News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It used to be a 69 daytona

Started by nascarxx29, September 25, 2010, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Quote from: Nwcharger on May 25, 2012, 10:36:13 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2012, 09:19:27 AM
I see nothing to save or repair the car.  :scratchchin:  I thought the car was red, but now I see green.??  Either way, there is nothing left on the bone.
Rebody will only get you into trouble.  :Twocents:

The car had a few paint jobs its short life on the road. It's original color is T5. I have no plans for a rebody.

Excuse me....how can you possibly think that this car can be repaired without rebodying it?  I own a restoration company and would love to see your step by step method of repair. I see this project causing you nothing but misery somewhere down the road.  :Twocents:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Nwcharger on May 24, 2012, 11:55:02 PM
the last 2 pics are a floor and right quarter panel from a 69 that was parted (not by me) years ago. they came with my 69 as extra pieces

Life is just too short to contemplate how many miles of mig wire and cut up donor cars you need to Hmmmm....."resurrect" the "essence" of what was once a Daytona........I just hope you didn't part with too much cash for what you have.......not to be a "Debbie Downer", but this project, without a rebody, will never see fruition

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: hotrod98 on May 26, 2012, 02:50:31 PM
Quote from: Nwcharger on May 25, 2012, 10:36:13 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 25, 2012, 09:19:27 AM
I see nothing to save or repair the car.  :scratchchin:  I thought the car was red, but now I see green.??  Either way, there is nothing left on the bone.
Rebody will only get you into trouble.  :Twocents:

The car had a few paint jobs its short life on the road. It's original color is T5. I have no plans for a rebody.

Excuse me....how can you possibly think that this car can be repaired without rebodying it?  I own a restoration company and would love to see your step by step method of repair. I see this project causing you nothing but misery somewhere down the road.  :Twocents:

I agree, that car is about as far as you can get from being restored.  It should have been crushed long ago and by luck it wasn't.  If you try to rebuild it, nobody will believe you didn't rebody it.  There isn't anything to build off of.  There is nothing solid enough to even weld too it looks like.

Take the VIN, hang it on your wall.  Put the old girl down and move on.

Ryan

ACUDANUT

My thoughts exactly.  You can't rebuild a car, if your starting with a crushed and cut up beer can.

Nwcharger

All I can say is I will document all work done to the car once I get it with lots of pictures, I'm wondering what customs is going to say when they see it. Ive talked to them a few times and they said they don't care about the condition of the vehicle when it comes to importing back to the states. Does anybody know what happend with this daytona?  http://forgotten-mopars.piczo.com/page104?cr=6&linkvar=000044      I guess it sold on eBay a few years back for 22k
1969 coronet wagon

hemi68charger

Quote from: Nwcharger on May 26, 2012, 09:53:39 PM
All I can say is I will document all work done to the car once I get it with lots of pictures, I'm wondering what customs is going to say when they see it. Ive talked to them a few times and they said they don't care about the condition of the vehicle when it comes to importing back to the states. Does anybody know what happend with this daytona?  http://forgotten-mopars.piczo.com/page104?cr=6&linkvar=000044      I guess it sold on eBay a few years back for 22k

Look forward in seeing this.... Good luck............ Any thoughts on when you'll start?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1RareBird

Well, I have seen hemi cudas restored from less and several old race cars too.  Don't listen to the Debbie Downers.  Personally, I would set the firewall/apron/front rails up in a jig and start building off of there.  Document all your work and then let the next owner decide if they want a car that went through that process of a restoration. It's not like you are hiding anything and the history of the car can be found in a click of the button.  Good luck!
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

ACUDANUT

A downer or a realist.  All he has is a sub floor.  Where on that can you find VIN numbers. He has nothing.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 27, 2012, 10:31:19 AM
A downer or a realist.  All he has is a sub floor.  Where on that can you find VIN numbers. He has nothing.

Unfortunately.  I don't see anyplace that would hold the VIN number, not the core support or trunk or any of the few other places.  So basically what you are doing is a rebody. 

Even the Purple 71 Hemi Cuda Wert had the core support and firewall to build off of. 

With this, you are doing a rebody.  Even if you build off a 1' x 1' section of original flooring, it is a rebody.  I believe legally you need to have something like 20% of the structure to keep it legal.  I think you have what, 2% of the car left?

1RareBird

He has the front structure according to the pics he posted.  Plus a lot of little extras.  As much if not more than the 71 hemi convertible started off with, along with several other cars that have been done in the past. 
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

65post

If this one gets a rebody it will not be the first daytona to get one......At least this one is well known and the owner is not FIXING it up behind closed doors......I would make it a 2 fender tag car.The original tag and one stamped REBODIED beside it.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

charger_fan_4ever

After reading this post on your wanted ad for fenders

Quote from: Nwcharger on January 07, 2012, 12:00:49 AM
i would like a decent pair sense body work is not my expertise by any means, but really anything for a good price.  :icon_smile_big:

If body work is not your thing your going to farm out all the work to the river rat ?

The restoration cost at a shop would equal the price of a turn key daytona.

gtx6970

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 30, 2012, 11:18:30 AM

After reading this post on your wanted ad for fenders

Quote from: Nwcharger on January 07, 2012, 12:00:49 AM
i would like a decent pair sense body work is not my expertise by any means, but really anything for a good price.  :icon_smile_big:

If body work is not your thing your going to farm out all the work to the river rat ?

The restoration cost at a shop would double the price of a turn key daytona.

fixed

Aero426

Frankly, the car would get a fair amount of attention just hauling it to a show on a trailer.   It is what it is. 

djcarguy

maybe run a add on west coast for parts and new friends with welding skills. then hold some save the endangered,rare daytona summer partys.everyone can learn and help save this winged creature.   search for 68 super charger build and jims build partys.

think i can sell cheap or donate 69 satillite 8 3|4 and big block k member and front a arms,spindles......few years back could have got ya the whole rust free sat htop shell real cheap. have a valient 4dr rolling shell will that help,,haha??     pm me or email is in profile.. latttter dj,oregone

P.S. REAd new thread,,,,,,,,,have ya ever sent a charger to the crusher??  roof n doors florida and guy in wash may have parts in shed??

djcarguy

Quote from: Nwcharger on May 18, 2012, 10:35:08 PM
Thanks.... I am going to do everything I can to save this car. I understand its going to cost a fortune to restore but Ive always wanted a Daytona and this seems like the only way I will ever get one. I can promises this car will not change hands again until I'm in the ground, i can't tell you how pissed my wife is about it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         
you still above ground,,,no reply lately and ya said ,cant say how pissed wife is.....??????????????  just wondering if ya alive and or is cars back on market,hahaha  ..  hope ya alive and making peace and plans??  dj- oregon

Nwcharger

Yea I'm still around. Just been busy working on my joe dirt clone and trying to sell a couple Toyota 4x4s and at least 1 honda. I talked about also selling my 68 rt but I'm trying to hold out on that one.  I'm 1/3 paid for on the daytona and should have it in my yard no later than Xmas. I got my to calm down, at least until the other day when I told her I may have 100k into the car when said and done.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
1969 coronet wagon

djcarguy

So anyone know????  my guess is this would be the NEWFOUNDLAND     QUARRAY   DAYTONA   from past threads ,,,,,,and lost or found daytonas????????????     

well quarry ,,gravel pit or dam site,,sure is sickening the way this car was abused when it was only afew yrs old.  any more info may be helpful to new owner and history of this daytona?? :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Ghoste

nascarxx29

There was a myth of a quarry Hemi 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7992.0.html
.The recent 440 remains remaints etc is a 440 car story was pushed over a cliff by a bull dozer and other cars at a construction site :Twocents:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

GOTWING

i wonder if there is anymore of this said car buried under some of the rubble? :shruggy: Did you see any of the other cars down there?

Ghoste

Are you talking about the water filled quarry or the other one?

GOTWING

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: any new info ,pics or plans??? :2thumbs:

Nwcharger

Quote from: djcarguy on September 21, 2012, 07:03:00 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn: any new info ,pics or plans??? :2thumbs:

I should have it paid off minus the shipping by the end of this month hopefully. It would be the ultimate graveyard car to restore on tv for everyone to see. Maybe I'll give them a call when I get it and have them take a look at it
1969 coronet wagon