News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Mopar restoration TV Show

Started by Hemidoug, January 10, 2010, 01:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Maybe this Mark chap can restore that old Ebay Daytona then.....

Yep, I'd even watch that one....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Armudster

Looks like a great show, finally we will have an all Mopar show, I liked the trailer, and I think a little drama doesn't  hurt if you concentrate mainly at the builds, let's face it drama sells, if there have to be a show like that without any drama it wouldn't go on tv on the first place.
Keep up the good work and I hope you guys a lot of luck with the show!!!  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

200MPH

Charger

Just 6T9 CHGR

Looks like a very cool show.  I do however agree with others.....take the drama out of it.

If I need some drama I'll just watch Snooki & The Situation on the Jersey Shore ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

I'm looking forward to the stories of the cars and how they research the history. This could bring Mopar values back up again. I know it made me proud to be a Mopar owner.  :coolgleamA:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

moparstuart

great concept for a show i hope it flies
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

66FBCharger

The trailer looks great! I love the fact they are only going to be doing Mopars. I will be watching every week.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Nacho-RT74

MARK... DO YOU NEED SOME HELPER ON ELECTRICIAN RESTO ? LOL ( I think I can do something about  :angel: )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

THE STIG

Hell yeah I'll watch that when's it on?

Nacho-RT74

and Mark I'm with you, that save a damaged panel but ORIGINAL is better and more valuable than a complete new piece replacement. Thats why I stopped to watch Overhauling and similars. I still have in mind when were restoring Lance Amstrong convert Firebird, and JUMPING OVER THE DOOR just because it had a dent, and got a replacement repro piece :brickwall:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

moparstuart

I agree the more original stuff you can keep from the car the better .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

That's all good with cars worth a couple hundred grand. But when you're paying someone to do 60 hours of work for a small panel as he talked of, it's not always the best way to go. Original is best, but to what cost. I can't wait for the show.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Graveyard Carz

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to comment on a couple items.

I know by the looks of the 8 minute trailer online, the show appears to have it's fair share of drama. However, the show is mostly about the restoration of poor condition Mopars and the challenges and hurdles that come with it. There is a lot of research, fun research I think, about the history of each car. I have always loved searching out previous owners and learning about the history of the car and of course where parts from the car might be now. Mos of the ideas that I'm reading both here in this forum and on others are elements that exist in the show but are not able to be seen in the brief trailer. I think once we're broadcast most of those elements will come out to most folks satisfaction. However, I will always listen to the fans and viewers for ideas and input that can help GYC continue to grow and help keep our beloved Mopars on the road.

One of the comments on here hit close to home for me and it's to do with trying to save a panel vs replace it on a Mopar that might not have the value of a Six Pack or Hemi. This is a valid point and of course every car is different. I think replacing a panel when necessary on a car that might not have a large resale value is not only okay but right thing if done correctly. Ie: duplicating factory spot welds, coatings, finish, etc..

I look forward to reading all of the comments you folks take time to post and hope to get to know everyone here...Great cars and great people! I enjoy this forum very much.

Mark
The Undertaker

Armudster

Quote from: Graveyard Carz on January 12, 2010, 08:46:03 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to comment on a couple items.

I know by the looks of the 8 minute trailer online, the show appears to have it's fair share of drama. However, the show is mostly about the restoration of poor condition Mopars and the challenges and hurdles that come with it. There is a lot of research, fun research I think, about the history of each car. I have always loved searching out previous owners and learning about the history of the car and of course where parts from the car might be now. Mos of the ideas that I'm reading both here in this forum and on others are elements that exist in the show but are not able to be seen in the brief trailer. I think once we're broadcast most of those elements will come out to most folks satisfaction. However, I will always listen to the fans and viewers for ideas and input that can help GYC continue to grow and help keep our beloved Mopars on the road.

One of the comments on here hit close to home for me and it's to do with trying to save a panel vs replace it on a Mopar that might not have the value of a Six Pack or Hemi. This is a valid point and of course every car is different. I think replacing a panel when necessary on a car that might not have a large resale value is not only okay but right thing if done correctly. Ie: duplicating factory spot welds, coatings, finish, etc..

I look forward to reading all of the comments you folks take time to post and hope to get to know everyone here...Great cars and great people! I enjoy this forum very much.

Mark

Great stuff, keep us posted about when it will begin, I saw on the trailer what looks like a computer simulation of a crash, that is very cool, it's like crossing Cold Case/CSI with E.R. but instead of people, there is all Mopar lol, it seems to have a lot of stuff together, you have everything to be the best show about restoration(or cars in general), hope everything turns OK and the show starts soon!!!
Best of luck  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

66chargerkid

Sounds like this show may get its chance.
DVR WOOHOO!

1969chargerrtse

Welcome to the site Mark and thanks for the info.  One question. WHEN WILL THE SHOW BE ON THE AIR, I CAN'T WAIT!  :woohoo:

Graveyard Carz

We currently are shopping our program to the networks. Currently we are not under contract. Hopefully, through our friends help and support we will get a deal very soon. I will keep everyone updated as I hear things. -Mark
The Undertaker

41husk

Sounds like the kinda show History or the learning channel might be interested in as well.  Best of Luck and keep us informed.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Belgium R/T -68

Looks like I have to buy that satelite antenna after all, the US shows worth looking at arrives here years and years after they were showed in the US. :brickwall:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Sublime/Sixpack

I'd be interested in watching the program, but could do without the slamming of co-workers. Yes I know, it's television, but still.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

poppa

The only way the show will work is if you hire me (for the $$ Paulie Jr Is making,OCC),I'll have a tv family,wife with some life threatning disease,two uncontrolable teenagers,a mistress,divorced mother next door,a cat that won't stop crappin in my chair and I walk around with teretts bitch slapping everyone.  Please contact my agant asap. ;D

Seriously,no drama,copying OCC,or BS reality fake crap. I'd watch the rest,the actual workin stuff.
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

Graveyard Carz

Hello Fellow Mopar Lovers...

I just wanted to give everyone an update here. Earlier in the week I was approached by a large Entertainment Group to represent us to the networks. We have signed with them and they are very excited for our show. The agent said he thought we'd have no trouble getting on Speed, however he thinks that History Channel might be a better home for Graveyard Carz. I guess they have a much larger audience. So that was great news.

Then today I finalized a deal with one of the Mopar Magazines to be featured in a 4 page expose. We're not sure what month because there's a lot of information gathering that they need to do. As soon as I am at liberty to say the magazine name I will let everyone know to look for it.

Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement and help in getting GYC on the air.

-Mark   :popcrn:
The Undertaker

Graveyard Carz

Dang I forgot...here is a link to the extended trailer for any of you who have not had a chance to view what Graveyard Carz is about...

www.graveyardcarz.com

Thank You,

-Mark
The Undertaker

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic