News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is awesome.. A 67 Hemi Belvedere w/43 MILES on it

Started by jb666, May 31, 2010, 02:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Fricken AWESOME!

Think Jon will do a pro bono tub job on my 67 R/T.  :2thumbs:  :lol:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jb666

Quote from: mikepmcs on September 11, 2010, 01:28:33 PM
Fricken AWESOME!

Think Jon will do a pro bono tub job on my 67 R/T.  :2thumbs:  :lol:

LOL!! Certainly can't hurt to ask him, Mike!!!!!!!!!!

Mike -- PM or text me when you're around.. I have a new PDR guy.. I've given up on Dan and this new guy is great and RIGHT off the highway.  :cheers:

mikepmcs

I started making my own pdr tools.  made the fog board and now I'm starting to shape the rods.  don't really have time though to learn the pdr but I was interested for about 2 weeks. :lol:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jeryst

FJMG

Sure is nice work going on there thanks for sharing the pics. Oh by the way jb666 I'll offer my services as the scrap metal guy  :icon_smile_wink: I'm sure he needs to get that "garbage" out of his shop pronto.

Aero426

A real piece of history wasted for the owners short term pleasure.   Congrats on cutting the value of the car in half, let alone an irreplaceable piece of history.   Regardless of the circumstances,  cutting that car is completely irresponsible.    

mikepmcs

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

RD

ford 9"? jericho transmission?  its his car.. i get that.. but this is my opinion.. he's an idiot.  his brain is officially "stuck in stupid".
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

jb666

No updates... I'll get some shots this week... the way I see it.. His car.. His money...   :2thumbs:

RD

Quote from: jb666 on October 11, 2010, 07:19:21 PM
No updates... I'll get some shots this week... the way I see it.. His car.. His money...   :2thumbs:

i agree with you, dont get me wrong... but.. i believe i summarize mostly everyone's opinion by saying, he is still a blooming idiot.  if he has this much money, he can find any other car and "fack/hack" it up the way he wants, but to do it to this car is just blasphemy.

i, for one, will honestly not view this thread for updates because i dont think he is making the car better, but rather he is ruining it.  no sense looking for updates on a car that is getting screwed up.  not dogging on you man, but the dude is a little off kilter.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Vainglory, Esq.

"His car, his money" is not mutually exclusive with "he's a fucking idiot."

mikepmcs

Quote from: RD on October 11, 2010, 08:50:49 PM
Quote from: jb666 on October 11, 2010, 07:19:21 PM
No updates... I'll get some shots this week... the way I see it.. His car.. His money...   :2thumbs:

but.. i believe i summarize mostly everyone's opinion by saying, he is still a blooming idiot.

For the record, I'm not in the "mostly everyone" crowd.  That is not my opinion. Bring on the updates. Can't wait to see this bad boy done.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

It was a piece of history now it's just another boogered up old car. :flame:

jb666

All I can say is what I've been saying all along... It's his car, his $$... In the end, his decision.. More power to him for doing what he wants with it  

I stopped by Jon's shop tonight to talk to him about a few things...  And we got to talking about this car...

His feelings are it's his car, he can do whatever he wants with it.. He asked the owner if it's REALLY what he wanted done and if he knew what he was doing.. The owner replied "I've had this for 42 years and this is what I want". Jon explained everything that had to be cut and moved...Jon told him to sell it like it is (factory) and buy any car you want and race tomorrow with it...

So in the end, it's something the owner went into with his eyes open wide...

As for the post above.. it is a real car. Jim Reid (who built my motor) is the guy who put the 43 miles on it back in 1967. It was bought new from Hall Motors in Brockton, MA. It was a factory Hemi 4-speed Belvedere 1, otherwise known as the mule car...Radio delete.. Heat delete... Jim and his brother Tom raced it in '67 and sold it at the end of the year , to another guy in Central Mass, who pulled the entire drivetrain out. The CURRENT owner bought the body, as you see it for $300.  It even has the original metal hood scoop...

For the record, the guy who owns this is not rich.. He's a regular working stiff like the rest of us... He put his kids through college.. Did his time.. And this is his dream car.

My hat's off to him for living his dream.

Any one who thinks the car is being "hacked" should really go see the quality of the work that's being done and decide for themselves...

Vainglory, Esq.

Hey guys, I bought a painting!

I made some "modifications."  People told me not to, but they don't own it, and I figure, hey, it's my painting. 

jb666

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

jb666

I think we all agree what we would have done if it were our car....  :yesnod:

Dave C

Quote from: jb666 on October 13, 2010, 05:25:09 PM

But its not. When I finally get around to working on my car I better get permission from the Mopar gods and give them 3 copies of a 5 color plan of how I would like to build MY car. I hope all these purists have the correct hose clamps, oil filter, battery cables, and cam bearings in their own cars, or maybe they are just a bunch of hypocrites. I am going to get some dinner, will it offend anyone if I have lasagna? Or should I have what they want to eat?

The70RT

We know it's not our car, lasagna...say what? I think most of us prefer pizza  :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi-hampton

I think he may regret his decision later on down the road :brickwall: :slap: :shruggy: :Twocents:

Ghoste

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Dave C on October 13, 2010, 06:15:36 PM
Quote from: jb666 on October 13, 2010, 05:25:09 PM

But its not. When I finally get around to working on my car I better get permission from the Mopar gods and give them 3 copies of a 5 color plan of how I would like to build MY car. I hope all these purists have the correct hose clamps, oil filter, battery cables, and cam bearings in their own cars, or maybe they are just a bunch of hypocrites. I am going to get some dinner, will it offend anyone if I have lasagna? Or should I have what they want to eat?

You are fundamentally misstating the issue.  It's not whether your car per se is correct, it's whether the truly rare, historical ones are.  Just like I don't care whether someone draws a mustache on a five year old's art class rendering of the Mona Lisa, I really don't care if someone wants to put a bunch of "pro-touring" stuff on their unspectacular 318 Charger.  Nobody needs "permission from the Mopar gods" for that.  But when you want to mess with a 1 of 1 Hemi Belvedere with 43 original miles, you might as well be painting a mustache on the real Mona Lisa.

I'm not a hypocrite for saying that this car should be correct because my non-R/T, non-numbers matching Charger is not.  But any idiot can see that there's a difference between my car and this Belvedere.

Can you see the difference?