News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who has a General Lee?

Started by elacruze, September 12, 2009, 09:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

neither do I ,.. but i found it releveant and illustrative of the point I was trying to make.
 :lol:

elacruze

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 13, 2009, 01:29:18 PM
neither do I ,.. but i found it releveant and illustrative of the point I was trying to make.
 :lol:

Point taken.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Brock Samson

sacred or profane?..  :shruggy:   :police:  :lol:

i love it myself.
                         :bow:

by the way i would be curious in a thread that explains or illustrates with photos what makes "Your" G.L. different ?
because That I would find interesting, as I would the data on the Fender tag for it's origins like paint color and Orig. drive train...
 :shruggy:

69bronzeT5

That General is just plain badass :coolgleamA:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Landonsrt

I know the GL is a charger. Theres already dozens of threads about GL's. Not whinning. Just stating the facts.

MoparManJim

Quote from: Landonsrt on September 13, 2009, 02:21:43 PM
I know the GL is a charger. Theres already dozens of threads about GL's. Not whinning. Just stating the facts.

I was also stating a fact.

Mike DC

Kudos for not patching over the factory sunroof.   :cheers:

c00nhunterjoe

here is what mine used to look like before i moved to pa and had to paint it.....

and as for mr sampson- why is it not allowed to have a duplicate post about general lee's but we can have 50 people ask about base timing or what cam ito use in a big block, or what gears are the best?  i suggest you back off if you have nothing better to do then complain about general lee's.  they are no different then any other charger. its just another paint scheme.

General_01

I used to own one. Already a few pics of it on this site. Sold it over a year ago. Got quite a bit of attention. The new owner stopped by with it today. I was not here. He just got it out of the body shop. Had some bodywork done and a new paint job. Yes, he kept it a General. He is a big fan. My wife said it looked great. I may stop by tonight and check it out.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 13, 2009, 01:09:32 PM
"Origin myths and sacred time
Eliade notes that, in traditional societies, myth represents the absolute truth about primordial time.[96] According to the myths, this was the time when the Sacred first appeared, establishing the world's structure—myths claim to describe the primordial events that made society and the natural world be that which they are. Eliade argues that all myths are, in that sense, origin myths: "myth, then, is always an account of a creation".[97]

Many traditional societies believe that the power of a thing lies in its origin.[98] If origin is equivalent to power, then "it is the first manifestation of a thing that is significant and valid"[99] (a thing's reality and value therefore lies only in its first appearance).

According to Eliade's theory, only the Sacred has value, only a thing's first appearance has value and, therefore, only the Sacred's first appearance has value. Myth describes the Sacred's first appearance; therefore, the mythical age is sacred time,[100] the only time of value: "primitive man was interested only in the beginnings [...] to him it mattered little what had happened to himself, or to others like him, in more or less distant times".[101] Eliade postulated this as the reason for the "nostalgia for origins" that appears in many religions, the desire to return to a primordial Paradise.[102]"

from..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mircea_Eliade
also see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_and_profane
religion is a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things, that is to say, things set apart and forbidden."[1] In Durkheim's theory, the sacred represented the interests of the group, especially unity, which were embodied in sacred group symbols, or totems. The profane, on the other hand, involved mundane individual concerns. Durkheim explicitly stated that the dichotomy sacred/profane was not equivalent to good/evil. The sacred could be good or evil, and the profane could be either as well.

By that philosophy wouldn't that make the first gen charger more valuable than the second seeing as the "origins are more valuable than what it becomes?"  No offense but there's a definite hole in that theory of yours  :nana:

Brock Samson

Man, it's terrible being so misunderstood...  :lol:
The sacred the profane, the raw and the cooked, pearls before swine... etc.. etc...
  It's not my,.. err,..  sorry,.. they're not my theory's they are just some things to think about,.. Oh,.. and as far as doing the search and then posting the thread with a lot of the members General Lees?..
Your welcome...  :brickwall:  :lol:
my sarcasm detector is on high BTW...

MoparSam

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 12, 2009, 03:59:32 PM
:nana:

Who told you that was General Lee?  That's General (Stonewall) Jackson (Not trying to be smart or nothing). :2thumbs:
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

moparstuart

Quote from: MoparSam on September 14, 2009, 10:57:18 AM

Who told you that was General Lee?  That's General (Stonewall) Jackson (Not trying to be smart or nothing). :2thumbs:
another fake gereral lee    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

MoparSam

Quote from: moparstuart on September 14, 2009, 11:10:27 AM
Quote from: MoparSam on September 14, 2009, 10:57:18 AM

another fake gereral lee    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Good one! :rofl:
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

nelson_audet

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 14, 2009, 10:22:02 AM
Man, it's terrible being so misunderstood...  :lol:
The sacred the profane, the raw and the cooked, pearls before swine... etc.. etc...
  It's not my,.. err,..  sorry,.. they're not my theory's they are just some things to think about,.. Oh,.. and as far as doing the search and then posting the thread with a lot of the members General Lees?..
Your welcome...  :brickwall:  :lol:
my sarcasm detector is on high BTW...

Its all love... just none of that homo love.. your not my type sorry  :pity:

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: nelson_audet on September 14, 2009, 12:30:57 PM

Man I think I like 68 GLee's more... actually I just like 68's more... but I would never pass up a 69'.

autodynamics

one sexy gl

aussiemuscle

Quote from: autodynamics on September 14, 2009, 07:32:31 PM

one sexy gl
yeah, dukes of deathproof! actually for a moonshine runner, flat black would be more realistic. nothing says 'look at me' more than orange.  :smilielol:

Mike DC

Yep, orange stands out too much.  But the GL was a race car. 

Over the years, pop culture seems to have collectively forgotten that the GL itself was never a moonshine runner. 

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: ZSmithersCharges on September 12, 2009, 04:00:25 PMWheres Joe Gowdy?  He's always posting up pics of his...  :popcrn:

Sorry just now seeing this, been busy, here's a couple:

I will be posting more GL pics soon on my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=157422&id=22894981472

:2thumbs:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Neal_J

Wasn't there a guy named Jeff on this site with a General Lee?

As best I can recall, I think he had a couple of problems with it though...

:coolgleamA:

Cooter

Here I is....I built this thing in a little over 2 1/2 years at a total cost of $7000.00......Did It ALL by myself...

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

ionracer24

wow, verr nice cooter verr nice indeed, i was contemplating building a general as well but i decided to build a fast and furious flat black monster with a real blower, no fakies here! no siree!!   need more power than natural aspiration can provide hehehe and maybe get some rental money in return  :D :smilielol:
Real race cars have three pedals......

jb666

Quote from: Neal_J on August 25, 2010, 07:06:48 PM
Wasn't there a guy named Jeff on this site with a General Lee?

As best I can recall, I think he had a couple of problems with it though...

:coolgleamA:

Nah.. He's a donkey. He sold it and bought a Herbie The Love Bug VW.  :2thumbs: