News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Valiant Charger in Jakarta Indonesia (Classic car Show.)

Started by Jonas_N, December 28, 2009, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_N

Story:
I was on vacation in Jakarta Indonesia and happened to stumble upon their Classic car Show.
Now Jakarta is not a city for cruising in your car so I was very curious about this show.
I had no hopes of finding a Charger...but among some Mustang Mach 1, Fiats, Mercedes, Buicks, Chevys etc...I found this little gem:

Jonas_N

More pics:

Jonas_N

Even more:

Ghoste

Of the three shocking things in this thread (to me) I'm not sure which hits me the most.  Vacationing in Indonesia at this time of year (I know there are tons and tons of people who do it, I just don't know any personally so it was a surprise to me), going to a classic car show in Jakarta (I know we don't have the world lock on classic car shows, it's just that again, not what I expected), or seeing an Australian Charger customized like that (no doubt there are plenty but I've never seen one)!
Cool eye opening thread man.  :2thumbs:

Jonas_N

My wife is from Jakarta so it really wasnt a vacation.  ;)

Yeah, about the show, I had no idea that it existed, I mean driving in the traffic in Jakarta is a nightmare.) And the quality of the roads....)
One of my wifes brothers knew that I have a 68 and he had seen an ad for a classic car show...and there we went.

I tried to look under the hood, but no luck there.  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

So is there much of a classic car scene overall in Indonesia?  Meaning, are those strictly show car that are rarely seen or are some of them driven?

Jonas_N

I dont know so much about the scene....but i do now that the traffic in Jakarta is crazy, you would never want to drive your classic there.
And the roads are very bad with lots of bumps and dirt.

The only "not normal" car I have ever seen was a Ferrari in the very luxurious center of Jakarta (The only small area that have decent roads.)

The show had about say 150-200 cars, and my guess is that that is the classics you would find in Jakarta?

BB1

Delete my profile

BROCK

Quote from: BB1 on December 28, 2009, 02:36:31 PM
I wish Dodge made one like that now.

Would sell alot better than they could hope & cost less to build too!!!!!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

G-man

Looking at the front of that I thought it was a new style Dodge Charger (69 model)....

Why cant they simply do that, stretch the sail panels and quarters back and you got a dodge charger that looks like a charger just like challenger looks like a challenger... DODGE?  :slap:

nakita7

charger Downunder

[/quote]

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html