News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My official Daytona clone thread! Pictures!! IT RUNS!!!!Video!!`

Started by Charger-Bodie, July 29, 2009, 02:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blown70

May I ask why no A/C. Performance of the motor?

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Blown70 on August 04, 2009, 09:49:20 AM

Not a big fan of A/C in an old car....Clutters up the engine compartment...another thging to give problems.....And if its to hot for me in the car its too hot for a healthy gine to be expected to stay cool.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

yeah i did the opposite and spent all the money to put an ac/ fire wall in
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Blown70

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 04, 2009, 09:51:32 AM

Not a big fan of A/C in an old car....Clutters up the engine compartment...another thging to give problems.....And if its to hot for me in the car its too hot for a healthy gine to be expected to stay cool.

Ok,  :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Stuart, wouldn't it have been better and easier to go with a new Classic Auto Air system like the one that I'm installing in the black runner? It is much more efficient with the R134A since it has larger coils in the evap and condensor. It uses the factory controls and is much cleaner than the factory setup. It also has dehumidified defrost like a factory unit. I drilled two new holes in the firewall and installed the housing. Seems like the entire system with polished compressor and brackets for the six pack motor was less than $1500.
I wish my Charger was a non a/c car.

I've always preferred to not have a/c but that is subject to change.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on August 04, 2009, 10:39:18 AM
Stuart, wouldn't it have been better and easier to go with a new Classic Auto Air system like the one that I'm installing in the black runner? It is much more efficient with the R134A since it has larger coils in the evap and condensor. It uses the factory controls and is much cleaner than the factory setup. It also has dehumidified defrost like a factory unit. I drilled two new holes in the firewall and installed the housing. Seems like the entire system with polished compressor and brackets for the six pack motor was less than $1500.
I wish my Charger was a non a/c car.

I've always preferred to not have a/c but that is subject to change.  ;D
yes but we put the fire wall in the car back in 96- or 97  when that stuff was not so good or so cheap . Plus at that time I was on a making it look factory correct kick .   :Twocents: 

Blown70

To be honest I am torn between having A/C and not.  I have Factory tinted windows in LUCI, and the firewall.  I would like to possibly consider doing an aftermarket A/C but time will tell.

Back to the THREAD at hand.....

THE WING ON THERE YET 1HOT68...... (btw you may need to change or handle when this project is done)?

mopar_nut_440_6

Looks like a great start Brian. I will be watching the progress closely!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

jaak

I didnt even know you were building a Daytona clone, until I seen your ad in the parts wanted section, then found this thread! I look forward to watching this build....I really enjoyed the thread on your 68 build, you do outstanding work.

Keep up the progress,
Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on August 08, 2009, 03:53:12 PM
I didnt even know you were building a Daytona clone, until I seen your ad in the parts wanted section, then found this thread! I look forward to watching this build....I really enjoyed the thread on your 68 build, you do outstanding work.

Keep up the progress,
Jason

Thanks Jason, I really appreciate that. :cheers:

And here is another update on this rusty old sow.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Charger-Bodie

The old mess is out and the nice used section is ready to go in. I even had to fab and replace the rear inner rockers.  :pity:

supserdave

Looking good Brian! Good to see those rails get put to good use.

Blown70

Good work MAN you are really going along on this one..... :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 09, 2009, 12:59:07 PM
The old mess is out and the nice used section is ready to go in. I even had to fab and replace the rear inner rockers.  :pity:

Wanna come over and do that to my Charger? ;) :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

Well Yesterday I spend the whole day driving....I didnt get much work done,but I did pick up a (albiet rough) original nose for my clone. It will need alot of metal work,but im very confident it will be nice when its done.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Holee hail storms Brian!!   What happened to that one???
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 16, 2009, 11:08:03 AM
Holee hail storms Brian!!   What happened to that one???

Im not sure what they hit with it......BUT The worst thing that happened to it was a hack bodyman!!

whoever "fixed" it didnt even have a welder,they bolted baraces over thae cracks and covered the bolt heads with body filler!  :brickwall:

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jaak

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 16, 2009, 11:04:09 AM
Well Yesterday I spend the whole day driving....I didnt get much work done,but I did pick up a (albiet rough) original nose for my clone. It will need alot of metal work,but im very confident it will be nice when its done.

Eventhough its rough, I'd figure finding an original nose would be have the same odds as winning the power-ball. Where did you find it?

Nice score,
Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on August 16, 2009, 03:45:33 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on August 16, 2009, 11:04:09 AM

Eventhough its rough, I'd figure finding an original nose would be have the same odds as winning the power-ball. Where did you find it?

Nice score,
Jason

Believe it or not, It was on Ebay abot a month ago. It didnt sell,I made an offer and we made a deal. I would rather not say who I got it from (mostly cause I dont know if He wants it known) but It was in Indiana.

As for it being rough,yes it is. The thing about it is ,I can make some new parts for it and repair it. I cant make a steel nose from air....you need a pattern to copy from,or atleast I do.When its all said and done I will be able to say that my clone has an original nose.Thats a feeling thats worth the work of repairing this one.

moparstuart

while your making yours brian , I'll take one too   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on August 16, 2009, 04:26:29 PM
while your making yours brian , I'll take one too   :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Heck as long as your making one, start punching out parts for selling them as a kit and pay for your project with nose cone sales..  :shruggy:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69 OUR/TEA

You can save that one Brian,pick & file that baby right out!!!