News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger Headlight Motors

Started by Matthan, June 25, 2010, 09:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthan

Does anyone have a Diagram or picture on how to install the rods and motors fo a 1970 Charger. When I bought my Charger all my Headlight stuff as in a box.

b5blue

I'll take some photos this weekend of my 70's if ya want.  :2thumbs: What ever ya do don't cycle the motor with it not hooked up, you can bust the gear.

NHCharger

I have a load of pics when I took apart my 71 charger for reference.
Is the 70 set up the same as 71?
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Matthan

I doubt it I though I wold get more responses than this.

b5blue

Hope this helps.....

bill440rt

How's this?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

b5blue

Not only prettier than my old car but better photo's too!  :lol:

bill440rt

Quote from: b5blue on June 27, 2010, 05:05:40 PM
Not only prettier than my old car but better photo's too!  :lol:

I bet your car is plenty pretty!!  :drool5:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

ACUDANUT

The 70 thru 72 seam to be the same IMO

Domino

Quote from: bill440rt on June 27, 2010, 04:42:13 PM
How's this?

So my '70 has the big hand crank "wheel" like yours but I see plenty with the smaller one too.  Which is correct?

Nacho-RT74

I think they were used indistinctelly allong the manufacturers stock. A frind of mine has a 70 what I think with smaller handcrank wheel
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

petem2020

WHERE CAN I BUY REPLACEMENT HEADLIGHT MOTORS FOR A 70 CHARGER

b5blue

Do a search here, one of our members rebuilds them very nicely. He may have one!  :2thumbs:

petem2020

THANKS FOR THE HELP !!!!. BOUGHT A 70 CHARGER 500 FLOOR SHIFTER BURNED . BEFORE THE BURN THE CAR SEEMED TO BE IN AWESOME CONDITION. I NEED A WHOLE INTERIOR THIS SHOULD BE FUN !!!!

b5blue

:wave: Welcome and good luck! We need pics!  :2thumbs: