News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

posting pics

Started by Fred, October 14, 2010, 12:37:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Hi grdprx, after Troy's help and lots of attempts I finally managed to post a pic of my charger  and after getting the pic size right I thought I'd post somemore today for you to enjoy.................WELL! after 7 attempts at doing exactly what I did yesturday when it worked.............today it doesn't work again. I've just spent about 2 hours on posting to no avail and I've had my fill. So the one I posted as a practice trial might be the only one you'll ever see if you want to check it out. Fred    :brickwall:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

hemigeno

Fred,

The file name has to be unique for each individual picture you post, and if you use a generic file name chances are quite high that the file name has already been used.  You'll then get the dreaded file name error message...

To upload pictures directly from your PC, four basic steps are involved:

>>  Make sure the photo is in one of the four allowed file types/formats (.jpg, .gif, .png and .pdf - I am not sure if .jpeg is allowed or not, to be honest)

>>  Size each picture to below 200KB each (will require using MSPaint or another editing program)

>>  Rename each picture (don't forget to make sure the file still has it's allowed file type/format extension) with a unique name not likely to have been used by another member in the 5+ years this site has been in existence.  Adding your initials and some other prefix/suffix characters usually works.

>>  Use the "Browse" button from the Reply screen to find the resized and renamed photo on your PC.

I've probably uploaded over a thousand photos to this site using essentially these same steps.

Good luck, and I hope you are able to post some photos - from the one shot you posted, your '68 looks really nice!

:2thumbs:

Fred

Hi Hemigeno, thanks for your help, I do appreciate it. I did manage to send some more photos since my first attempt. I posted them in the Charger disscussion board under "got a pic of your charger" if you want to check them out.  Fred :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.