News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whats this relay for??

Started by 268RTs4ME, October 23, 2009, 08:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

268RTs4ME

Someone please inform me as to what this is and its purpose. I am thinking it is for seat belt stuff but don't know, I am working on my 74 RR and it was missing from my firewall, and wires that plugged into it were crossed together to complete its circuit. Some kind of reset box?? I put one on it. Now what i need to know is what its purpose is and also what kind of problems it may cause me. I was having problems with car running, it would run for awhile, and when you drove down the road and it got warmed up it would die. after cool down would start back up, so I  replaced control box and pickup in dist. Last Saturday was at show and driving home stopped to get gas, would not start up, after about fifteen minutes of cussing and a jump it started, took home and put in garage. next day cranked and found that it wasn't getting fuel, so replaced fuel pump, and new fuel filter, and rebuilt thermoquad. Had to pump hell out of it to get started, finally started, let run for about 5 minutes , adjusted out carb,went for ride, probably drove 25 miles, ran great, came home turned it off, tried to see if it start again, no way, so had girlfiend crank over, I pulled coil wire out of cap to see if it was firing, will only fire 1 (one) time when you first start cranking, then no fire. flip key back off crank again and will only fire one time. then no fire again, what I mean by fire one time is with coil wire help over by metal so it will spark, first turn over spark, after that no spark. anybody got any Ideas?

b5blue

Seat belt interlock, do a search here Nacho posted a video and a bunch of info.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

268RTs4ME

Thanks for the information, checked out link and printed it.