News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Dodge Charger '69 R/T 440cid

Started by Charger´69, March 10, 2010, 09:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Congrats on the daily driver and thanks for the update.  Although I don't know about that 8:71?

Baldwinvette77

Bob T

Hey bud, been a while, good to hear the old Charger is still going well, I've done around 7000 miles since mine got here in Dec 2011, man, I know you guys must so look forward to driving the cool cars when the snow is gone.
Good score on the 300C .
Happy Christmas from NZ   :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger´69

Hello guys! It seems that I haven´t updated this topic again for a while  ::)

But Charger is fine, waiting again summer, there is still snow in Finland so I haven´t drove it a while. Charger is always in warm garage so it´s still as good as it was years ago. I haven´t done anything to it, only basic maintenance and of course some cruising on summer  :2thumbs:

I´ve been thinking of somekind of supercharger or fuel injection, I think I´ll have to do even something to it, otherwise this is too easy just to drive it  :icon_smile_wink:

Do you have any experience of this Edelbrock E-Street EFI fuel injection? It should be pretty easy to install, because you doesn´t have to do any changes to fuel lines or tank, there is that "fuel sump kit" available that is very innovative solution. I just red few articles of this, and it is kind of interesting. I mean this kit: http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/edl-3606/overview/

One thing I love on this old cars is that these are very simple, but now after few years driving this Charger with carburetor, I kind of miss that driveability that comes with good fuel injection. It might be that I just let it be with carburetor, it is so simple, but these new easy to install and self learning fuel injections come all the time more and more interesting  :drool5:
Plymouth Fury "Christine's Sister" 4x4 6-71 1959
Dodge Charger R/T 440cid 1969
Pontiac Trans Am T-top SuperBandit 400cid 1978
Jeep Cherokee Renegade 4x4 3.7 2006

Challenger340

Geezuz,  great looking Charger ! I really like the color  :2thumbs:
You should be proud.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Charger´69

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 05, 2015, 09:28:22 AM
Geezuz,  great looking Charger ! I really like the color  :2thumbs:
You should be proud.

Thanks! I AM very proud  :cheers: (even at first I really wanted black/black '68  :D )

Here is one pic that my friend took last summer when I was cruising with my friends  :icon_smile_cool:

Charger´69

Hello guys! Life continues with Charger, I bought this 2009 so pretty much 7 years now we´ve been living together  :2thumbs:

I´ve noticed that this is that kind of car, where you won´t ever lose your interest. And last years have been great, just basic maintenance and cruising, that´s all. I´ve been searching 8-71 blower for this few months, that is something I will try in future. It´s an great cruiser now with a little bit over 400 horsepower and you can spin tires when you´re willing to, but it would be BEAST with blower. I know it´s not maybe the best solution to get more power, but this question is more like attitude question, there is nothing more beautiful than Charger with blower...  :2thumbs: But I think this is something I will do in next year or year after that or so, there is no any rush with this.

Do you guys have any experience about these MSD Ready to Run distributors? I could get one with a reasonable price, it´s 2 years old. I was just thinking that I still have original distributor with MSD Blaster 2 coil, that would it make any improvements to how engine response or makes power. I have also Performer RPM intake and Holley Street Avenger 770cfm on that 440cid Magnum, otherwise pretty stock.

PS. Here is "family picture", all of my Mopars together in sunny day  :yesnod: My daily driver is 300C Hemi and other "free time" car is Jeep Wrangler with 4.0 HO + auto tranny, week ago I took top and doors off from Wrangler so now it is very nice car in warm weathers  :coolgleamA: Charger is a little bit sad looking in this picture, lot of dust top of it after winter but it´s cleaned and shiny now  :coolgleamA:

Mikesmoparperformance

No Leave it as it! Or get a  second hood and cut that up.. For the look so you can go back to this :2thumbs:

A blower blocks your view of this beautiful hood! :drool5:

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

moparnation74

IMO, I would NOT change a thing.....It already has the looks and attitude :2thumbs:

Charger´69

Yes, you´re both pretty much correct, it´s almost perfect  :2thumbs: And of course I won´t destroy original hood, it need to be possible to return it back to like it is now if I don´t happen to like that blower. But it is still definately something I will try  :icon_smile_wink:

I won´t ever do nothing like that, that this isn´t anymore possible to return to current condition. Because, like you said, it´s perfect, I think that it is almost perfect...  :D

myk

Get a fiberglass hood if you want to cut one up.  Much easier to find and probably cheaper than trying to find an OEM hood you're going to destroy anyway....
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Charger´69

Quote from: myk on June 01, 2016, 05:37:48 PM
Get a fiberglass hood if you want to cut one up.  Much easier to find and probably cheaper than trying to find an OEM hood you're going to destroy anyway....

Yeah, of course fiberglass, it´s much cheaper also  :yesnod: But this might take some time, I´m searching used blower because this is more like experiment so no any stress with time schedules  :icon_smile_big:

Charger´69

I just got new MSD Ready-to-run distributor, let´s see if it´ll be a bit better than my original distributor. I´ve got some issues with this old distributor, engine seems to like 36-38 degrees spark advance WOT, but if it´s adjusted like that, it will knock somewhere 3000-4000rpm WOT sometimes. I had to adjust spark advance to 30 degrees to avoid knocking to be safe. I hope this new one will help this issue, and of course spark should be also stronger.

I have adjustment springs also, that I can try different ignition curves if basic setup won´t work. There is kind of big diffrence on engine power on higher rpm when spark advance is 36-38 degrees vs. 30 degrees..  :yesnod:

I´ve heard lot of things about these MSD ready to run distributors, but I like the idea that everything you need is integrated to distributor, no need for external ignition modules etc., only external ignition coil is needed  :2thumbs:

Charger´69

Yesterday was a very warm day here in Finland so we spended that day by cruising Charger  :2thumbs: This color looks pretty awesome when sun is shining  :coolgleamA:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger´69

Winter is coming here in Finland pretty soon, so we did take our muscle cars for last ride and burned some rubber. This is my friends 1968 Ford Torino GT Fastback FE390cid and my 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 440cid  :cheers: I think this picture is awesome, I like it a lot!  :2thumbs: I hope you guys like it also  :yesnod:

Charger´69

Hello! It´s once again long time since I last updated this topic. Charger is still fine, and I think better than ever  :2thumbs:

Something what I´ve done to it during this year:
- Engine is better adjusted now than ever, there is much more torque now than before
- I changed those HEMI emblems from doors to R/T emblems
- Also I changed those valve cover gaskets that I already bought 7 years ago  :D

And I have some parts waiting for installation:
- New big aluminium radiator with 2 powerful electric fans and catch can
- MSD Ready to run distributor

Still searching 6-71/8-71 blower  :RantExplode:

Here is now few pictures from this summer, I haven´t had time to drive Charger much this summer because I bought back that Camaro Iroc-Z what I had 2003-2010 before this Charger and it have needed lot of time to get running well. At that time I had to sell Camaro that I could get this Charger. Last year I finally got opportunity to buy Camaro back and I did, this was great, because now I have them both  :2thumbs: I bought it without engine and installed carburated +400hp SBC 383cid stroker to it. Of course still Charger is the best always, but this my Iroc-Z was my first American car and it is in mint condition, you don´t see often as nice Iroc-Z as this is, lot of money used to it during years... It´s a street race car with almost all possible upgrades. It was a hard decision almost 8 years ago to sell it after all those years, I´m so happy that I had possibility to get it back and now also that is better than ever, I´ve used lot of time during past year with it  :cheers:

First picture of Charger, we were in Sweden / Classicmotormeet with my friends, picture is taken when we were driving back to Finland  :coolgleamA:

Charger´69

And now one pic of my Camaro Iroc-Z, sorry, I know that this is not appropriate in Mopar forum, but I can love all of them: Fords, Mopars and Chevys etc.  :shruggy: :smilielol:

Charger´69

... And back to Charger  ;)

Charger´69

Family picture of Charger, this is taken one week ago in a big car meeting/show that was here in Finland  :icon_smile_cool:

Charger´69

On this year I and my awesome Charger have 10 years together  :cheers: And it´s clear that this relationship will continue also next coming tens of years  :coolgleamA: This pictures are from last fall, I got new BFG Radial 235/295 tires for it at last, now it has again raised white letters that I missed so much  :2thumbs:

Loving this car. During last 1.5 year I also bought and build a friend for it, my another true dream car: Pontiac Trans Am "Bandit" T-top 400cid 1978  :2thumbs:

VegasCharger

myk

Quote from: Charger´69 on August 21, 2017, 02:28:54 AM
And now one pic of my Camaro Iroc-Z, sorry, I know that this is not appropriate in Mopar forum, but I can love all of them: Fords, Mopars and Chevys etc.  :shruggy: :smilielol:

You're not the only one.  I have 4th Gen F bodys and Mustangs also...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Charger´69

Quote from: myk on March 31, 2020, 04:33:13 AM
Quote from: Charger´69 on August 21, 2017, 02:28:54 AM

You're not the only one.  I have 4th Gen F bodys and Mustangs also...

We sick bastards  :rofl: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs: