News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The DOH movie was great

Started by hotrod98, August 01, 2005, 09:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

I have to admit that for a second or two half way through the movie I seriously thought about turning my 69 Charger into a General Lee.

The movie was that good.

I'm not going to tell you anything about the movie.

That wouldn't be fair.

Just get in line early on Friday night.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

I would still like to get a movie poster.  Someone had a link on the other site but that aint doing me much good now :rotz:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

41husk

Thanks strat,  I was hoping who ever had posted that had found there way over here.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

01-RT-SE

We just got back from a free premier we won tickets to. Thought It was Great. Kind of like Old Star Wars and new Star Wars. BOY How times have changed.
69 FEELS FINE

hotrod98

Did you notice that they used the same camera angles?  Made it more familiar.

BTW, when you guys go see the movie, don't jump up and run out to be the first one out of the parking lot.

You'll miss some great outtakes including the destruction of a few cars in the freeway jump scene. It was awesome.

Charles Addams

4cruzin

Quote from: 41husk on August 01, 2005, 09:54:22 PM
I would still like to get a movie poster.   Someone had a link on the other site but that aint doing me much good now :rotz:

I saw that poster and 2 others for sale at Meier's just two days ago!!   Had a bunch of them!!   
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

69charger2002

i also watched it tonight and i must say it's great! now 2 things i strongly urge:
1. don't go in thinking it's 1979 john schneider and tom wopat. it isn't get that mindset out of your head before you go in or you will be disappointed
2. i don't like the way ben jones has gone about it.. BUT don't take your 8 year old in there.. way too many G'D's and SH** for me to ever think about having a kid in there..
car stuff was absolutely awesome. ALL the jumps you see are real jumps, not cg's. only thing computer put in was exhaust etc under the cable pulled cars.. plot wise.. typical dukes episode.. but all things considered, i loved it, i will watch it again, and i will definitely buy the movie. but then again i may be biased.  :)
whatever you do, as a car enthusiast, GO SEE IT
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Silver R/T

Ive got Charger, do I get free premier too?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Just 6T9 CHGR

I got a free ticket in the season 3 DVD set of the DOH and I plan to use it :)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MoparYoungGun

Man, I thought I couldn't wait to go see it before. This thread has got my more anxious than ever!

Dale The Bold

The Season 4 DVD set hits the shelves today, so that should make the wait more bearable.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 01, 2005, 09:55:45 PM

http://www.allposters.com/GetPoster.asp?APNum=1226138&CID=8D9BA3D7C20B47B2A401EE9EBF55DACA&PPID=1&search=101&f=c&FindID=101&P=1&PP=1402&sortby=PD&cname=Movie&SearchID=

ok?..

Thanks Strat, I kind of like this version of their poster, too.   I saw the price on that, whoa, but that is framed I see, the poster alone is less than ten bucks.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

hotrod98

I have the smaller version of that same poster. My son works for a Dodge dealership and they were handing them out.

Charles Addams

MadScientist

I watched the "making of..." show on CMT and based on what I heard, the plot sounds identical to one I just saw on CMT.  Buying up Hazzard for strip mining.  dont mean to wreck it, but I was hioping for something a little fresher.  Cant be hard to write an original story for that series.  What other crimes can Boss Hogg try to commit and the dukes foil?  How about a fake IPO on Cooters Auto Parts Depot?  Or Boss selling pictures of Daisy on the internet?

Oh well, I cant wait for Friday!!!!!!
:laugh:

MS

Dale The Bold

As long as they don't have aliens visiting or a robot replacing the sheriff, the plot should be okay.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

SeattleCharger

Duke's fever catching on everywhere.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brock Samson

DarkAngel0816

I was not going to go, but I have seen specials on the stunts they did and I have to see them.  Gotta see the car flying.  So I am taking my Mom (not the 8 year old for he is into the original show big time and does not need to hear the cursing version lol) and my Charger and off we go on Friday.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Brock Samson

ChargerHound69

71440bee

Never have been into the Dukes thing. Guess I don't quite understand the whole allure of it :ahum:. Sure souds like it makes you guys feel good though. Glad they went ahead and just made a single movie so they didn't have to trash a boatload of Chargers again. I may watch it if someone gives me a copy though. There was this Dukes video game my brother had that was sort of fun to play after drinking a few beers! :cheers:  

Drache

Why not have an episode where Boss Hogg is switching VIN plates from a rusted out HEMI Charger onto a Charger he's planning on racing against the Duke boys and then selling as a Numbers Matching Car!!!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Brock Samson

For me at least,. it's not so much the quanity as the quality.  :angel:

hotrod98

There are two groups of Charger guys.
Those that have 69 Chargers and those that wish they did. lol

Charles Addams