News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need EXACT location for mounting 3rd Gen spoiler please

Started by AKcharger, May 18, 2010, 12:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Got my new Gull Wing today and ready to install, but before I put a drill to my car need to know where EXACTLY it goes, any help/photos greatly appreciated  :yesnod:

Thanks in advance!

1972Rallye

The exact placement is determined by the cut-outs in the deck lid inner panel.  A few early '72s had them, but I assume yours didn't. If nobody chimes in with the exact location, I can take a few pics of the cut-outs on my extra '71 deck lid (My Rallye doesn't have them and the Bee has the spoiler mounted).  In the mean time, this might help.  It's from an original engineering drawing in 1970 for 71-72 B-Bodies. The view on the right shows body grid locations. The 18" from center line is obvious, the fore/aft dimension probably won't help much.

I love your car, by the way  :cheers:

Bob

If it does not have the cutouts as mine did not I used this from YO and a little ingenuity.

Also, I did not want the outer skin and inner skin to collapse together when I was tightening the mounting studs. I drilled the holes exactly where the diagram measured. The underside skin hole I reamed out bigger that the outer skin. This enabled me to slide a nylon spacer over the stud and just inside the inner skin. I place a larger washer over the stud and tightend the nut. The nylon spacer allowed the wing to tighten up and prevented the outer and inner skin from collapsing. I place a very small amount of silicone on the base mounts to prevent any water leaks.
This all worked for me. Look at the pic of mine at the bottom.
Bob

AKcharger

OK so it looks like 9 11/16 from the rear edge centered...gotcha

Thanks guys!

Bob

Quote from: AKcharger on May 18, 2010, 08:07:31 AM
OK so it looks like 9 11/16 from the rear edge centered...gotcha

Thanks guys!

Always measure 10 times and drill once.  :smilielol:

Beer

I forget if the firstplace auto Products spoiler came with the instruction set or I got it of the 71-74 Charger site.  I am on the rig offshore now so I can't hunt for it. I think I got it from the 71-74 charger site.  Here is some pics of mine if it helps.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

AKcharger

Ghoste

Nice shout out for the group on the deck lid edge Beer.

AKcharger

Nacho-RT74

it looks is ready to Nascar, to turn just to the left side!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html