News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yr one quarter pannels

Started by darkside, November 28, 2005, 06:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkside

How many people have used these on their 69 chargers and did they look right after put on and painted. My 69 had some bondo patch work in the 80's so i'm replacing both quarters with the yr one's and repainting my car.

694spdRT

I used the Goodmark quarter panels which is what Year One and every other supplier sells. They are not perfect and will need plenty of work to be straight but, short of NOS or used they are the only game in town right now.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Mfr426

I put them on my charger years ago. If you do it the right way (save the original door seam and tail seam and splice the rest in) I think you'll be happy. I did mine using the entire YO quarter including the part that wraped around the door. That was a mistake. If you can save the door edge and buttweld the new panel in a few inches from the door you'll be MUCH happier.

Mike R

Drop Top

I agree with both replies. The middle body line is more rounded then the origanal. To get the crisp look like it was from the factory. Use a long block and block up to the body line and stop before you go past it. Then come from the other side and do the same thing. Do this everytime you block the car. (I usually block these at least 4 times) This will bild up the line. Then on the last blocking go ahead and block over it. This will round out the edges a little bit and even out the line. If you do it this way, it will give your 1/4s that OH-Sh*t!! Factor. This line is probley the most important line on the entire car.

Skull-1

I thought they were pretty flimsy myself.

I have a set that I have never used if you want them.

I'll give you a good deal on 'em.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6231.0.html

1969 Dodge Charger "Ol' Yeller"
1991 Buick Regal Custom
1992 Buick Regal Custom
1995 Buick Regal Gran Sport
1996 Buick Regal SE (R.I.P.)

cudaken

They may be goodmark now but I don't think so. Good Mark was Chevy when I bought one from Year One in 1992 after I was nailed by a Semi.

Try a local supplier for after market parts for collision. Lot of then carry rust repair parts. If you cannot find them vendor in the yellow pages, call some local shop's and see if they will help.

One thing I have learned, not all the stampings do not come out the same. If you can find a local vender go look and pick out the best panel! Seen some where there was only a hint of a bodyline, some there was one but still some what faint. Heck when I was doing one Charger the panel came in looking like they started to make a battry tray in the center of it! I am not kidding either. Put all I needed was front and rear of the wheel well low so I used it.

Drop Top, only 4 blockings? ;D  My left one was better then the orginal only because there where no holes! :icon_smile_blackeye: Spent 40 hours on that side but is straight and crisp. Well just a little to sharp but but looks great.

Cuda Ken
I am back

694spdRT

CudaKen

There were some cheap quarters back in the early '90's that did not have the 4" or 5" deep upper quarter line or marker light cut outs. I have a set...they junk and are only good for patches.

I think the Goodmarks are all the major suppliers sell now and I agree it is good to check them out first for flaws. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi