News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Death Proof Charger

Started by stuntman mike, September 20, 2009, 12:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuntman mike

Thanks for the pics....they really match.....

I had some discussions with the authority, and made some smaller changes, that I allready change back.
The car is reinforced from the front to the end with a steelconstruction.
I live in the North of Sweden, in a little town call Luleå. Its 100 miles from the Arctic circle and in the end of bay of Bothnia.(55000 people).

I think Sweden is the country, outside The U.S with so many vintage American cars.

Hemidog

Jøss, har du importert bilen til Sverige? ikke gærnt.

I'm surprised that swedish authority accepts that car like it is, I thought that they would be stricter.

Mike DC

That is exactly the shot that I was referring to.  I would be very surprised if it was not this particular car.  You can see most sides of the car in this shot because it rotates around before coming to a stop. 

The car in this shot also shares the same damaged roof from being rolled over (probably accidentally) during filming, which was not supposed to happen to that car during that portion of the chase.  The roof damage on this car is clearly not related to the final rollover of the film, which occurred after the Charger(s) got the severe damage at the rear end.  This car obviously never recieved the rear-ending damage, not even faked. 

stuntman mike

Here is my picture............ ferfect match!

Thanks for the "moviepics" 1BAD68 and Mike DC

stuntman mike

I now about 3 other of the "DP Chargers: One:I Have a spare roof from a crashed one.
Two: Body intact, but nothing inside, beside a steelconstruction and no engine. Sold in Sweden to a guy that made it into a "General Lee".
Three: Smashed in the back and everywhere else, no engine, also only a steelconstruction inside(Radiocontrolled or something) . Owns by the same guy that helped me with my import.

And I thing two of "Challengers" also sold to Sweden.

Hejja Norge!

Charger440RDN

All it needs is two doors, two fenders, hood, 2 full quarters, grill, trunk lid, rear valence..........Just kidding  :smilielol: I would leave it like it is too, I think it has "character" this way  :lol: not just another charger.

LeadfootBob

We demand burnout clips immediately! Elda elda elda!
You should stick some serious tires on that bad boy and run it on the lake once it's cold enough, nobody would dare overtake you  :D
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

aussiemuscle

Quote from: stuntman mike on September 20, 2009, 01:15:34 PM
I don't want to change it..........Its runs like a rocket.
Great. Do keep it like it is. a piece of automotive history. shame the other one was turned into a dukes car, you might end up with the only running DP charger.

MoparManJim

Quote from: LeadfootBob on September 22, 2009, 03:10:03 PM
We demand burnout clips immediately! Elda elda elda!

I have an idea, put some tires on your head, and do a burn out, then tell us how it feels  ::)  :smilielol: 

You seen one burn out you seen them all just about.  :shruggy: 

QuoteYou should stick some serious tires on that bad boy and run it on the lake once it's cold enough, nobody would dare overtake you  :D

If he doesn't fall through with 2 tons of vehicle.  :smilielol:

LeadfootBob

Quote from: MoparManJim on September 22, 2009, 06:35:09 PM
If he doesn't fall through with 2 tons of vehicle.  :smilielol:
Let's put it this way... Where do you think Sam Hubinette learned to drift?  :D
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Ghoste

Interesting that so many of the cars ended up in Sweden.

Khyron

Wish you where around these parts. I want to get a GL, my car, Blade, F and F and your car together some day hehehe

think of the confusion people would have with that picture LOL

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

elacruze

Quote from: Ghoste on September 23, 2009, 08:40:46 AM
Interesting that so many of the cars ended up in Sweden.

I was in Stockholm in '02. I remember Saturday night (the sun didn't set until like 11pm) and heard that familiar Gratiot Avenue rumble...suddenly a parade of American Muscle came by that would have made Detroit or L.A. proud. My friend there said, "We love the U.S. Your system is a great start to go forward from".  :icon_smile_blackeye: But she was right, in many ways. Across from the villa we stayed at was a race shop with a 40' Hoosier Racing Tires trailer...they take drag racing as seriously as we do.

What's the total population of Sweden right now? Something like metropolitan L.A. if I recall correctly.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

stuntman mike

We share the same "carculture" in Sweden.
In July we have "the Worlds largest American car meet called "Power meet", with 9000 cars this year.
Classic car week in august, 7000 to 9000 cars.And the people are between 16-70 years old.
We have "mopar at the strip" with 500 mopars this year.

Myself, I have never own a car without American V8, since the seventies.

Cooter

Did anyone else notice in the movie that right under the driver's side door handle in one of the close ups, you could plainly see Orange paint? I think there were some General Lee clones torn up in that movie. :rotz:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

MoparManJim

Quote from: Cooter on September 24, 2009, 12:24:51 AM
Did anyone else notice in the movie that right under the driver's side door handle in one of the close ups, you could plainly see Orange paint? I think there were some General Lee clones torn up in that movie. :rotz:

Really? i have to rewatch again for that sometime.. about the orange paint that is.

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: MoparManJim on September 24, 2009, 12:42:27 AM

Really? i have to rewatch again for that sometime.. about the orange paint that is.

Maybe it wasn't a clone... they could have bought some or one of the left of GLee's from the movie shoots that never made it in the film that are floating around the market.  :shruggy: Or maybe they did use a clone... hopefully it was ratted up if they did... even then... tsk tsk.

stuntman mike

That Charger that was sold, and converted to a "General Lee".... the owner fond some orange paint on the car, and
and marked  under the dash "general lee".

autoxcuda

Here's the "Death Proof" Challenger that was for sale at Spring Fling 2007.

Fall Fling 25
Special 25th Anniversary show!

October 24, 2020
Irwindale Dragstrip, Irwindale  CA
www.cpwclub.com
show cars, swap, drags !

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: autoxcuda on September 24, 2009, 01:56:03 AM

I guess this one was pre-rear ending as well  :2thumbs:

Finn

Wonder if that's the same one from the storage lot... :scratchchin:

Ill check on my way to work in a bit!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Khyron

Quote from: autoxcuda on September 24, 2009, 01:56:03 AM

buy it and put it on the drivers side door. See if the paint matches ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

miller

Its is your car to do with what you want...

but please keep it like that, its bad ass! Not everyone gets to have a reason to have a beat up car!

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

aussiemuscle

No, but i did notice in one scene a door is missing the inside trim and you can see dark green there. (i think it's just before he gets out and gets shot.)

stuntman mike

The more I drive it, the more I like it, as it is.

Maybee in the future I get one original. Mine has been "green" when its was born.