve butchered so you are going in blind and starting from scratch.
   Same goes with alignments. Love the guys with the full size jacked up broncos and the 80-97 f series. Any mechanics on here know how bad they can be to set caster and camber on with the balljoint cams. Rust starts the problem, then the cost of each cam, yet those owners expect the regular $99 alignment fee to apply to them as well and feel i should eat the cost of the cams and extra labor to get them installed.
   While alot of mechanics may be crooked, not all of us are. sometimes you are just bringing in junk, and junk cost money to make right.

My experience has been nobody wants to touch the old stuff so they quote you 3x price in hopes you go somewhere else. If they can't plug something in to tell them what's wrong they don't want to know about it. There's plenty of easy money out there so why take on the stuff they don't want to do, now if your prepared to pay 3x the price they become interested...

Needless to say I pretty much do everything I can myself now, and half the time the tools to do it youself are cheaper than the shop quote.

G-man

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 24, 2018, 08:48:27 PM
The problem with 90% of the "old cars" that come into my shop are the owners. They have no idea what they are doing, have torn everything apart and changed every possible setting, tow the car in not running, and expect me to fix it for 50 bucks because "it just needs tuned" i dont change my labor rate, but i dont work for free and before i can even start "tuning" i have to fix everything that has been touched. And they NEVER give you the whole story as to what theyve butchered so you are going in blind and starting from scratch.
   Same goes with alignments. Love the guys with the full size jacked up broncos and the 80-97 f series. Any mechanics on here know how bad they can be to set caster and camber on with the balljoint cams. Rust starts the problem, then the cost of each cam, yet those owners expect the regular $99 alignment fee to apply to them as well and feel i should eat the cost of the cams and extra labor to get them installed.
   While alot of mechanics may be crooked, not all of us are. sometimes you are just bringing in junk, and junk cost money to make right.

:cheers:

I said Most, not all :) Meaning, a vast higher majority screw people over with 'this and that' needs but in end don't do any of it cause there just making up stuff to make extra $ on.

chargervert

The guy that this thread is about is intentionally screwing fellow Mopar enthusiasts over with his shady deals, he has been doing this for years, and never seems to be charged for doing it. He is lucky that street justice has not gotten to him yet.  One day he will cross the wrong guy, and he will get what's coming to him. 

Aero426

Quote from: chargervert on June 25, 2018, 09:44:30 AM
The guy that this thread is about is intentionally screwing fellow Mopar enthusiasts over with his shady deals, he has been doing this for years, and never seems to be charged for doing it. He is lucky that street justice has not gotten to him yet.  One day he will cross the wrong guy, and he will get what's coming to him. 

I had a fellow from Arkansas call right before Xmas last year.   Something about a Hemi Daytona a guy named Chris wants to sell him.   I told him "Send me the numbers".     He sends me Big Willie's King Daytona.      I tell him the car doesn't exist.     He sends me pics of a body shell with stock wheel tubs and a dash with an aged VIN plate (fake).     I send him over to another old timer who confirms to him the car is not real.     So that's where I thought it ends.     

Saturday, I get a call from the same guy in Arkansas.   Right back to where we started in December.   He's still talking to Chris.   He still wants to believe.    I told him to walk away.   I don't think he will listen.   

chargervert

This is exactly the type of fish he is counting on finding. I am sure that there are a lot of other people who he has done this type of thing to,who are too embarrassed to admit that this guy has taken them,because they were told by people in the know, who told them to walk away!  If something seems to good to be true it usually is!

hiwayvigilante

Just bumping up the thread since last post was a year ago

I posted on here Sept 24, 2009 and tried to convince dfan not to depend on law enforcement but he was convinced the law would fix it just as I was back in 2001 when he took me for $10k.

As I said then, the FBI took my case against this piece of shit. Even interviewed him and said they knew he was full of shit. Well 5 years later and a new federal prosecutor in office, my case was dropped in 2006. Not enuff $ for the FBI to fool with it.

For all the naysayers and those who would never let this happen to them, you don't need to read any further.

For all others, Chris Houg is a professional con artist. Do not deal in any way with him or you will be scammed.

Leadsledmercury, modtopchargerrt, xx29dodgecharger and the other 100 or so eBay names he's scammed under are probably closed accts on eBay. These are just a few names he used in 2001 on eBay and if he is still out there, you can bet he's got another 100 names he uses to sell and buy. This guy has screwed over his own mother people. Don't think for 1 second he won't take you to the cleaners

Chris is very smart and very convincing that he is stand up guy and he has scammed hundreds. He buys new cars with fake Info and never makes a payment. He has taken individuals for as much as $40k and probably more many times. It doesn't matter if it's $50 dollars or $50k, he runs the scam. He convinced one that he would work on his old Mopar for him. When the car owner finally found his car in a back yard of Chris's relative, he made the mistake of calling the sheriff's office. Chris told the deputy he was holding the car until the owner paid him for work he had done to it. He had done nothing to the car and the owner had paid him $600 up front to get started with the work. A couple days later when the owner presented enuff evidence to prove what he was saying, the car and Chris we're gone.

Chris claims to have a modtop roadrunner special ordered with a Dodge modtop and at one time it was supposedly in the modtop registry

Kelsey Hayes recall wheels, rimblow steering wheels and plenty more rare expensive Mopar, Chevy, Merc parts are another rip off specialty of his. He has no concious but he does have aliases and addresses out the ass.

Now whether you think dfan, myself and hundreds of others are idiots for being taken or not, you have been warned. If he gets you, don't go to the police. I tried to tell dfan that 10 yemars ago and looks like his Daytona clone is shown in this thread recently with a new owner. I'd bet it wasn't purchased from dfan. Instead try to track Chris down and get your shit back from him personally with much force. If you have to kill him, you will be forever known as a hero to the honest classic car enthusiasts.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 14, 2016, 11:27:58 PM

I'll bet this thread is still going in 2020.

going strong!   couple of months to go!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

djcarguy

Quote from: SWRacerX on January 07, 2016, 09:15:55 PM
I am hoping to hear from Dfan about this. But yes I own it now. :2thumbs: Would like him to confirm the VIN with me.

Quote from: SWRacerX on January 07, 2016, 09:15:55 PM
I am hoping to hear from Dfan about this. But yes I own it now. :2thumbs: Would like him to confirm the VIN with me.

Airmail440

Within an hour of posting my Daytona on E-bay last week got a call from a Harrison in CA  and that # traces back to Christopher Houg and he wanted to buy it now. I tried calling E-bay to find I D's and names and blocking. They were absolutely no help. Any Help in blocking this scammer?

A383Wing

Quote from: Airmail440 on November 01, 2019, 09:41:05 AM
Within an hour of posting my Daytona on E-bay last week got a call from a Harrison in CA  and that # traces back to Christopher Houg and he wanted to buy it now. I tried calling E-bay to find I D's and names and blocking. They were absolutely no help. Any Help in blocking this scammer?

you can block any person from bidding on your auctions....you just need to know the name that they are using and put it in your blocked bidder list

Bryan

69hemidaytona

About 10 years ago I somehow was trying to buy a Daytona nose and other assorted Daytona parts from him. We agreed to meet in a parking lot on a hot summer day in Palm Springs, Ca. Since I had over $10.000.00 in cash on me for the parts and I was suspicious of him I brought some people with me. The parts he brought were junk so I didn't buy them. I noticed though that when he showed up in his old Chevy dually the police showed up and parked across the parking lot and were watching us. As soon as he left , the police left too. It sure looked like they were watching him.

chargervert

I find it hard to believe that this crook continues to try to scam and rob people in this day and age without consequences!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on October 17, 2019, 05:00:21 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on July 14, 2016, 11:27:58 PM

I'll bet this thread is still going in 2020.

going strong!   couple of months to go!

And we are here!

btw, f6daytona profile registered active recently

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=7964

But dFan dissapeared in 2014 and new owner in 2016
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AKcharger

I hope his flesh is roasted for eternity in the fires of Hell

Wakko

dfan may be embarassed to come back.  Yes, he got scammed, but he didn't do his due diligance.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Nacho-RT74

recently somebody at moparts talked about the differences between 72 and lates barracudas from a 70 because did know the 70 gets more money and attention and something like make look a 72 rolling chassis into a 70... and it is from Cali... Just made the initial post and didn't replied anymore... suspicious ?

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ph23vo

he tried to buy my recall wheels for years,,,and my 69 fury VIP W23 recall wheel car.. told him bring cash and come get em! ...

he never did....luckily i was warned about him before that , so i knew..it was fun though..lol

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

AKcharger