News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

Was almost 80 here yesterday so I was able to take it out for a spin.

Laxy

My 2 year old son discovered that '68 taillights were a good place to store rocks. Another reason '68s are the best...  :smilielol:

free picture uploadcertificity.com
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

twenty mike mike

Pointing toward the driveway that isn't there yet, for the house that isn't there yet, either.

brad mcintyre

slumbers

Here's some pictures of my 68 R/T originally from the Oregon which has taken 2 years to complete

slumbers

And before..... car was originally Yellow with Black tailstripes  ;)

Laxy

71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

rikubot

How difficult was it to change out that quarter?
'69 Charger, 440/727

slumbers

That's the biggest job , and panel , I've ever tackled ,apart from the trunk floor . I Cut the old one off in 15 minutes ,that's the easy bit , cleaning up all the old welds time consuming  then lots of adjusting with the trunk lid , rear screen aperture , roof and I left the door on as it had never ever been removed , my car has original rockers . The factory pop rivetted the quarter to the sail fairing and then lead loaded it ! I have welded it on . The panel is very heavy and flops around so lots of clamps and self tappers to accurately place it before any welding . Took probably 12 hours in all .....not an easy task . I bought the panel from Classic Industries , the quality and fit was extremely good .

brad mcintyre

the lower quarters came with my car had no names on them . I see why I would not admit it if I made them . I had to cut them in pieces and they don't have proper lip around wheels the two body line missed by half an inch . never done this before so I thought I have quarters I'm good .now I am trying to decide weather to bondo in lip 

rikubot

Quote from: brad mcintyre on May 01, 2017, 06:27:49 PM
the lower quarters came with my car had no names on them . I see why I would not admit it if I made them . I had to cut them in pieces and they don't have proper lip around wheels the two body line missed by half an inch . never done this before so I thought I have quarters I'm good .now I am trying to decide weather to bondo in lip 

I heard that AMD is the best choice for mopar. I've read that they are great fitting pieces but some do have the occasional short comings
'69 Charger, 440/727

slumbers

The rear quarter was classic Industries " restorers choice " and the lower rear section on the passenger side is an AMD section which I purchased after welding on a very poor repair section bought on eBay which did not have the lower body sharp swage line behind the wheel / opening pressed into it at all (it was more curved not a sharp line )and the wheel arch curve was poor too . After much shaping including test fitting the stainless wheel arch trim numerous times , I cut off the repair section and welded in the AMD section . £300 of wasted money , shipping, import duty and 2 weeks further waiting ! The AMD panel is nicely made and fitted reasonably well .
Moral of the story don't buy cheap parts ( especially when they are at least 4000 miles away ) you get what you pay for  ::) ::)

rikubot

Slumbers, you get extra kudos for not living in the US. I can imagine how difficult and/or expensive resources are to come by. Not to mention the wait time.
'69 Charger, 440/727

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

slumbers

Thanks ! Expensive .....yep . I restored a 65 Mustang coupe about 8 years ago which is easier for parts from one source . There doesn't seem to be too many suppliers for these cars for panels and trim parts, so it gets costly on shipping ,if you preplan ahead well enough you can buy in bulk  but sometimes you just need the one part you had'nt thought of . Then there's the duty to the tax man ....hate paying that rip off......and minimum shipping time usually 10 days. Best shippers are Summit Racing ordered on a Sunday evening arrived Friday morning !! The internet and this and other forums has been so helpful , considering when the car arrived it had an engine block on 2 blocks of 2x2 in the bay , pair of heads attached with 2 bolts each , no ancillaries , mounts, radiator, driveshaft etc and the transmission in the trunk !! A very daunting prospect ......I bought it in November 2014 for $12500  and total cost has been approx $43000 incl purchase price ,shipping etc . The parts being the bulk of the cost , my labour free !
Not sure I could have bought a full restored car even then for that money ? Been waiting 59 years to drive one of these , I'm just waiting for my English Registration documents to arrive, I have only driven it 1 mile at 30 mph to be tested at my local garage so my local quiet town is in for a shock when I go test it out  :2thumbs:

alfaitalia

Where in the UK are you mate....I'm Bognor Regis, West Sussex.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

slumbers

Quote from: alfaitalia on May 03, 2017, 07:59:08 AM
Where in the UK are you mate....I'm Bognor Regis, West Sussex.
Burgess Hill 😎

TPR

"Yes, very nice!
Tire/wheel sizes?"

Hey BDF, they are 15x8's all round with 245's up front and 295's on the rear.
Cheers,
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

BDF

Quote from: TPR on May 04, 2017, 04:33:43 AM
"Yes, very nice!
Tire/wheel sizes?"

Hey BDF, they are 15x8's all round with 245's up front and 295's on the rear.
Cheers,
TPR
Thank you!  :cheers:

lukedukem

Took the cover off and took it for a long over due cruise

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

family_dodge