News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Specialty Wheels dodgecharger.com Group Buy

Started by bull, October 12, 2009, 05:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Here is the latest from Specialty Wheel regarding our dodgecharger.com discount (3/23/2018):

"We will continue to extend a discount for your forum.  Generally per wheels will be a 20% off.  I want to be clear on saying Generally.  Not everything that we are selling will be available for a discount of 20%." For example, in October of 2015 I bought a new 15x8 Magnum 500 to replace a bent, used wheel I had acquired. I got an 11% discount, so it does depend on the type of wheel and other factors. The regular price was $169 for the 15x8 Magnum and I got it for $150.41 with an additional $27 for shipping to Oregon.

Today I contacted Eric Davis to make sure this discount is still in effect. As long as you follow the procedure of picking out your wheels from the link below, calling Eric and mentioning the dodgecharger.com group buy when you order, you will get a discount. If you want, ask Eric how much your discount is going to be before you pay.

Eric Davis
Customer Service Representative
Phone: 1-800-959-5800 ext. 251
ericd@specialtywheel.com

View the wheels here. Currently there are seven styles to choose from:
https://www.cokertire.com/wheels.html#make_model=10767&tire_type_multi=10838

Do NOT order the wheels through the website expecting this discount. ALWAYS contact Eric to order/purchase your wheels.

bull

bull

bull

Three things I want to mention that Specialty no longer offers:

1. From what I can tell Specialty no longer carries the 16X7, 16X8 and 17X8 Magnums. See chart below for available sizes. If you want something larger than the typical 54 Series Magnum 500 and the Road Wheel there are companies that sell the 16", 17" and 18" Magnums (usually aluminum) such as Dynacorn and American Racing. Do a web search and you'll find options.

2. Eric said Specialty no longer offers discounted blem wheels.

3. Specialty no longer offers custom backspacing, so the days of fiddling with the back spacing to fill the wheel well to your desired taste are over. This is not a Specialty-only thing too because I contacted Wheel Vintiques and they said the same thing, no more custom backspacing.

One other very important thing you need to know is that all of Specialty's wheels (like all two-piece wheels) are lug-centric which means they need to be spin balanced by the lug holes not the hub. If you don't have them balanced at the lug holes they will vibrate unless you get really lucky. You will have to call around to find someone who can do this but a good tire guy can get it done and most tire shops have what they call a "fingers" attachment that they can use to balance lug-centric wheels.

Specialty did have plans at one point to sell tires also and will one day supposedly have the ability to mount and balance wheel/tire sets in-house so all the customer has to do is buy and install if so desired, but I have yet to see that offered. You can always call and ask.

(3/23/2018) As you can probably tell, Coker seems to have bought out Specialty and now you can buy the same wheels through Summit Racing. I would do a cost comparison between the Coker site with our discount and Summit Racing, however, I didn't see Magnum 500s in Summit's Mopar section. It's possible they have lumped them in with a Ford section but when I looked for Ford Magnums I couldn't find those either. Anyway, just another angle for you to explore if you want.

bull

bull

bull

Near as I can tell, Specialty Wheel no longer has the OE-style dog dish hub caps available. You might try calling Eric to verify this but I cannot find them anymore. If you learn something different please send me a PM.

bull

9/5/11 - To answer a few questions I've been getting, yes, this "group buy" is still good because Specialty has us set up as a vendor. It has no expiration date.

10/16/2015 - Yes, we are still in good standing. :2thumbs:

03/23/2018 - Yes!

bull

bull

Eric Davis
Customer Service Representative
1-800-959-5800 ext. 251

https://www.cokertire.com/wheels.html#make_model=10767&tire_type_multi=10838

1317 Chestnut Street
Chattanooga, TN 37402
Fax: 503-491-8823
ericd@specialtywheel.com

triple_green

I just contacted Eric D from Coker Tire (old specialty wheels) about their Magnum 500s. His email has changed to:

EricD@Coker.com

866-516-3215 x251

Generally the Club gets 10% off retail with some different amounts depending on the item.

They do have 15x8 Magnum 500s in stock in most parts of the country.

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)