News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CDN72SE's Restoration Thread

Started by CDN72SE, May 26, 2010, 02:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

You probably mentioned it earlier but I missed it. Is that B7 or something else?

Looks fantastic.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

CDN72SE

B5, we were joking that it may be B6 as it looks like it falls between B5 and B7. I gave the shop one of those PPG chip charts for '71 GB5 and that's what they used.
It is getting cut and polished now and the painter said it should really pop out in the sunlight.
1972 Charger SE

timmycharger

I was wondering the same thing!  One of the shots (I think I copied it correctly looks just like B7)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4279/35514228680_5118f5f616_z.jpg

I agree it is definitely going to pop once it hits the sun.

I am a fan of the show, did he say if it will be on the show next season?

CDN72SE

Yeah it does, I know that the metallic in the paint needs to come out more. I was a little taken back when I first saw it at a distance it looked like like a solid enamel blue type of colour until I got closer. But I do know the lighting really plays tricks on what it looks like. I don't really go to car shows or run into any old Mopars anywhere so it's hard to judge how correct it is. I'm just going by if I like it or not and it's a pretty incorrect car anyway, lol.

The show sent me a waiver to sign giving permission for them to show my car on the show (so it may be on), they are still filming the upcoming season so it would be cool if they showed it.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

birdsandbees

Blue.. I like Blue... !!   :2thumbs: Home for a day to cut grass, but had to check on the progress! You'll be caught up to me in no time!  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

CDN72SE

Hey there you are, hope your summer is going well and thanks for the comment. I'm going to be waiting to follow your lead.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Dropped by the shop today to drop off my vinyl top stainless trim. They said my new 20 year old Legendary vinyl top had a really nice grain and was very good quality.

The car is mostly cut and polished, was still a bit dusty. Should be ready to come home in another week.

1972 Charger SE

Moparsaver

Absolutely stunning!!!     Looks amazing.   The excitement must be hard to contain at this point.    Congratulations man.   :2thumbs:  :cheers:

CDN72SE

Thanks Moparsaver, it's becoming a reality now. I'm excited to start building it back once it's home.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Here is the vinyl back in 1999.

1972 Charger SE

CRW-FK5

Beautiful car.  Coming along nicely.

CDN72SE

Thanks CRW, much appreciated.  :cheers:
1972 Charger SE

Dino

Man that looks sooo damn good! You must be stoked up to the nth degree!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

darbgnik

I really like the vinyl top on your 3rd gen!!!!
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

CDN72SE

Quote from: Dino on August 22, 2017, 07:27:25 PM
Man that looks sooo damn good! You must be stoked up to the nth degree!

I am and I can't wait to start putting all those parts back on that I have had boxed up for years.
I'm thinking my wiper motor is going to stand out like a sore thumb on that shiny paint.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: darbgnik on August 22, 2017, 08:21:51 PM
I really like the vinyl top on your 3rd gen!!!!

Thank you, I'm glad it survived 20+ years in the box I had it in.  :cheers:
1972 Charger SE

Midnight_Rider

Quote from: CDN72SE on July 28, 2017, 09:50:17 AM
I know that the metallic in the paint needs to come out more. I was a little taken back when I first saw it at a distance it looked like like a solid enamel blue type of colour until I got closer. But I do know the lighting really plays tricks on what it looks like.

Yes it does. I am new to Mopar stuff but looking around on the web (since I have a GB7 '71 Road Runner project), half the B5 cars look like B7 and half the B7 cars look like B5 to me.

You can't really see the metallic in B7 either until you get pretty close:

Photobucket (curse them) really hosed a lot of build threads like this one, but I'm glad I got to see the end result of your paint quest. Looks great!

CDN72SE

Thanks for the pic, at times it does look like B7. I do like the way the car turned out, funny when non-car/mopar people ask what color I am painting my car and I say blue, they always say Blue? I guess it cars aren't black, grey, silver or white they can't picture it.

Yeah photobucket really messed everyone up, I think I will slowly replace the images when I have time.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Well the car is done but with three cars and two parking spaces we decided to widen the driveway.

Driveway should be finished this weekend and I will take delivery of the car soon after.

Definitely going to miss my double-car garage during the re-assembly process.  :'(

1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70 sublime

Think your garage will feel a lot smaller now that you have a nice paint car project you can not pile stuff on or lean things against  ;D
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

CDN72SE

Quote from: moparstuart on September 25, 2017, 03:40:45 PM
some assembly required   :icon_smile_big:

Exactly, nice way to put it, can't wait to get the parts back where they belong.
1972 Charger SE

CDN72SE

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 25, 2017, 05:34:30 PM
Think your garage will feel a lot smaller now that you have a nice paint car project you can not pile stuff on or lean things against  ;D

Very true, I think I'm okay with a few posters and banners on the walls, if they fall I think the car will be okay, lol.
1972 Charger SE