News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

Started by CDN72SE, May 26, 2010, 02:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN72SE

Hey Chris, very close. Probably within the next week.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

The wait must be driving you crazy. Did you see your car on their Facebook? April 1 and 3.

CDN72SE

Yes E5, a lot of anticipation. I'm almost afraid the car will be too perfect if that makes sense.
I saw the pics on their website, they are in the process of filming Season 4 and they asked if my car happens to be on tv if I'm okay with that. I said sure that would be cool.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

charger chris

Wow they do good work. I can't wait to get started on mine.  They have me work 60+ hrs at work leaves me no time to do anything. Some time I need sleep lol. But your car looks alsome. :2thumbs: :popcrn:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

CDN72SE

That's some hard work you are putting in there, I hear ya. I picked up a part-time job to pay for this thing. Thanks for the compliment and hang in there you will get to it.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Well the time has come... PAINT!!!!!

1972 Charger SE

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

keepat

CDN72SE

Much appreciated Pat, and loving your Bullitt build.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

Looks awesome! In the first pic there is a guy holding a coffee cup. Look at how his jaw has dropped looking at it. Is that base/clear or single stage? The bottom looks so nice. Are you undercoating it or leaving as is?  :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CDN72SE

Quote from: E5 Charger on June 26, 2017, 01:52:43 PM
Looks awesome! In the first pic there is a guy holding a coffee cup. Look at how his jaw has dropped looking at it. Is that base/clear or single stage? The bottom looks so nice. Are you undercoating it or leaving as is?  :2thumbs:

Yeah hadn't noticed him, lol. Embarrassingly enough I am not sure but i think it is base/clear, I've asked  :scratchchin:. I was leaning toward going back to full undercoating as it was from the factory but got convinced to just do the wheel wells, think I will like that better anyway.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

E5 Charger

I didn't think you would want to cover up that beautiful paint with undercoating. I think a yearly check underneath to touch up chips is all you will need.

timmycharger

looks amazing! Congrats man, its been a long road to get to this point.  :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn:

birdsandbees

Don't scratch it assembling!!  :lol:

Looking good, GREAT to see you back on track. You have 2.5 months to get ahead of me...  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Scaregrabber

Looks great, it will look really good assembled in that colour.

Sheldon

CDN72SE

Quote from: timmycharger on June 27, 2017, 02:02:33 PM
looks amazing! Congrats man, its been a long road to get to this point.  :2thumbs: :cheers: :popcrn:

Thanks Timmy, appreciate the comment. If it wasn't for you guys nobody would understand what it means.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: birdsandbees on June 27, 2017, 08:27:51 PM
Don't scratch it assembling!!  :lol:

Looking good, GREAT to see you back on track. You have 2.5 months to get ahead of me...  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

Thanks  :2thumbs: looking forward to seeing you get back at it once you are back. I will probably be checking your resto thread for some answers.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Next step, final block and the colour will be shot on the outside, hopefully before the end of the week, if not, Tuesday it will be shot. So when I get back from my family vacay in The States it should be done.

I'll be celebrating Canada's 150th birthday in the US, lol. We are heading to the Hoover Dam and The Grand Canyon, for the first time ever, first stop will be Vegas for a couple of days.
1972 Charger SE

VegasCharger

Quote from: CDN72SE on June 28, 2017, 12:30:12 PM
first stop will be Vegas for a couple of days.

Enjoy your stay in VEGA$.  :cheers:

Be prepared for the heat!!  :flame: :fireangry:

chapel40

I have been going through your thread. I don't mean to be nosey but how much did you have to spend just on the body to get it ready to paint? Im working on my 71 and trying to decide which way to go. Thanks in advance. Mine has basically the same problems yours had.
Don Chapel

CDN72SE

Quote from: VegasCharger on June 28, 2017, 07:47:02 PM
Quote from: CDN72SE on June 28, 2017, 12:30:12 PM
first stop will be Vegas for a couple of days.

Enjoy your stay in VEGA$.  :cheers:

Be prepared for the heat!!  :flame: :fireangry:

Vegas was hot, lots to see, really a beautiful place and really enjoyed the Grand Canyon, you have to see it too truly get it.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: chapel40 on June 29, 2017, 11:05:37 PM
I have been going through your thread. I don't mean to be nosey but how much did you have to spend just on the body to get it ready to paint? Im working on my 71 and trying to decide which way to go. Thanks in advance. Mine has basically the same problems yours had.

Kind of a long story, first shop quoted me $10-12,000k Canadian for the full job which includes paint. I paid more than that but I will use that figure. Add what I have paid at the second shop $10,873.0 add together and you get CAD$20,873 (US$16,036) approximately. That would be before paint. I'm scared when I add up the exact amount I spent.
1972 Charger SE